DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quotes worth Quoting

+7
SunoftheMourning
highnoon
quicksilvercrescendo
seraphim
KapitanScarlet
tgII
Flames
11 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Quotes worth Quoting - Page 5 Empty Re: Quotes worth Quoting

Post  seraphim Wed 08 Dec 2010, 09:44

That was really good kapis.
But me........an abnormal sheeple that has nothing and nothing to hold onto but humor sometimes.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sputnik Wed 08 Dec 2010, 10:23

Sputnik
Sputnik

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 11 Dec 2010, 12:44

Secrecy is a Necessity of Human Nature - that is the dilemna that needs to ne properly philosophised and then integrated into the functioning of an opening human society

Moi
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 12 Dec 2010, 21:31

ay good one blackbird , but when ole sat leads a horse to water, that orse is well-ailing and sat already knows they are at the mercy of that thirst and they most likely will drink, ole sats the craftiest of all the angelos What a Face he just needs it to be their free choice to jump into the abyss, thats the deal with the lover.....god, sats already prepared them for that moment over a long spell

just talking metaphorically off course Laughing
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sat 18 Dec 2010, 06:46

"Each of us strives to become whole and complete. Whether from heartache, trauma, or just the haste of our daily lives,
we have become fragmented. We experience a chasm between our humanity and our divinity,
as though our lower self and higher self were divided into two separate pieces. The Sanskrit word,
sutra, means thread or suture. It is the 'Strand of Eternity' that sews our two selves back together and reawakens
us tothat which we already are."
"Let your eyes see the objects of this world. Let your ears hear the sounds of this world. While seeing
and hearing, become aware of your body. Even while talking, walking, sitting, seeing, hearing-
witness the movement of your body. Witness what your mind is feeling. Notice your judgements
about your feelings. Mind and thoughts rush like a thick storm. But you are not that thought. You
are not that fear. You are tha vast space. Thought and fear live within you. You are that sakshi, the
witnessing awareness."
"Within the dearm of this world, there is always the possibility of awakening. In the drama
of the dream, you are the actor, the director, the producer. In the dream you are many characters,
but when you wake up, the many merge back into one. The same is true with your spiritual awakening.
Each person creates his own drama. You create your own universe out of desire. To identify yourself with
the objects of your experience is the beginning of umad-psychosis. Objects come and go. Experiences come and go.
There is no permanence to them."
Dr. Vasant Lad
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 20 Dec 2010, 06:07

The greatest decision you will ever make is whether you live in a peaceful universe or a hostile universe.”
If I was in the right place, meaning soul, mind and body wise, I would choose neither, being in either state for too long can be a detriment. Quick comment though....
I believe that whenever a person is confronted with something that conflicts deep down inside of them, with their expectations, what another person said or how they said it, faith, hostility, even peacefulness, that is a sign to take a closer look. See what the shadow has to say.
Find out why it is upsetting, learn from it, so that it won't cause an obstruction and then one can handle and cope with any situation they are in and not even flinch.

Nothing happens when things are too peaceful.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 23 Jan 2011, 03:08

Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them.

Aristotle
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Thu 07 Apr 2011, 02:29

"The more and more I began to think about those words, the more I relate to them." --Flames
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Thu 07 Apr 2011, 23:31

The nature of thinking about the self , its origins , its unknowns and knowns and especially its relating to others can often lead to a syndrome of either alienation or controlfreak , each of which tends to isolate the self
But relating with others in a positive and stimulating manner is an absolute vital ingredient of what gives life enough meaning to keep living it... ive found Very Happy so compromises have to be made in balance with what does not offend ones principles etc

its really very complicated thinking about relating with people, if i think about it, i guess thats why most people dont confess to think too much about it, but i wonder if its even a choice, it seems to come so naturally
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Mon 09 May 2011, 12:12

Ok so i personally extracted this golden insightful encapsulation of a present time social psychological paradox from a mein friend source linked mine ( Razz but its an excellent observation, and as eric fromm suggests, its the clearest expression of the fundamental differences in "Having" or "Being" as "Two opposing principles" ..............off course there may always be a few exceptions of individuals to this epidemic

The Less you are, the less you express your life , the more you have and the greater is your alienated life.
Everything, the economist takes from you in the way of life and humanity , he restores to you in forms of money and wealth.

Karl Marxxx

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Mon 16 May 2011, 11:13

Since "Truth" was being spoken off recently, just extracted this quote from the spirit section wich is from emersons intellect , quite poignant and timeless

God offers to every mind its choice between truth and repose. Take which you please, -- you can never have both. Between these, as a pendulum, man oscillates. He in whom the love of repose predominates will accept the first creed, the first philosophy, the first political party he meets, -- most likely his father's. He gets rest, commodity, and reputation; but he shuts the door of truth. He in whom the love of truth predominates will keep himself aloof from all moorings, and afloat. He will abstain from dogmatism, and recognize all the opposite negations, between which, as walls, his being is swung. He submits to the inconvenience of suspense and imperfect opinion, but he is a candidate for truth, as the other is not, and respects the highest law of his being.

The circle of the green earth he must measure with his shoes, to find the man who can yield him truth. He shall then know that there is somewhat more blessed and great in hearing than in speaking. Happy is the hearing man; unhappy the speaking man. As long as I hear truth, I am bathed by a beautiful element, and am not conscious of any limits to my nature. The suggestions are thousandfold that I hear and see. The waters of the great deep have ingress and egress to the soul. But if I speak, I define, I confine, and am less. When Socrates speaks, Lysis and Menexenus are afflicted by no shame that they do not speak. They also are good. He likewise defers to them, loves them, whilst he speaks. Because a true and natural man contains and is the same truth which an eloquent man articulates: but in the eloquent man, because he can articulate it, it seems something the less to reside, and he turns to these silent beautiful with the more inclination and respect. The ancient sentence said, Let us be silent, for so are the gods. Silence is a solvent that destroys personality, and gives us leave to be great and universal. Every man's progress is through a succession of teachers, each of whom seems at the time to have a superlative influence, but it at last gives place to a new. Frankly let him accept it all. Jesus says, Leave father, mother, house and lands, and follow me. Who leaves all, receives more. This is as true intellectually as morally. Each new mind we approach seems to require an abdication of all our past and present possessions. A new doctrine seems, at first, a subversion of all our opinions, tastes, and manner of living. Such has Swedenborg, such has Kant, such has Coleridge, such has Hegel or his interpreter Cousin, seemed to many young men in this country. Take thankfully and heartily all they can give. Exhaust them, wrestle with them, let them not go until their blessing be won, and, after a short season, the dismay will be overpast, the excess of influence withdrawn, and they will be no longer an alarming meteor, but one more bright star shining serenely in your heaven, and blending its light with all your day.
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sat 28 May 2011, 09:14

Could it be said that the whole reason for religion was for the mind's attempt to make sense out of physical death?
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Sat 28 May 2011, 10:43

Almost certain of that, man must do terrified of mortality.
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Mon 30 May 2011, 01:07

I wonder what is the most attractive belief , that all this life is just pure biological chance, or that it is governed by some non-physical judging, rewarding, punishing powers
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Mon 30 May 2011, 01:23

Don't know Kapis, don't even want to think about this anymore;
other than the fact that humanity has some serious fucking karma
payback coming.
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 30 May 2011, 07:36

That got my attention Flames, who said that meditation is the practice of death?
And yeah quicksilvercrescendo I certainly believe that is one of the reasons for a religion to start.

Karmic payback?
How can someone be made so sick of their own self, is a person an experiment gone bad? I feel there is so much more missing in folks.
I guess there has to be some kind of starting over.
Are we an animal with some kind of thinking device/aka the mind put in us? I wonder where we are in the scheme of things.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum