DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Health Thread

+9
Blackbird
rainyday
SunoftheMourning
hrblsh
KapitanScarlet
Flames
quicksilvercrescendo
seraphim
tgII
13 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Health Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Health Thread

Post  seraphim Sun 17 Oct 2010, 09:52

Blackbird at least you got the food part down! Coconut oil is great huh.... Here is the supplement of the year.
Vitalzym
http://www.herbs2healyou.com/vitalzym.html
Some info I've been reading on....
Therapy with sodium bicarbonate solutions. The fundamental reason and the motives that suggest a therapy with sodium bicarbonate against tumours is that, although with the concurrence of a myriad of variable concausal factors – the development and the local and remote proliferation of these tumours has a cause that is exclusively fungin.
At the moment, against fungi there is no useful remedy other than, in my opinion, sodium bicarbonate. The anti-fungins that are currently on the market, in fact, do not have the ability to penetrate the masses (except perhaps early administrations of azoli or of amfotercin B delivered parenterally), since they are conceived to act only at a stratified level of epithelial type. They are therefore unable to affect myceliar aggregations set volumetrically and also masked by the connectival reaction that attempts to circumscribe them.
It's also good just to take baking soda to alkalinize the body.
http://www.curenaturalicancro.com/therapy-sodiumbicarbonate.html
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 01 Nov 2010, 07:33

Kapis and tgII thought you might like this.
I love her the way she moves her hands........

GONG-FU CHA TEA CEREMONY

seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  seraphim Thu 04 Nov 2010, 21:10

I gave my juicer away to someone who needed it more than me. But I plan on getting another one when the vegetables are in season.
LSD your damn right! Especially straight from the garden or farmers market.

As for kombucha you might be able to find it at a food co-op. I would be very careful and keep it refrigerated. I used to drink it all the time, if you like vinagery tastes you might like it.
One time I may have left a bottle out for too long and got food poisoning. But I'm only half sure it was the kombucha.
I've only got it twice in the past ten years luckily because when I get it, it is severe because the bacteria get to run it's course fully on me while I sleep because my body processes slow down alot so not even pathogens can wake me same for pain interestingly when I sleep, so when I do wake up it's a nightmare. So that means nothing comes out and the bacteria is so far in me, I just pass out cold turkey from the pain and then finally later on in the day everything gets out. Some of the funnest days in my life!
Laughing
Edit: I meant I'd love to serve tea that way in video above. I look forward to drinking hot tea in the winter!
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sputnik Fri 05 Nov 2010, 10:22

I finally got myself a juicer today.

Cool, I want one too. Smile

"look at the celery, where does it come from? The soil. The soil is the most important thing on earth. That is Mother Earth, giving us our gifts (he means the minerals). All life emanates from the soil"

Wow, the guy is great Shocked and right on the topic. Today we have a lot of problems with the soil because it is overused without letting it regenerate through resting periods, instead they throw tones of artificial fertilizers onto the fields. It's best to buy organic produce from a local producer in your area. Support the small fishes in the giant food industry.

It's also good to drink natural mineralwater. It has trace minerals like strontium (good for the bones) and many other essential minerals. Fruits/vegetables usually form "microcrystals" which they pick up from the earth. It depends on the quality of the soil.

Sputnik
Sputnik

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sat 06 Nov 2010, 00:02

Anyone here do the juice?
Yep...I confess...I am a juicehead.

I began juicing at age thirteen with the Champion masticating juicer.
Powerful motor. It was okay, but not great, with leafy greens (can be a bit "foamy") and some fruits. Bulky, heavy, ugly and a bit more work to clean and maintain. This one was excellent as a carrot exclusive juicer particularly if you had huge bags of big carrots to juice in a health food store juice bar or other commercial scenario. Mine never broke, but eventually had to replace the blade as it dulled after ten years. Pineapple fibers would clog it quickly and it needed to be constantly "cleared" to continue with large amounts of pineapples. This model also made nut butters which was a bit messy, but tasty.

Wanting more convenience in a juicer, I later acquired a premiere model Juice Man, or Jay Kordich Juicer (as spoofed and highlighted in the comedic "In Living Color" episode posted previously).
It was one of the best centrifugal models on the market considering its very low price...a good value.
This company has upgraded their product line, as my juicer was an older model, so I cannot attest to the newer models. But if you go with that brand then pay the money and get their premiere model for the strongest motor and longevity of the machine.
Mine had lasted ten years and I got rid of it because I moved to another country and the U.S. power supply was not compatible with the European.
But centrifugal blades do not juice everything as nicely as possible. In fact, no juicer does everything to perfection. Some models are good at certain times but may not do leafy greens well, likewise with wheatgrass or soft fruits. Which is why, not only did I have these two different juicers but a manual device specific for wheatgrass juice.

These two juicers, for the money were excellent in the masticating v.s. centrifugal categories.
It is debated that mastication is superior to centrifugal blades for extracting more and better quality juice, but a centrifugal may be easier to use in a lighter and prettier package. And sometimes this ease of use and convenience is enough to keep the juicer from being stored under the cabinet forever collecting cobwebs.

And for citrus juice, I either use a manual citrus juicer or an electric citrus juicer model for large quantities. These are very inexpensive and save time as one would have to peel them completely to get them in a vegetable juicer, whereas with a citrus juicer, you can just cut them in half and juice.

My current juicer is a masticator. The all stainless model is a work of art, but expensive.
There is an all plastic version, which I now own, that is much less expensive.
The Health Thread - Page 7 Angel_10
http://www.juiceland.co.uk/item--Easy-Health-Angel-Juicer--ANGELIA.html
http://www.juicersaustralia.com.au/angel-juicer.shtml
http://www.harvestessentials.com/suanlijuexmo.html
http://www.bestjuicers.co.uk/products/angel_juicer.htm

GreenStar makes a good masticator renowned for its wheatgrass capabilities.
http://www.amazon.com/Green-Star-GS-1000-Juice-Extractor/dp/B0000ZP3MA?SubscriptionId=0K76CZ6RCX2Y05HSNPR2&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0000ZP3MA&tag=sppwtb-20
http://www.harvestessentials.com/grstbytr.html?gclid=CNiRhuzotZMCFQ6a1QodPB2wDA

And for the serious juicehead...you can even go hydraulic...
http://www.nwjcal.com/

Some general reviews and information...
http://www.consumersearch.com/juicers

I am currently not up to date with other models, but some of these websites can lead you to comparison charts and articles to assist in making a sound choice.

The most important thing is that you will actually make the effort and do the work over the long-term rather than let the thing sit idle in the darkest corner of your kitchen cabinet.

quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sat 06 Nov 2010, 01:17

When juicing always try to acquire organic produce as an effort to reduce chemical exposure.
It is a healthier decision although not 100% guaranteed with any produce these days.

Organic is expensive, but organic produce can have 3-6 times more nutrition than something conventionally grown.
When you weigh this into the cost for one organic apple v.s. 3-6 conventionally grown apples to acquire the same amount of nutrients, then you may find the cost to be more acceptable or economical.
Some pretty evil shit is sprayed on most conventionally grown produce, not to mention GMO or the possibility of getting unlabeled GMOs (yummie...oyster genes in my tomato never tasted so good.)
With juice, including the peels, you are concentrating everything in your concoctions.

Some people like to soak their produce in a sink of water with a capfull of Clorox bleach or special vegetable wash to further cleanse and extract undesirable chemicals from their produce.
Organic produce can be grown with manure or natural fertilizers and this can lead to sickness if not properly washed, particularly in leafy greens and lettuces.

Juicing is eliminating very valuable fiber from their diet if you juice often and reduce your consumption of whole fruits and vegetables as a result. You still need to eat a regular amount of fruits in veggies in their whole state for this type of fiber, but use juice as an additional "concentrate" or "supplement" to an already healthy diet. So don't sacrifice your daily fiber intake at the expense of juicing. Good quality, non-rancid wheat or oat bran are quite good. Psyllium added to the drink is good, but the psyllium should be from a good non-toxic properly processed source. Chia seeds may also provide good bulk. There are two form of fiber, soluble and non-soluble...we need both.

I have come to value the juice of the "greens". Anything green is the premier "juice" in my opinion and I now juice to mostly acquire the greens. I only use carrot or some fruit to overcome the bitter taste of green juice to make its consumption more palatable. The vitamin A in carrot juice is healthy and needed, but is not the same vitamin A provided by animal foods, particularly organ meats. I don't drink carrot juice as my sole source of vitamin A or in large amounts thinking this is the only or premium source of my Vitamin A needs.
To my "green" drinks I do like to add spirulina algae, or a combination "greens" powder.
Spirulina makes any drink taste like utter...shit. No matter what you put in it to cover the taste.
I have learned to just drink it down. Others may need to exclude the powder from their drink and get the tablets of spirulina and swallow those with their drink to avoid its earthy taste.
I add a few other ingredients to my health potion and I do find that this truly does give me an "energy boost" particularly when my body is running at optimal from sound periodic internal cleansing and good amounts of exercise. With good circulation and physical health, I find that my body responds much more profoundly and noticeably to the good things I eat, as well as the bad things I eat. A candy bar makes me feel like shit, thus I don't even need to exercise will power to not eat it or anything else that does not provide vitality...and a resultant feeling of vitality. Good things make me feel noticeably "better" and I go on that internal feedback and wisdom to dictate my choices in what I consume.

Carrot and fruit juices will have some sugar. This is why most people not favorable to juicing tend to at least like carrot juice. Yes, you do get a load of nutrients with this sugar and this sugar is way more healthier than other types of sugar that most people consume. But it is sugar nonetheless and can spike insulin levels if consumed in excess or too often, especially because it has been separated from its natural fiber and is no longer "timed released" due to the fiber slowing down sugar absorption rates. So I use carrot as a means to drink my greens juices. And I dilute all fruit juices with 50% water. So a full glass of fruit drink is really only a half glass of pure juice. Better to space out fruit juice consumption throughout the day rather than blast yourself with a full glass of it at one time. I have adopted the practice that one glass of orange juice (diluted makes 2 daily drinks) and one other glass of grape or other fruit juice that has been diluted 50% is about all the fruit juice I want to consume in a day. Anything else is the whole fruit. Unless there is a specific ailment or health problem which I think may benefit by my drinking more or a certain variety of fruit juice (but I don't necessarily agree with this prescriptive approach as some juicing books or sources may claim). I believe the best thing is to be preventative in approach toward all of the "modern" chronic ailments of the Western diet.

And I don't care to mix more than three juices together at the same time, as anything beyond this or too exotic a mix tends to burp up all day. And there is nothing like the combination of carrot, asparagus, cucumber, beet, apple juice regurgitation to make your day and breath more pleasant.

In addition to a green drink, I like to supply extra healthy protein and fat without any fiber impeding its digestion and absorption with a dairy based concoction.

The base of this protein and fat drink is made of fresh, raw, organic whole milk from healthy cows (which I am lucky enough to be able to buy from a neighborhood farmer). Or a fermented version of this milk in the form of spontaneously soured milk, kefir, buttermilk or yogurt. Even more vitalizing is the WHEY portion of fermented milk. Enough cannot be said about whey. If milk is not a problem for you, whey may be the best form of protein in existence. There are some powders in existence, but many of them are not ideal because of their processing or other devitalizing practices. The Goatein brand is pretty decent for convenience sake.
What is interesting is that I was never able to drink commercial milk because it would make my face break out in acne or give me gas. I also found it had a "funny" smell and taste.
This does not happen and is not the case with the fresh raw milk that I now consume.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whey
To this dairy base I add some organic eggs (2 whole eggs and 2 additional yolks) from healthy chickens. Egg is probably the second best form of protein in existence.
Added to this base is some organic coconut fat. One can read the extensive benefits of this type of fat.
This base can then have several other healthy ingredients added for nutrition and/or taste.

As far as diet in addition to these two potions, I am currently investigating the paleolithic diet theories and practices. And those of the "raw foodists". Although any extremes in diet or dietary recommendations are best tempered to an 80% - 20% consideration. I would never go "all raw", unless cleansing short-term, but would not make it a long-term health practice or approach to reaching spiritual Nirvana. Healthy and traditional fermentation practices have also been eliminated in the Western diet do to refrigeration technology, chemical preservatives and the propagation of unhealthy commercial alternatives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_food
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermented_food
http://www.amazon.com/Nourishing-Traditions-Challenges-Politically-Dictocrats/dp/0967089735
http://www.westonaprice.org/

It is important to note how the "sensitives" in a population react to certain substances in the diet...as they can attest to the vitality, lack thereof or just the outright toxicity of these substances...
http://www.feingold.org/
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sat 06 Nov 2010, 01:33

[quote="quicksilvercrescendo"]When juicing always try to acquire organic produce as an effort to reduce chemical exposure.
It is a healthier decision although not 100% guaranteed with any produce these days.

Organic is expensive, but organic produce can have 3-6 times more nutrition than something conventionally grown.
When you weigh this into the cost for one organic apple v.s. 3-6 conventionally grown apples to acquire the same amount of nutrients, then you may find the cost to be more acceptable or economical.
Some pretty evil shit is sprayed on most conventionally grown produce, not to mention GMO or the possibility of getting unlabeled GMOs (yummie...oyster genes in my tomato never tasted so good.)
With juice, including the peels, you are concentrating everything in your concoctions.

Some people like to soak their produce in a sink of water with a capfull of Clorox bleach or special vegetable wash to further cleanse and extract undesirable chemicals from their produce.
Organic produce can be grown with manure or natural fertilizers and this can lead to sickness if not properly washed, particularly in leafy greens and lettuces.

Juicing is eliminating very valuable fiber from their diet if you juice often and reduce your consumption of whole fruits and vegetables as a result. You still need to eat a regular amount of fruits in veggies in their whole state for this type of fiber, but use juice as an additional "concentrate" or "supplement" to an already healthy diet. So don't sacrifice your daily fiber intake at the expense of juicing. Good quality, non-rancid wheat or oat bran are quite good. Psyllium added to the drink is good, but the psyllium should be from a good non-toxic properly processed source. Chia seeds may also provide good bulk. There are two form of fiber, soluble and non-soluble...we need both.

I have come to value the juice of the "greens". Anything green is the premier "juice" in my opinion and I now juice to mostly acquire the greens. I only use carrot or some fruit to overcome the bitter taste of green juice to make its consumption more palatable. The vitamin A in carrot juice is healthy and needed, but is not the same vitamin A provided by animal foods, particularly organ meats. I don't drink carrot juice as my sole source of vitamin A or in large amounts thinking this is the only or premium source of my Vitamin A needs.
To my "green" drinks I do like to add spirulina algae, or a combination "greens" powder.
Spirulina makes any drink taste like utter...shit. No matter what you put in it to cover the taste.
I have learned to just drink it down. Others may need to exclude the powder from their drink and get the tablets of spirulina and swallow those with their drink to avoid its earthy taste.
I add a few other ingredients to my health potion and I do find that this truly does give me an "energy boost" particularly when my body is running at optimal from sound periodic internal cleansing and good amounts of exercise. With good circulation and physical health, I find that my body responds much more profoundly and noticeably to the good things I eat, as well as the bad things I eat. A candy bar makes me feel like shit, thus I don't even need to exercise will power to not eat it or anything else that does not provide vitality...and a resultant feeling of vitality. Good things make me feel noticeably "better" and I go on that internal feedback and wisdom to dictate my choices in what I consume.

Carrot and fruit juices will have some sugar. This is why most people not favorable to juicing tend to at least like carrot juice. Yes, you do get a load of nutrients with this sugar and this sugar is way more healthier than other types of sugar that most people consume. But it is sugar nonetheless and can spike insulin levels if consumed in excess or too often, especially because it has been separated from its natural fiber and is no longer "timed released" due to the fiber slowing down sugar absorption rates. So I use carrot as a means to drink my greens juices. And I dilute all fruit juices with 50% water. So a full glass of fruit drink is really only a half glass of pure juice. Better to space out fruit juice consumption throughout the day rather than blast yourself with a full glass of it at one time. I have adopted the practice that one glass of orange juice (diluted makes 2 daily drinks) and one other glass of grape or other fruit juice that has been diluted 50% is about all the fruit juice I want to consume in a day. Anything else is the whole fruit. Unless there is a specific ailment or health problem which I think may benefit by my drinking more or a certain variety of fruit juice (but I don't necessarily agree with this prescriptive approach as some juicing books or sources may claim). I believe the best thing is to be preventative in approach toward all of the "modern" chronic ailments of the Western diet.

And I don't care to mix more than three juices together at the same time, as anything beyond this or too exotic a mix tends to burp up all day. And there is nothing like the combination of carrot, asparagus, cucumber, beet, apple juice regurgitation to make your day and breath more pleasant.

In addition to a green drink, I like to supply extra healthy protein and fat without any fiber impeding its digestion and absorption with a dairy based concoction.

The base of this protein and fat drink is made of fresh, raw, organic whole milk from healthy cows (which I am lucky enough to be able to buy from a neighborhood farmer). Or a fermented version of this milk in the form of spontaneously soured milk, kefir, buttermilk or yogurt. Even more vitalizing is the WHEY portion of fermented milk. Enough cannot be said about whey. If milk is not a problem for you, whey may be the best form of protein in existence. There are some powders in existence, but many of them are not ideal because of their processing or other devitalizing practices. The Goatein brand is pretty decent for convenience sake.
What is interesting is that I was never able to drink commercial milk because it would make my face break out in acne or give me gas. I also found it had a "funny" smell and taste.
This does not happen and is not the case with the fresh raw milk that I now consume.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whey
To this dairy base I add some organic eggs (2 whole eggs and 2 additional yolks) from healthy chickens. Egg is probably the second best form of protein in existence.
Added to this base is some organic coconut fat. One can read the extensive benefits of this type of fat.
This base can then have several other healthy ingredients added for nutrition and/or taste.

As far as diet in addition to these two potions, I am currently investigating the paleolithic diet theories and practices. And those of the "raw foodists". Although any extremes in diet or dietary recommendations are best tempered to an 80% - 20% consideration. I would never go "all raw", unless cleansing short-term, but would not make it a long-term health practice or approach to reaching spiritual Nirvana. Healthy and traditional fermentation practices have also been eliminated in the Western diet do to refrigeration technology, chemical preservatives and the propagation of unhealthy commercial alternatives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_food
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermented_food
http://www.amazon.com/Nourishing-Traditions-Challenges-Politically-Dictocrats/dp/0967089735
http://www.westonaprice.org/

It is important to note how the "sensitives" in a population react to certain substances in the diet as they can attest to the vitality, lack thereof or just the outright toxicity of those substances.
An excellent site and database for such researches...
http://www.feingold.org
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 06 Nov 2010, 11:17

One of the reasons i never tried a juicer yet, was because of the separation from the bulk , but then i was under the impression that these modern machines even juiced the bulk , so there is little residue left over

BUt then i see that it has to be considered that the juicer has shortcutted the digestion process of breakdown

But i am copying this previous posts as much more serious reasons on the benefits of juicing , cheers qsc
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Mon 08 Nov 2010, 00:20

but then i was under the impression that these modern machines even juiced the bulk , so there is little residue left over
A true juicing machine does a good job of separating the liquid from the pulp. So there is actually a lot of pulp leftover and hardly any left in the juice itself.

There are machines out there that "blend" the fruits or vegetables finely and thus the juice still contains the pulp. But I find that I don't like to drink vegetables with the pulp still in it. Would rather just eat the vegetable, or just drink liquid juice. But I do like citrus juice with the pulp still in it and I usually chew and eat on the seeds. It is good to chew and eat citrus seeds...although not tasty.

For me, the juice drink and the dairy base drink is a supplement to my diet. I have tried to shy away from vitamin and mineral supplements that are too isolated from their natural sources. Only in the case of a certain deficiency would I perhaps use a specific vitamin isolate. My current philosophy is to avoid substances that drain my vital reserves and supplement my good nutrient dense food choices with juicing and "superfoods".

Instead of using ascorbic acid supplements for vitamin C, I have been using Amalake and Acerola powders. As the co-factors and other health benefits are not present in an isolated supplement.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyllanthus_emblica

Here are some notes from my Superfoods file that I typed up a few weeks back. I would like to share it with the forum because I think health is our most valuable asset and to share information paramount to contributing toward the well-being of others. Thus I don't feel the need to monopolize or sell this information. You can find source to procure them at your local health food store or the internet.

My life has kept me from posting on forums, but I am back for now. Don't know how often I will be able to post as my wife is expecting our second child on Wednesday. She is already a week past due date...so any time now.

Superfoods – as those opposed to vitamins or supplements – are foods that naturally concentrate important nutrients. Unlike dietary supplements or vitamins taken in isolation, superfoods provide many nutrients that support each other and prevent the kind of imbalances that often occur when vitamins are taken singly.
If the diet is good, we should in theory, need nothing more to supplement our diet. That is if one is not being affected by stress, industrialized, devitalized and toxic foods and poor food choices and habits.

Chinese Herbs, Medicinal Herbs and Homeopathics
These are not superfoods, but more natural of the medicines. These are for when preventative measures are not sufficient and an imbalance or illness has manifested. I always recommend a consultation and treatment with a qualified Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner, Acupuncturist or someone fully skilled in "meridian therapy". Good diagnostics of the energy flow and balancing therapies will be very beneficial to the body. Along with this may include the recommendation for certain medicinal herbs to help restore balance to chi flow.
Herbal products for specific ailments are best used with a firm knowledge of their benefits and effects and are best taken under the supervision of a qualified holistic health practitioner.
Herbs should be considered the same as medical drugs and have potential side effects and considerations.

Glandular and Organ Extracts
Not so much a superfood are these extracts, but another natural medicinal. Dried tissue from the glands and organs of animals has been used successfully to treat the same gland or organ in human beings including thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, liver, thymus, spleen, kidney and eye tissue. Those who do not like the taste of fresh liver, particularly athletes and those with chronic fatigue, should consider taking dried liver capsules on a daily basis. Look for products that have been freeze dried rather than processed at high temperatures.
Glandulars are best taken under the supervision of a qualified health practitioner.
Second to these is the actual consumption of organ meats and certain glands in the diet. Liver, for food, is incredibly nutritious. In this regard as food, I would qualify them as superfoods because they are so nutrient dense. I try to eat organic calf or sheep liver mixed with sheep kidney about once a week. Twice a week if I am exercising a lot. Only a four to six ounce serving is needed.

Chinese Green and White Tea
These two teas, particularly the white have excellent health benefits. There does seem to be some concern that teas may contain amounts of aluminum. The plants seem to absorb pollution related aluminum from the environment. Green tea has small amounts of caffeine. I drink a good quality Chinese white tea with a little raw honey added daily.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_tea

Bee Pollen
Taken for strength and endurance. Used successfully to treat a variety of ailments including allergies, asthma, menstrual irregularities, constipation, diarrhea, anemia, low energy, cancer, rheumatism, arthritis and toxic conditions. A Russian study of the inhabitants of the province of Georgia, where many live to 100 to 150 years, revealed that a large portion of these centenarians were beekeepers who often ate raw, unprocessed honey with all its “impurities”, that is, with the pollen. Bee pollen contains 22 amino acids including the eight essential ones, 27 minerals and the full gamut of vitamins, hormones and fatty acids. Most importantly, bee pollen contains more than 5,000 enzymes and coenzymes. It is the presence of enzymes, many of which have immediate detoxifying effects, that sometimes provokes allergic reactions in those taking bee pollen for the first time. If this happens, start with very small amounts and slowly build up to a tablespoon or so a day. Some brands are more easily tolerated than others. Avoid pollen that has been dried at temperatures higher than 130 degrees. Bee pollen can be taken in powder, capsule or tablet form – or in raw unprocessed honey.
Other bee products of incredible benefit are raw honey, royal jelly and propolis (research these for their benefits). I put this in my dairy based shake as a vital ingredient.

Algae: Spirulina, Blue-Green, Chlorella
An excellent superfood and supplement to the diet. These grow on inland waters visible as greenish scum on still lakes and ponds. The Aztecs and Saharan Africans both ate of these algae. They are high in protein, carotenoids and minerals. They do not provide vitamin B12 in vegetarian diets as is sometimes claimed. Of these three types, Spirulina is said to be the easiest to digest and absorb, because its cell walls are composed of mucopolysaccharides rather than indigestible cellulose. Chlorella needs special processing to improve digestibility of a tough outer cell wall but is valued for its ability to bind with heavy metals and carry them out of the body. Wild blue-green algae is said to have remarkable healing properties but can transform into an exceptionally toxic plant under certain conditions. Freeze drying is said to denature these toxins. This stuff tastes like shit. If you can't handle it in a powder form mixed in a shake, then try tablets so you don't have to taste it.

Azomite Mineral Powder
A powdery mineral supplement, containing montmorillonite clay and many other compounds, that comes from an ancient seabed. A good source of silicon, calcium, magnesium and many trace minerals.
Clay also has detoxifying effects as negatively charged clay particles attract positively charged pathogens and take them out of the body. It is available in 2lb. containers. One heaping teaspoon mixed with water daily as an insurance of adequate macro- and micro- and trace- minerals in these days of soil depletion through intensive and unsound farming methods. It is also good as an anti-caking agent or as a soil amendment for the garden and compost pile and can be acquired in 40lb. bags for this purpose.
One should investigate just how important clay has been when ingested or applied to the body. I believe certain Native Americans practiced the ingestion of clay for health. Some clays once touted for their health benefits are later disregarded as was dolomite clay. Depending on where it came from it could be lead free or containing above acceptable levels of lead. Azomite doesn't seem to have this problem.

Herbal Bitters
Herbal extracts of bitter, mineral-rich herbs are a traditional tonic for stimulating the bile and increasing digestion and assimilation of fats. They often are the best remedy for calming a queasy stomach. Floradix brand or Swedish Bitters brand, originally formulated by Paracelsus, are two known brands. Bitters supply nutrients from bitter leaves that are often lacking in the Western diet. Many cultures including the Chinese and Hindu, value bitter herbs for their cleansing, strengthening and healing properties. This also goes into my dairy based drink.

Kelp-Sea Vegetables
Provides the minerals found in seawater, especially iodine and trace minerals that may be lacking in our depleted soils. For those unaccustomed to including seaweed in the diet, a small daily supplement of kelp in tablet or powdered form is a good idea, but don’t overdo – excess iodine may also cause thyroid problems. You want sea vegetables that are organic and have not been sprayed.

ConcenTrace Minerals
Another mineral supplement that can easily be added to drinking water.

Acerola Powder
A berry rich in ascorbic acid and vitamin C with numerous cofactors, including bioflavonoids and rutin, to optimize the body’s uptake and use of ascorbic acid. Vitamin C, the most important dietary antioxidant, was popularized by Linus Pauling who recommended taking pure ascorbic acid in amounts up to 15 grams a day for a variety of ailments. But large quantities of Vitamin C may be harmful to the kidneys and can lead to deficiencies in bioflavonoids. Small quantities of natural vitamin C occurring in whole foods can provide the same protection as large amounts of pure ascorbic acid.

Amalaki Powder
Another excellent and economical source of natural Vitamin C is the amalaki fruit which grows in India and is used in Ayurvedic Medicine. The powder is very sour. About ¼ teaspoon mixed with water is a good daily dose. It is a good treatment for allergies.

Butter, High-Vitamin and High-Vitamin Butter Oil
Deep yellow butter from cows feeding on rapidly growing green grass in the spring and fall supplies vitamins A, D and also the X factor, discovered by Weston Price. The high-vitamin oil is made by centrifying butter at a low temperature; the process concentrated the nutrients in the oil. Use high-vitamin butter or butter oil as a supplement to regular dietary butter, particularly during winter and early spring. A good organic butter will be quite nutritious in the diet.

Cod Liver Oil
Provides fat-soluble vitamins A and D, which is found ten times higher in traditional diets than modern diets. They are a must to be taken by women and men several months prior to conception, and for women during pregnancy and lactation. Growing children will also benefit greatly from a small daily dose. Cod liver oil is rich in eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). The body makes this fatty acid from Omega-3 linolenic acid as an important link in the chain of fatty acids that ultimately results in prostaglandins, localized tissue hormones. It is very important for the proper function of the brain and nervous system, and for visual acuity. Those individuals who have consumed large amounts of polyunsaturated oils, especially hydrogenated oils, or who have impaired pancreatic function, such as diabetics, may not be able to produce EPA and will therefore lack important prostaglandins unless they consume amounts of oily fish or take a cod liver oil supplement. Studies indicate that the unsaturated fatty acids in cod liver oil may be toxic in large amounts so don’t overdue – 2 teaspoons per day is a good rule for adults, 3 teaspoons for pregnant and nursing mothers and 1 teaspoon for babies and children. It’s easy to take when stirred into a small amount of fresh orange juice or water. (Use an eye dropper to give to infants.) Dr. Price always gave cod liver oil together with high-vitamin butter oil. He found that cod liver oil on its own was relatively ineffective but combined with high-vitamin butter or butter oil produced excellent results. You diet should include both of these.

Evening Primrose, Borage or Black Currant Oil
These oils contain a fatty acid called gamma-linolenic acid or GLA, which the body produces from omega-6 linoleic acid by the action of special enzymes. In many individuals the production or effectiveness of this enzyme is compromised, especially as they grow older. Malnutrition, consumption of hydrogenated oils and diabetes inhibit the conversion of omega-6 linoleic acid to GLA. GLA-rich oils have been used to treat cancer, premenstrual syndrome, breast disease, scleroderma, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome and cystic fibrosis. They have been shown to increase liver function and mental acuity.
Just look up "black currants" on wikipedia and prepared to be astonished by their health benefits. Fortunately, I have large amounts of these growing in my berry garden so I get a fresh supply and freeze for when they are out of season.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackcurrant

Flax Oil and Nutritive Oil Blend
The company Udos makes a good oil blend. Don't just rely on flax alone.

Whey, Cow or Goat
Make your own from fermented milk or get a quality powder that has been processed to retain its health benefits like Gotein.

Colostrum
The first milk of cows, colostrum is high in components that stimulate and protect the immune system and that aid healing in many ways. Colostrum was highly prized in traditional societies. Fresh or powdered can be used. Look for a product that has been taken from pasture-fed cows and processed at low temperatures and is non-defatted.

Wheat Germ Oil and Wheat Germ
Expeller-pressed wheat germ oil is an excellent source of vitamin E, which is our best natural protection for the cell membrane. The Shute brothers of Canada demonstrated that vitamin E supplements are an effective protection against heart disease. In their studies they used wheat germ oil, not synthetic vitamin E preparations.

Yeast, Nutritional
Dried nutritional yeast is an excellent natural source of B complex vitamins (except for B12) plus a variety of minerals, particularly chromium, so important for diabetics. Yeast does not contribute to candida as has been claimed – candida feeds on refined carbohydrates, not yeast. The late eminent physician Dr. Henry Bieler treated many cases of chronic fatigue with nutritional yeast supplements. Unfortunately, most commercial brands of nutritional yeast contain high levels of MSG – formed during high-temperature and chemical processing from the glutamic acid naturally present in the yeast. (Actually, high levels of natural glutamic acid naturally present in yeast make it an excellent superfood for alcoholism and sugar cravings.) Look for yeast that has been processed at low temperatures. It should be a light yellow color and dissolve easily.

Bio-Strath
A liquid fermented nutritional yeast product also containing herbals. A high end quality product.
Tastes like shit in liquid form, but I just down it and tolerate it. It also comes in tablets that may be easier to swallow without having to taste it.

Lecithin and Cholines
Pure brain food. Organic free range egg yolks in the dairy based shake is a good source. For a supplement source I like the granules from Lewis Labs mixed in some orange juice with breakfast.

There are, of course, many more superfoods out there. But an average budget can only afford to explore and consistently use so many products. The emphasis should be on good food and avoiding substance that tax your vital reserve of health. Next, comes highly absorbable nutrient dense foods and superfoods that have minimal devitalizing processing. Then one can consider isolates or substances that may be needed for deficiencies, ailment treatment or symptom abatement in a more medical or treatment context.

Many of the more natural sources of vitamins, minerals and nutrients may have levels less than isolated supplement varieties. But one may consider that a 80% absorption rate over a 50%, 20% or 0% absorption rate may be a considerable concern. Also, science if discovering that the co-factors contained in the whole food or superfoods are just as vital as an isolate in allowing the substance to work in the body. So if you want to consume 1000mg. of timed release buffered ascorbic acid daily for your vitamin C needs, just realize you may not get that same measurement with Acerola and Amalake powder. But if I had a serious cold and wanted to blast it with 3000-5000 grams a day for a few days of ascorbic acid isolate, I would have no problem with taking it for that reason instead of the more natural variety that is taken daily as a preventative and to supplement the vitamin C I should get from eating my broccoli.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brocoli

QSC - It was actually, after reading about your "citrus-ginger-aid electrolyte anti-oxidant "sports" drink tonic a la extraordinaire", that inspired me to get the juicer. I haven't quite tried your specific recipe yet, but I will once I pick up some ginger.
Glad to hear this. When I make this I can't stop drinking it throughout the day and may go through a whole gallon.
This drink, even though made up of acid citrus fruits, is one of the strongest natural alkalizers. Once citrus is worked upon by the stomach acid citrus juice becomes extremely alkaline.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Mon 08 Nov 2010, 00:33

but then i was under the impression that these modern machines even juiced the bulk , so there is little residue left over
A true juicing machine does a good job of separating the liquid from the pulp. So there is actually a lot of pulp leftover and hardly any left in the juice itself.

There are machines out there that "blend" the fruits or vegetables finely and thus the juice still contains the pulp. But I find that I don't like to drink vegetables with the pulp still in it. Would rather just eat the vegetable, or just drink liquid juice. But I do like citrus juice with the pulp still in it and I usually chew and eat on the seeds. It is good to chew and eat citrus seeds...although not tasty.

For me, the juice drink and the dairy base drink is a supplement to my diet. I have tried to shy away from vitamin and mineral supplements that are too isolated from their natural sources. Only in the case of a certain deficiency would I perhaps use a specific vitamin isolate. My current philosophy is to avoid substances that drain my vital reserves and supplement my good nutrient dense food choices with juicing and "superfoods".

Instead of using ascorbic acid supplements for vitamin C, I have been using Amalake and Acerola powders. As the co-factors and other health benefits are not present in an isolated supplement.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyllanthus_emblica

Here are some notes from my Superfoods file that I typed up a few weeks back. I would like to share it with the forum because I think health is our most valuable asset and to share information paramount to contributing toward the well-being of others. Thus I don't feel the need to monopolize or sell this information. You can find source to procure them at your local health food store or the internet.

My life has kept me from posting on forums, but I am back for now. Don't know how often I will be able to post as my wife is expecting our second child on Wednesday. She is already a week past due date...so any time now.

Superfoods – as those opposed to vitamins or supplements – are foods that naturally concentrate important nutrients. Unlike dietary supplements or vitamins taken in isolation, superfoods provide many nutrients that support each other and prevent the kind of imbalances that often occur when vitamins are taken singly.
If the diet is good, we should in theory, need nothing more to supplement our diet. That is if one is not being affected by stress, industrialized, devitalized and toxic foods and poor food choices and habits.

Chinese Herbs, Medicinal Herbs and Homeopathics
These are not superfoods, but more natural of the medicines. These are for when preventative measures are not sufficient and an imbalance or illness has manifested. I always recommend a consultation and treatment with a qualified Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner, Acupuncturist or someone fully skilled in "meridian therapy". Good diagnostics of the energy flow and balancing therapies will be very beneficial to the body. Along with this may include the recommendation for certain medicinal herbs to help restore balance to chi flow.
Herbal products for specific ailments are best used with a firm knowledge of their benefits and effects and are best taken under the supervision of a qualified holistic health practitioner.
Herbs should be considered the same as medical drugs and have potential side effects and considerations.

Glandular and Organ Extracts
Not so much a superfood are these extracts, but another natural medicinal. Dried tissue from the glands and organs of animals has been used successfully to treat the same gland or organ in human beings including thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, liver, thymus, spleen, kidney and eye tissue. Those who do not like the taste of fresh liver, particularly athletes and those with chronic fatigue, should consider taking dried liver capsules on a daily basis. Look for products that have been freeze dried rather than processed at high temperatures.
Glandulars are best taken under the supervision of a qualified health practitioner.
Second to these is the actual consumption of organ meats and certain glands in the diet. Liver, for food, is incredibly nutritious. In this regard as food, I would qualify them as superfoods because they are so nutrient dense. I try to eat organic calf or sheep liver mixed with sheep kidney about once a week. Twice a week if I am exercising a lot. Only a four to six ounce serving is needed.

Chinese Green and White Tea
These two teas, particularly the white have excellent health benefits. There does seem to be some concern that teas may contain amounts of fluoride. The plants seem to absorb pollution related fluoride from the environment. Green tea has small amounts of caffeine. I drink a good quality Chinese white tea with a little raw honey added daily.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_tea

Bee Pollen
Taken for strength and endurance. Used successfully to treat a variety of ailments including allergies, asthma, menstrual irregularities, constipation, diarrhea, anemia, low energy, cancer, rheumatism, arthritis and toxic conditions. A Russian study of the inhabitants of the province of Georgia, where many live to 100 to 150 years, revealed that a large portion of these centenarians were beekeepers who often ate raw, unprocessed honey with all its “impurities”, that is, with the pollen. Bee pollen contains 22 amino acids including the eight essential ones, 27 minerals and the full gamut of vitamins, hormones and fatty acids. Most importantly, bee pollen contains more than 5,000 enzymes and coenzymes. It is the presence of enzymes, many of which have immediate detoxifying effects, that sometimes provokes allergic reactions in those taking bee pollen for the first time. If this happens, start with very small amounts and slowly build up to a tablespoon or so a day. Some brands are more easily tolerated than others. Avoid pollen that has been dried at temperatures higher than 130 degrees. Bee pollen can be taken in powder, capsule or tablet form – or in raw unprocessed honey.
Other bee products of incredible benefit are raw honey, royal jelly and propolis (research these for their benefits). I put this in my dairy based shake as a vital ingredient.

Algae: Spirulina, Blue-Green, Chlorella
An excellent superfood and supplement to the diet. These grow on inland waters visible as greenish scum on still lakes and ponds. The Aztecs and Saharan Africans both ate of these algae. They are high in protein, carotenoids and minerals. They do not provide vitamin B12 in vegetarian diets as is sometimes claimed. Of these three types, Spirulina is said to be the easiest to digest and absorb, because its cell walls are composed of mucopolysaccharides rather than indigestible cellulose. Chlorella needs special processing to improve digestibility of a tough outer cell wall but is valued for its ability to bind with heavy metals and carry them out of the body. Wild blue-green algae is said to have remarkable healing properties but can transform into an exceptionally toxic plant under certain conditions. Freeze drying is said to denature these toxins. This stuff tastes like shit. If you can't handle it in a powder form mixed in a shake, then try tablets so you don't have to taste it.

Azomite Mineral Powder
A powdery mineral supplement, containing montmorillonite clay and many other compounds, that comes from an ancient seabed. A good source of silicon, calcium, magnesium and many trace minerals.
Clay also has detoxifying effects as negatively charged clay particles attract positively charged pathogens and take them out of the body. It is available in 2lb. containers. One heaping teaspoon mixed with water daily as an insurance of adequate macro- and micro- and trace- minerals in these days of soil depletion through intensive and unsound farming methods. It is also good as an anti-caking agent or as a soil amendment for the garden and compost pile and can be acquired in 40lb. bags for this purpose.
One should investigate just how important clay has been when ingested or applied to the body. I believe certain Native Americans practiced the ingestion of clay for health. Some clays once touted for their health benefits are later disregarded as was dolomite clay. Depending on where it came from it could be lead free or containing above acceptable levels of lead. Azomite doesn't seem to have this problem.

Herbal Bitters
Herbal extracts of bitter, mineral-rich herbs are a traditional tonic for stimulating the bile and increasing digestion and assimilation of fats. They often are the best remedy for calming a queasy stomach. Floradix brand or Swedish Bitters brand, originally formulated by Paracelsus, are two known brands. Bitters supply nutrients from bitter leaves that are often lacking in the Western diet. Many cultures including the Chinese and Hindu, value bitter herbs for their cleansing, strengthening and healing properties. This also goes into my dairy based drink.

Kelp-Sea Vegetables
Provides the minerals found in seawater, especially iodine and trace minerals that may be lacking in our depleted soils. For those unaccustomed to including seaweed in the diet, a small daily supplement of kelp in tablet or powdered form is a good idea, but don’t overdo – excess iodine may also cause thyroid problems. You want sea vegetables that are organic and have not been sprayed.

ConcenTrace Minerals
Another mineral supplement that can easily be added to drinking water.

Acerola Powder
A berry rich in ascorbic acid and vitamin C with numerous cofactors, including bioflavonoids and rutin, to optimize the body’s uptake and use of ascorbic acid. Vitamin C, the most important dietary antioxidant, was popularized by Linus Pauling who recommended taking pure ascorbic acid in amounts up to 15 grams a day for a variety of ailments. But large quantities of Vitamin C may be harmful to the kidneys and can lead to deficiencies in bioflavonoids. Small quantities of natural vitamin C occurring in whole foods can provide the same protection as large amounts of pure ascorbic acid.

Amalaki Powder
Another excellent and economical source of natural Vitamin C is the amalaki fruit which grows in India and is used in Ayurvedic Medicine. The powder is very sour. About ¼ teaspoon mixed with water is a good daily dose. It is a good treatment for allergies.

Butter, High-Vitamin and High-Vitamin Butter Oil
Deep yellow butter from cows feeding on rapidly growing green grass in the spring and fall supplies vitamins A, D and also the X factor, discovered by Weston Price. The high-vitamin oil is made by centrifying butter at a low temperature; the process concentrated the nutrients in the oil. Use high-vitamin butter or butter oil as a supplement to regular dietary butter, particularly during winter and early spring. A good organic butter will be quite nutritious in the diet.

Cod Liver Oil
Provides fat-soluble vitamins A and D, which is found ten times higher in traditional diets than modern diets. They are a must to be taken by women and men several months prior to conception, and for women during pregnancy and lactation. Growing children will also benefit greatly from a small daily dose. Cod liver oil is rich in eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). The body makes this fatty acid from Omega-3 linolenic acid as an important link in the chain of fatty acids that ultimately results in prostaglandins, localized tissue hormones. It is very important for the proper function of the brain and nervous system, and for visual acuity. Those individuals who have consumed large amounts of polyunsaturated oils, especially hydrogenated oils, or who have impaired pancreatic function, such as diabetics, may not be able to produce EPA and will therefore lack important prostaglandins unless they consume amounts of oily fish or take a cod liver oil supplement. Studies indicate that the unsaturated fatty acids in cod liver oil may be toxic in large amounts so don’t overdue – 2 teaspoons per day is a good rule for adults, 3 teaspoons for pregnant and nursing mothers and 1 teaspoon for babies and children. It’s easy to take when stirred into a small amount of fresh orange juice or water. (Use an eye dropper to give to infants.) Dr. Price always gave cod liver oil together with high-vitamin butter oil. He found that cod liver oil on its own was relatively ineffective but combined with high-vitamin butter or butter oil produced excellent results. You diet should include both of these.

Evening Primrose, Borage or Black Currant Oil
These oils contain a fatty acid called gamma-linolenic acid or GLA, which the body produces from omega-6 linoleic acid by the action of special enzymes. In many individuals the production or effectiveness of this enzyme is compromised, especially as they grow older. Malnutrition, consumption of hydrogenated oils and diabetes inhibit the conversion of omega-6 linoleic acid to GLA. GLA-rich oils have been used to treat cancer, premenstrual syndrome, breast disease, scleroderma, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome and cystic fibrosis. They have been shown to increase liver function and mental acuity.
Just look up "black currants" on wikipedia and prepared to be astonished by their health benefits. Fortunately, I have large amounts of these growing in my berry garden so I get a fresh supply and freeze for when they are out of season.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackcurrant

Flax Oil and Nutritive Oil Blend
The company Udos makes a good oil blend. Don't just rely on flax alone.

Whey, Cow or Goat
Make your own from fermented milk or get a quality powder that has been processed to retain its health benefits like Gotein.

Colostrum
The first milk of cows, colostrum is high in components that stimulate and protect the immune system and that aid healing in many ways. Colostrum was highly prized in traditional societies. Fresh or powdered can be used. Look for a product that has been taken from pasture-fed cows and processed at low temperatures and is non-defatted.

Wheat Germ Oil and Wheat Germ
Expeller-pressed wheat germ oil is an excellent source of vitamin E, which is our best natural protection for the cell membrane. The Shute brothers of Canada demonstrated that vitamin E supplements are an effective protection against heart disease. In their studies they used wheat germ oil, not synthetic vitamin E preparations.

Yeast, Nutritional
Dried nutritional yeast is an excellent natural source of B complex vitamins (except for B12) plus a variety of minerals, particularly chromium, so important for diabetics. Yeast does not contribute to candida as has been claimed – candida feeds on refined carbohydrates, not yeast. The late eminent physician Dr. Henry Bieler treated many cases of chronic fatigue with nutritional yeast supplements. Unfortunately, most commercial brands of nutritional yeast contain high levels of MSG – formed during high-temperature and chemical processing from the glutamic acid naturally present in the yeast. (Actually, high levels of natural glutamic acid naturally present in yeast make it an excellent superfood for alcoholism and sugar cravings.) Look for yeast that has been processed at low temperatures. It should be a light yellow color and dissolve easily.

Bio-Strath
A liquid fermented nutritional yeast product also containing herbals. A high end quality product.
Tastes like shit in liquid form, but I just down it and tolerate it. It also comes in tablets that may be easier to swallow without having to taste it.

Lecithin and Cholines
Pure brain food. Organic free range egg yolks in the dairy based shake is a good source. For a supplement source I like the granules from Lewis Labs mixed in some orange juice with breakfast.

There are, of course, many more superfoods out there. But an average budget can only afford to explore and consistently use so many products. The emphasis should be on good food and avoiding substance that tax your vital reserve of health. Next, comes highly absorbable nutrient dense foods and superfoods that have minimal devitalizing processing. Then one can consider isolates or substances that may be needed for deficiencies, ailment treatment or symptom abatement in a more medical or treatment context.

Many of the more natural sources of vitamins, minerals and nutrients may have levels less than isolated supplement varieties. But one may consider that a 80% absorption rate over a 50%, 20% or 0% absorption rate may be a considerable concern. Also, science if discovering that the co-factors contained in the whole food or superfoods are just as vital as an isolate in allowing the substance to work in the body. So if you want to consume 1000mg. of timed release buffered ascorbic acid daily for your vitamin C needs, just realize you may not get that same measurement with Acerola and Amalake powder. But if I had a serious cold and wanted to blast it with 3000-5000 grams a day for a few days of ascorbic acid isolate, I would have no problem with taking it for that reason instead of the more natural variety that is taken daily as a preventative and to supplement the vitamin C I should get from eating my broccoli.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brocoli

QSC - It was actually, after reading about your "citrus-ginger-aid electrolyte anti-oxidant "sports" drink tonic a la extraordinaire", that inspired me to get the juicer. I haven't quite tried your specific recipe yet, but I will once I pick up some ginger.
Glad to hear this. When I make this I can't stop drinking it throughout the day and may go through a whole gallon.
This drink, even though made up of acid citrus fruits, is one of the strongest natural alkalizers. Once citrus is worked upon by the stomach acid citrus juice becomes extremely alkaline.

My pregnant wife was getting low on iron during her pregnancy. She took the Floradix Herbal Bitters Multi with Iron for 20% of her iron needs and organic blackstrap molasses for the other eighty percent of her iron needs. Blackstrap molasses is basically all the nutrition that is stripped from the sugar cane when they make poisonous white sugar. This stuff is nutritious regarding certain minerals, but not tasty and still has less-refined sugar in it. So it may not be good for those with blood sugar balance problems or diabetes. It can be used as a sweetener in baked goods like one would use honey, rice or malt syrup.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstrap_molasses

Last edited by quicksilvercrescendo on Mon 08 Nov 2010, 08:43; edited 1 time in total
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Mon 08 Nov 2010, 00:55

Good Fortune with the Birth Qsc, excellent compilation . Smile
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Mon 08 Nov 2010, 08:42

Thank you so much for that.

Yes, and just one correction to those notes.

It is a consideration that green tea and other teas may have levels of fluoride in them, not aluminum as I previously posted. So change that notation.

Also important is the drinking of broth and soup made from bones and cartilages. Dr. Bieler's work in this area is most compelling. The boiling of fish carcasses with the heads on is considered a very healthy practice in Asia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_G._Bieler

quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 08 Nov 2010, 19:00

Quicksilvercrescendo, I thought you were busy being a new dad!
Thought I would mention a few things about inducing labor naturally because the doctors will want to do that eventually if your wife doesn't start labor. Perhaps the baby likes the blackstrap molasses too much!
If you don't want the doctors doing that, some remedies that have been around for thousands of years. One is blue cohosh. If you read about it on the internet you will find that two mothers were not using it correctly and had some problems. It's not wise to drink the tea because you don't know what dose you are getting, nor the tablets, especially for three weeks! like that mother had done. (then you get the scare stories that the blue cohosh is tainted with cocaine!, just may be the job of the FDA, and tainted by them if it's even true, they like doing those kind of things. So it's good to go local or from trusted source.)Blue cohosh should work within 24 hours if not, don't continue it if it doesn't do the job, because medicinal herbs are drugs and people should know that and just as effective if not more than big pharma. But they are safe drugs unlike the pharmaceuticals and the drugs the doctors give you.
I have given a few expecting, late mothers blue cohosh tincture with the dose on it. And it always worked and had great results. There is also the homeopathic blue cohosh, Caulophyllum.
Another wives tale is to walk alot if that's possible.
Good luck with everything!

seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 08 Nov 2010, 19:21

It's real sad to hear about you crying in your car Flames. I wonder what could be causing S.A.D. I've been reading on the internet how the magnetic field is deteriorating and will be depleted within 50 years. And how that is now affecting people's brains so of course behavior. There are a few studies about the earth's axis moving and how it changes the conscious. Also the solar flares will get worse and that also affects a person mentally. (Which seem to control S.A.D.) So many emotional things escalating,I'm beginning to suspect.

Besides all of that, goodness, that is alot of fish oil to be taking everyday, I would be careful. Then if you do take it, make sure it has EPA listed on it, which is supposed to work on depression (why native islanders seem to have a happy disposition). You can take EPA by itself or take more of that than the DHA, those are the fatty acids in the fish oil.
Also I would recommend a detox of some kind, I'm sure the juicing does that a little. But you never know and believe it or not, one thing that causes depression are toxins, and some may be hidden in the environment you don't know about. The preservatives and additive chemicals put in the food nowadays is a source of major depression and alot of teenagers get that kind. And why they are put on prozac. So it's good to flush out and if you feel better, then you know that the toxins may have been a source of the depression. I've heard that Mary Jane if stopped, does a loop on the horomones and may cause depression as a side effect too.

Other things like diseases or parasites also cause depression.

And who knows since yours is seasonal, maybe yours goes deeper and it is a past life traumatic event that happened during a certain time. Wonder if hynosis would be good for that.
Good luck, have fun with your painting!
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sputnik Tue 09 Nov 2010, 01:54

Hey Flame, have you seen this video yet? I think it's a great perspective.

Sputnik
Sputnik

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Wed 10 Nov 2010, 09:34

Yeah Flames and it seems things are changing. Like the cycles and the aeons, but I hope this isn't a forced change.

I was talking about depression caused from what's going on outside, but then there is the other depression caused by not acknowledging the shadow. And also knowing inside that something is not quite right, something is missing. It goes really deep to the roots, like your soul is depressed.
So not all depression is negative, if it's something inside of you trying to tell you something.

I don't think you are one of those addictive personalities that goes from pot to hard core drugs, which is mostly the case nowadays.
I think it's great you realize your situation and can handle it without losing yourself. And you can.
I mentioned pot because..............doing pot for depression is a temporary fix, and is not wise to do at all if one is doing them to mask one's own true dark shadow. But things have got so bad these days people resort to real dangerous drugs like meth and pills. Especially the youth. And then with most drugs like that including those natural like pot, you get withdrawal effects and depression being one of them.

IMO I don't see any problem smoking it as long as one doesn't become addicted or doing it to hide behind. I think that earth spirit plant is great for stress. And because of that it's in high demand, so the government can make so much money off of it by keeping it illegal.
The major problem of making it legal is that people will abuse it and become almost dysfunctional in life, and most importantly they won't get in touch with their shadow, which is a great teacher. They would be stuck in a hell they have no clue they are in. And no way to evolve.
I've smoked pot on two occassions in my life. And it makes me feel pretty good and happy, so I can at least understand why folks want to smoke it. I wouldn't mind smoking for some major stress relief. But stresses happen more and more these days and I don't want to smoke it all the time. And probably why I don't smoke it at all.
So as for the plant being so bad, in reality there has never been anything wrong with these plants inherit or otherwise, it's the person that has the problem with themselves and with it.
As for something alternative, I've found meditation.

Ever thought of activating the kundalini? As for art and so much more, getting rid of stress, healing, it's the kundalini that will make you that way I hear, forget pot. You will be so much more artistic, inventive and creative than you can imagine and blissful. That's one good thing about it, but of course it has it's other side.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Wed 17 Nov 2010, 23:56

Flames, was going to mention something about the B vitamins. Wonder if you are depleted in one of them. You got some blood work done? Usually if a person is depressed that could mean they are low in the B's.
Also, this sounds real crazy. But I was watching a show about dogs and they talked about oxytocin. And how it is released everytime a person pets their dog in both the dog and person! I was wondering why I was so attached to my dog, it's all because of a natural love drug!! I love everything about my dog.
But it's not really my own feelings and I wouldn't have them if it wasn't for oxytocin. Is that bizarre or what!
My gosh is there anything real in me!

I feel that the Gods felt sorry for humans, being engineered as slaves supposedly and let them have a little something to make them feel good inside and live a little bit longer from such a hard life, because oxytocin reduces stress.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next