DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Health Thread

+9
Blackbird
rainyday
SunoftheMourning
hrblsh
KapitanScarlet
Flames
quicksilvercrescendo
seraphim
tgII
13 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Health Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Health Thread

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sun 31 Jul 2011, 20:19

If you choose to drink raw milk it is essential that the cows are pasture fed on grass and do not have a diet made up of grains...or any other weird shit...like the offal, central nervous systems and brains of other mammals mixed in their feed lots. As has been the case in the UK.
This is crucial.

Also, best if the cows don't get any hormones, but a minimum round of antibiotics is acceptable...in my opinion.
Regular dairy cows in the U.S. not only get growth hormone, but huge amounts of antibiotics...way beyond acceptable limits with the antibiotics in the U.S.

With raw milk you have to avoid the two ultimate nasty pathogens that could really do you harm. Brucellis and Lysteria. These could cause massive kidney damage, bone pain that never really will ever completely go away, or even death.
Usually the farmer or the dairy company that picks up the milk to bring it to the factory for pasteurization will be doing this testing. The results should be made available for you to see with every batch of milk you are going to buy from. I would not buy raw milk without knowing for sure that the milk has been tested and free from these potential bugs.

The smell of the milk will tell you if it is fresh and has been kept cool. Raw milk only stays fresh in your refrigerator for about five days, then you should not drink it unless you are now putting it through a natural, but safe, process of souring it and drinking it soured. You have to do this souring properly as well. After five days, you are better off bringing left-over milk to a mild boil on the stove and then it is good for about a week in the refrigerator. If you look up pasteurization you will see that 72-74 degrees Celsius is all you need, best done in a double boiler method so the milk doesn't taste kind of cooked or even burnt. This method of self-pasteurization is a lot less severe than what they do at most commercial dairies. So you are not devitalizing the milk as much as they do. And it still remains un-homogenized which also has its benefits.

Walk around the farm and around where they keep the huge steel dairy tank where the milk is stored and kept cold. It should be quite clean and look to see that they have a hose that has hot water. This hose with hot water is used to wash down the equipment and floor. If they don't have hot water in that area to was everything down...then don't buy their milk. If you see a hose...make sure yourself that it is not just a cold water hookup...there has to be hot water available.

You also could freeze your fresh, raw milk in small bottles and this can be thawed out when you want to use it. I do this often when fall season starts so I have a good supply of milk that came from the cows while there were still out in pasture eating green grass. In the winter, they are brought inside and eat hay...which is still good milk, but not as good as when they eat the spring and summer grass.

It has also been suggested through posts on this forum that there may be a big concern with the milk from Holstein cows. Holsteins are pretty much the industry standard in commercial dairy farming due to their high yields and are usually freaks of nature due to human intervention to have them produce even more milk. Try to get from Guernsey cows or some other breed that has no cross-breeding with Holsteins either.

I am lucky, I can get it right up the road from three different farmers and it costs me fractions less than if I bought pasteurized milk from the local store.

quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sun 31 Jul 2011, 20:28

Most corn and soy in the U.S. are GMO and most of that will go into manufactured products.

Good news for you on the health front Lala.

One cup of coffee when you get up in the morning is actually good for you. Dilates the blood vessels, moves the bowels and gets things going.
Go over this amount and it has the opposite effect on your physiology. That second cup pushes the body into a defensive reaction and constricts blood vessels...and begins to have a diuretic effect.

If your coffee is organic, good quality, fresh, caffeinated, and with no added sugar...then it is a healthful drink when consumed in the right amount. That organic agave syrup works pretty well in coffee should you need some sweetener.

This is berry season in Norway.
Two weeks ago strawberries, both wild and farmed, were at their height. So I have 12 bags (3 liter size each) filled and frozen.
One week ago wild blueberries were at their height. But my bushes and those in the forests were quite bare this year. We had an increase in certain birds migrating this year, including crows...and they took a lot of my young berries. Yields were low...only two 3 liter bags. But nature dictates what I get. This year she demanded blueberries for her birds...few for me.
This week it was raspberries. Six bags full.
Today it was red and black currants...3 bags of black currants, and 6 bags of red currants.
The freezer is packed. I use them in smoothies with fresh squeezed orange juice, some banana and coconut fat.
Or I whip up fresh cream with some vanilla bean, or extract, and add a bit of organic agave nectar while whipping not to a fluff, but as a vanilla cream sauce and pour that over a bowl of cold mixed berries. Yummie...I am slurping some down as I type.

It is so cool to be picking berries out in nature with my kids. They dig it as they catch bugs and look at all the crawly things on the ground...while they munch what they pick. Not much of their pickings make it into the bucket and home. Red lips, drooling red chins and fingertips with spots on their T-shirts. Nice.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 01 Aug 2011, 05:52

That's some great health there quicksilvercrescendo! Blueberries, yummy! Everytime I tell someone about saturated fats they get scared as they are brainwashed by the media to actually fear it!
When the funny thing is that one study way back when done on rabbits given fats from animals, who in the first place are not carnivores and don't eat that kind of food so of course their arteries got clogged and then they say well if that happens to rabbits on saturated fats it must happen on people. And everyone bought the lie. Cholesterol is what makes our hormones, guys will becomes feminized if they don't eat enough. Not only that but LDL patches up any inflammation or wear in the arteries, HDL clears it out and anything in excess. When you get all that vegetable oil clogs up your arteries and inflames it, LDL and HDL go into over drive. And guess which one gets all the blame, LDL and saturated fats, which actually heal them and are a main component of the heart, brain and every cell in your body.

The most healthy people in the world have saturated fats, raw in most cases, as their main food. And if one took a look at when all these degenerative diseases started and the main killers, like heart disease, is when all these vegetable oils, hydrogenated and transfats were put in foods. Not to mention sugar and it's effect on the pancreas so diabetes results. Coconut oil about 93% saturated, turns into energy, bypassing the liver and you get medium chain triglycerides for energy and calories for workout!

Flames if you decide to get raw milk, you can make some whey out of it and get your amino acids for working out! I wouldn't worry too much about raw milk even if it gets sour. As for the bad bacteria and what not, it has caused so much illness in folks who do pasturized milk.
It's great you are doing your juicing, if you ever want to take a break from it, I would recommend the Master Cleanser. And for everyone in general.
I've personally so many good things about it. Perhaps because digestion takes up so much of our energy and when we don't have to use up so many enzymes for that then our body can take a rest and rejuvenate. And when our enzymes are used up we are pretty much toast!

* Two tablespoon of fresh squeezed organic lemon or lime juice
* Two tablespoon of grade b maple syrup
If you are an diabetic you can substitue the maple syrup with Agave Nectar and Molasses.
The Glycemic index for maple syrup is 54 and Agave has 27, Molasse has 70.
* a half teaspoon of ground pepper (red pepper/cayenne pepper)
* 10 oz of pure water (spring water)
http://www.homemadebodycleanse.com/master-cleanse/index.htm

seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 02 Aug 2011, 02:08

And just as important as what you put into your boy is what you do with it
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2021294/Sex-good-It-makes-fertile-help-live-longer.html
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  seraphim Sun 07 Aug 2011, 04:52

Yeah Flames I was thinking just of that yesterday. I've heard about changing frequencies, of course most likely done deliberately for who knows what, that can cause nauseousness, dizziness, fatigue and some new people in town talk of getting that. Some blame it on the altitude but that is not the whole picture.
Also the magnetic field is weakening, plus expecting comet Elenin soon.
Well I think that is very interesting. I couldn't tell for myself if anything happened to me because I'm working alot and also I took a blood cleanse which I had to stop because of too much work to do, that caused major fatigue. So I'm trying to get back on track. But now I'm wondering if that even caused the tiredness.
But those changing of frequencies I've been thinking about alot.

I wonder if you should be taking that 5-htp. Maybe not?
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sun 07 Aug 2011, 05:57

That makes perfect sense. From what I read on the internet they have been doing those things in WWI and since. And of course when technologies were at there height in advanced civilizations.

I was doing heavy duty plants like chaparral and poke root, so perhaps tuned me up and having me thinking and worrying about frequencies alot.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sun 07 Aug 2011, 08:19

I have similar sensitivities Flames.
Particularly fluorescent lighting.
At the office I rent, I removed all bulbs from the fixtures and use floor and desk lamps with incandescent bulbs.
Makes a huge difference on my energy levels.
If I take a class or seminar, one of the things I dread is knowing I will be sitting under uncomfortable lighting.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Fri 12 Aug 2011, 02:19

Here is my post from last week on saturated fats; essentially
saying meat is actually healthy because of the saturated fat
content.

Ignore the DSMV comment in my quote...

• The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders actually
    derives from military psychological research.

Saturated fats anyone; this is worth reading...

* Enjoy Saturated Fats, They're Good for You!

Here comes the Mail Online with an article saying even two
strips of bacon contributes to the onset of diabetes.

What in the fuck is going on?

This is British-based and am convinced articles like this are just
bullshit - there is no other way to describe it since austerity is
coming to a neighborhood near you; and that includes no meat
consumption for the middle classes.

Nothing coming out of Britain should be taken at face value - nothing!

tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:16

TG you are reminding me of my long discourses on the old forum regarding the vegetarians and mooters v.s. consuming animal foods.

None of these people would exist to argue against animal foods had their ancestors not eaten them.
The only thing that makes a vegetarian diet possible for those who do not live near the equator is international shipping and globalism.
Totally unnatural.

quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:28

Good point about vegetarians related to how globalism effects what
they eat.

This is getting completely out of control now; schizophrenic paranoids
as dietitians and pathological liars as 'health experts.'
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Fri 12 Aug 2011, 12:41

Truth is very little is known about how the body takes what you eat and transforms it into itself.
Considering that...why look for scientific evidences and validations.
Food is obvious. One just has to look plainly and naturally at it.
This is why Weston A. Price gets my respect.

Not too long ago they sent in a SWAT team into a natural foods market in California for selling raw milk products. The warrant specified to confiscate samples of the potentially offending materials and they emptied the whole store out of its supplies in everything for destruction.
Whatever happened with sending in a suit and tie local health inspector and receiving a cease and desist form?
Or, better yet, whatever happened to drinking clean raw milk?
I have been drinking it for five years now and love it. I never drank milk back home because it always had a strange smell to it, like it was slightly bad...even organic varieties.
I later found out that testing reveals that Florida milk has the highest count of pus contained in the milk. No wonder I didn't like it.
When my Muslim friends say they came to Norway and bought a container of "cooked" milk, as they call it, they would smell it (there way of knowing freshness) couldn't drink it and threw it away.
It is interesting how Somalians describe to me what they eat.
The healthfulness of a food is based upon how it makes them feel after they have eaten it and keeps the bowel movements regular and healthy.
Their food either comes from animals or the ground...not some cardboad box with a corporate label from some chain grocery store.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Fri 12 Aug 2011, 22:40

And just treat any news out of uk as part of the ongoing Pantomine Tg, as you already know Very Happy
But the daily mail has reported over the years that almost every type of food or drink that people consume can cause cancer , is bad for you, and often is even good for you , they take no responibility for their contradictions, they just report what their told to , or supplied with by some geek, they have little real journalistic quality left as do all the main papers in uk, their all just regurgitating shit that they get fed from "XPERTS" who are so far removed from true expertise that it beggars belief who adorned them with such title , well actually i have made one little slip of the mind here, because in fact , these people are as they say "XPERTS" but they are "XPERTS" in the ART of BULLSHIT and that aint no lie Mad Very Happy
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sun 14 Aug 2011, 19:19

Well, yes I can imagine things like that going down in the 1950's and even earlier...maybe not with body gear outfitted automatic weapon toting militarized police.
The AMA conducting witch hunts upon midwives doing home births, naturopaths, homeopaths, chiropractors and herbalists.
Just look at what they did to Wilhelm Reich.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Wed 07 Sep 2011, 23:05

The example of your dog just goes to show that any creature, will do whatever it takes to guarantee its survival. A domesticated dog is not that far from a domesticated human.
Nature exacts that...it doesn't negotiate with how we feel about it.
Technology and convenience has provided an artificial cushion from that stark reality.

I have done some serious bare-bones camping and survival excursions to test my theories on how one may live in the wild and then how that life would be lived along the spectrum towards adopting an agricultural lifestyle...and have done so in harsh winter conditions.
Vegetarians would simply...die. I was a vegetarian for two years and also ate very restricted animal food diet for five years when I was younger. I can tell you that modernity allowed me that choice. Living in nature without electricity and having to acquire your own food with a full change of seasons and no shopping mall...quickly informs you of the real necessity that animals as food and clothing provide. Having been in those extremes, I am of the opinion that it cannot be negotiated if you wish to live under nature's terms.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Fri 09 Sep 2011, 16:44

Yes. Then I would agree with you wholeheartedly.
Modernity has corrupted healthy practices and appetites to the point of where we are killing ourselves to eat.
Moderation dictated by nature was not a choice...and most people don't have the willpower to moderate their eating when faced with fifty flavors of their favorite frozen confectionary concoction.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next