DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News in General

+10
Blackbird
nickor
quicksilvercrescendo
SunoftheMourning
hrblsh
rainyday
seraphim
Flames
KapitanScarlet
tgII
14 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

News in General - Page 36 Empty Re: News in General

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Tue 22 Mar 2011, 00:32

Speaking of race war...kick back...relax...and allow yourself four hours to listen to this guy do his job and rile up the crowds...with the implant of the white devils. These people are armed to the teeth just like white militia.

Great speaker he is...(and so was Hitler).
He is impressive, but not to be trusted. But do grab the nuggets of obvious truth upon which he elaborates...and be wary of the lies.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Tue 22 Mar 2011, 01:48

Thanks, Guys, and good afternoon from Tokyo - 180 miles south of chaos. In a rush because power is going down for four hours starting in about three hours - report coming, the best I can tell anyway...

...it will begin with: western media news sources are out of control and completely dysfunctional; no need to expain this though right? You guys understand this...

...more coming shortly and many gomenasai and head bowing on the grammar and English...
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Tue 22 Mar 2011, 02:23

...alright, just returned home and have some time here before I head out to pick up some needed groceries and water supplies, so I can compose something coherent...actually, I recalculated my distance: it's 180 miles south of chaos. Friend has been forwarding some good intel on radiation and TEPCO (Tokyo Electric Power Company) covering up all kinds of corruption related to their nuclear plants in his insanely long emails. My mind shuts down about half way through his emails so I don't know what's worse, his emails or 500 miliseivers of radiation delivered direct down wind? Am I the only one working? Where in the hell do people get all this time to pound out these long emails?

...apologies if some of this is repeat, but I have been saving this; plan on writing a best selling book about events unfolding here and become supremely rich, smug, powerful, arrogant and a real prick - much like the western media is...

...as of 21:00GMT Sunday March 20 Tokyo: reactors have been contained and the Japanese people have concluded the western media are insanely out of control...somebody go shoot the bastards...

...my impression of the western media is that it is run by psychopaths at the controls of 'disaster economics' where the equation is sort of like saying: if there isn't fear and blood in the streets nobody makes any money - and they don't. Such is the sad state of affairs. Western media sources and most internet alternative news sites - see above post on Infowars - in their completely dysfunctional condition are scaring the shit of the Japanese, and half the foreign community has either left Japan or they are thinking of leaving - good bye, chicken shits. And don't expect your 'jobs' back if you return after bailing out on the Japanese. It is just senseless fear mongering and inexplicable ignorance concerning these reactors.

Here's one example: 1,500 residence living in eastern Japan in the four prefectures most effected have been evacuated because there simply is no room for them in shelters that have been hastily set up. The western media reports: 'Mass exodus into Tokyo.' The editor of that new office deserves to be shoved out the fifth floor window of his office. Here's another example: Milk and some produce has been detected as being radioactively contaminated in a random Japanese government analysis and the western media reports this as being 'full blown contamination detected in milk and produce.' Can somebody please explain to these idiots you can't get radiation into cows through milk production in less than five days?!

The Japanese government to demonstrate to the Japanese population at large, and to reassure their population they won't be glowing in the dark at night, sent out teams which yes, detected radiation, but what they are doing is 'meeting standards'; in other words, they are letting the Japanese know they are out 'testing' to protect them which is what they have been doing ever since these plants were built...you would have to drink five gallons of that milk everyday for the next year before you would even have trace amounts of radiation...and it's actually time/duration of miliseivers, not necessarily quantity unless you're chewing on a plutonium rod for a snack...

...death toll is approaching 21,000 and very tragic the suffering that is going on...more coming if anyone is interested in knowing because I will bet you anything that in the coming weeks the whore dysfunctional media in America will have forgotten all about it...

‎...priority is on clean water and sheltering people adequately; because as time goes on the stress of thousands of people in shelters is going to take its toll...big priority now is preventing flu outbreaks in the shelters as well as staying warm. Transportation of gasoline is severely hampered. Huge effort on the part of Japanese people funneling supplies and money but logistics on this is simply not yet organized...many are receiving things they simply don't need...supplies re trickling in slowly...once Sendai Airport is operational flights will be shuttling in daily...efforts are greatly appreciated by the Japanese people...dead and missing exceeds 21,000 and slowly climbing...

Here's the best one from western media sources: 'It has been reported that the explosion scattered plutonium rods around the nuclear plant.' Nothing is being confirmed and people are taking this news at face value. I viewed video footage western shitheads don't have access to taken from a CH47 helicopter that dropped water on reactor #3. Didn't see any scattered rods down there! (Gee, that wouldn't be Infowars reporting this would it? I mean, what the hell for? American news sources are like a dangerous rabid dog; somebody needs to go over to CNN and FOX and pull the plug on them...but do you know what is worse, these same news corporations have pension funds and investments heavily invested in the outcome of what it is they are reporting as news?!

...just a thought considering recent events: would anybody mind if I ranted at this point? Hope not because here goes: WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FUCKING STUPID?!

...big time Internet journalist was in touch feeding him constant reports as to the actual status here in Tokyo and in Fukushima where the reactors are...Reuters reported 185,000 were evacuated, I said bullshit and confirmed the number between 70,000-80,000 in three prefectures...lesson of the story is that if you get your 'news' from Reuters it only means one thing: you don't have a clue what's going on in the world...this would be a redundant statement with FOX, CNN and MSNBC...see how powerful the internet can be? Provided it is used responsibly...

...one of my posts: Tokyo, Japan 19:00GMT March 21 Sunday - Operation 'Tomodachi' C130 refueling aircraft are refueling helicopters in flight in a constant logistical humanitarian airlift of supplies into eastern Japan. Thank you for the humanitarian side of America's military for assisting the Japanese. Great images of the airlift at their site: http://www.yokota.af.mil/

...and on the other side of the word in north Africa, these same military forces are lobbing bombs on Libyans and doing what they do best: The excuse for killing people is to stop people killing people...

...okay, on to the personal stuff, or should I just continue bitching about the media? As you can imagine, I am really, really tired and having to commute by train is a slow form of going nuts until one day you wake up and you realize you really have gone completely insane spending so much time commuting. Now you can appreciate all the more that when these trains stopped running it paralyzed Tokyo. Nobody moves - period. Gasoline is still being rationed at 20 liters per tank and lines for gasoline at stations take up to two to three hours by the time you get to the pump. So I figured at one station down the street from where I live, with nearly 1,000 cars lined up, that would be 500 liters of petrol burned up basing this wasted burn off at 500ml per car (1,000ml is one liter - for the non-metric thinking west) by the time each car makes it to the pump. And that's just at one station and there are thousands in Japan! So I proposed to some of my friends that we push each car into the gas stationed provided the driver siphons off into my plastic container 500ml of gas for my work. At the end of the day, I figure I would have roughly 500 liters of gasoline which would be enough to zoom around in my little four wheel drive Suzuki for the next six months. What does this mean for me? I stopped driving cause I sure the hell don't plan on waiting for petrol.

...food doesn't seem to be a problem but transportation has been severely curtailed because of reduced transportation for lack fuel. Prices are starting to climb for most things, e.g., vegetables, fruit, fish, meat and a few other things...television is still on and we have rolling blackouts every day four hours a day at different times. Interestingly enough, had twelve boxes of half burned candles which is an ample supply for power outages at night for the next month or so...

...things are staring to stabilize as I thought they would...it's just that when this earthquake hit it really stunned us...after the initial adrenaline rush after the first day or two I was exhausted...I will never for that day and even have the ticket I bought at the station I got on the train at: 23-3-11 12:56...earthquake hit at exactly 14:48 Friday March 11, 2011...the biggest earthquake in Japan's history...recorded anyway...

...alright, don't know what else to get out...I have two weddings tomorrow and these people cease to amazing me...the wedding I had today was really special...not many foreigners ever have the opportunity to become this intimate with Japanese...

...oh, one more thing, some of us have concluded something is up geo-politically with the Anglo-Nazis in the west and the Japanese elite; and are watching it very closely related to banking and finance...it does not bode well but I suppose most are vaguely familiar with this aspect of events/news...reason I mention this because when something happens politically it comes down to the little guy on the street here very quickly with no insulation to protect them from the machinations of pwerful interests...

...okay, I'm off to see the wizard and glowing in Tokyo at a reduced miliseiver level of 42...reactors are secured as we knew they would be and things are resuming back to a little less than normal with a very big earthquake coming to Tokyo...*gulp*

...tired and going shopping...

...one more thing concerning the reactors and radiation poisoning: too much to know what exactly is transpiring...the list is a long and admirable one: HAARP, nuclear detonation, sabotage, electronic pulsed beams, super heated water under the ocean, aliens, geezuz, I am numb...

...here's one for the thinking and sentient: in 1996 roughly 800,000 Tuttis tribe members were slaughtered in Rwanda when essentially the UN's whore, Canada, allowed these people to get butchered (racism sucks) and there was little to no help or assistance after the blood dried on the soil there. Now, 21,000 deaths and approximately 370,000 misplaced Japanese in the after math of this earthquake and resulting tsunami wave and there is massive world wide mobilization to assist them. I don't understand...maybe the Japanese have more money, influence and better diplomats....
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Wed 23 Mar 2011, 01:13

...my impression of the western media is that it is run by psychopaths at the controls of 'disaster economics' where the equation is sort of like saying: if there isn't fear and blood in the streets nobody makes any money - and they don't. Such is the sad state of affairs. Western media sources and most internet alternative news sites

Oh yeah i sure agree, im currently paralysed from the political bullspin regarding libya round this way Very Happy but looking good TG on the atomic front , very glad of that , who knows , maybe just a little radiation increase is good for the soul

Reference - the so called ring of fire , surely all the historical and modern atomic testing down that way has had some influence in destabilisation of natures structure

Excellent quote by Geko Quicksilver and please put me on your pm list for financial whispers in future Cool
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Wed 23 Mar 2011, 09:25

...here's one for the thinking and sentient: in 1996 roughly 800,000 Tuttis tribe members were slaughtered in Rwanda when essentially the UN's whore, Canada, allowed these people to get butchered (racism sucks) and there was little to no help or assistance after the blood dried on the soil there. Now, 21,000 deaths and approximately 370,000 misplaced Japanese in the after math of this earthquake and resulting tsunami wave and there is massive world wide mobilization to assist them. I don't understand...maybe the Japanese have more money, influence and better diplomats.... .
The other resource that guarantees attention is OIL, when the ownership of its extraction comes under danger

No "international Law" interupting goings on in Yemen, Bahrain and a list of other countries , the inconsistencys and hypocrisy and downright doubletalk is suffocating

In the Uk news, they keep emphasising ...human rights, coalition united nations , international law....we are acting within international law

But not one public voice of sanity points out that blair and bush previously Broke international law to start a war that still rages to this day , not to mention the fact that the british government were hugging and lapsippin out of gadaffis jar only a couple of years ago and there has been no mention or even public questioning of that situation

About 500 plus of the british politicians almost 100% majority voted to back the current actions in libya , thats the kind of puppets on strings in broad daylight we have here

where the hell is george galloway , probably not given a public broadcast on national tv, at least hes got the marbles to publically point out the inconsistencies in the puppets moves , but bottom line is, nobody really gives a damn , not so much to think about doing something about these political despots but even to "think" about this absolute farcical non-reasoning that is broadcast 24/7 , thats the real kicker up the asshole , just the ability to critically thinking about it has been transcended by the 24/7 saturation.

Soma comes to mind

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Thu 24 Mar 2011, 20:26

Hang tough Timothy.

Recent report on prison planet cites "Chernobyl-style-yellow-rain" as an indicator of radiation coming down from sky with rain. Japanese government claims it is pollen, but prison planet knows better.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Fri 25 Mar 2011, 01:40

If you could identify, seal and contain the AJ source of hyperactive expression , they could package it and sell it too the japs , better gear than the mk1 reactors for sure Very Happy
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Fri 25 Mar 2011, 03:02

Hang tough Timothy.

Recent report on prison planet cites "Chernobyl-style-yellow-rain" as an indicator of radiation coming down from sky with rain. Japanese government claims it is pollen, but prison planet knows better.

Yeah, thanks; think will make it out in one non-radiated piece.

The other day I sent an email out and asked if somebody wouldn't mind taking a trip to Texas to punch that silly bastard.

Prison Planet is Infowars - anyone who gets their news from this source is clinically brain dead. Air is saturated w/pollen from the 'sugi' (Japan ceder) tree this time of year. How do I know? Look out my fifth floor window at the barely visible mountains off in the distance: the view is partially blocked and hazy brown from pollen saturated air.

...more coming, and the hay fever (kafunshyo) is just awful here....
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Mon 28 Mar 2011, 03:45

U.S. Labor Participation Rate...

...the next phase in the fall of America is joblessness on a massive scale...it was this stage in the manipulation that caused me to have to leave its shores. Otherwise, I would have stayed and prospered from the downturn in real estate and property.

News in General - Page 36 720px-10

Last edited by quicksilvercrescendo on Mon 28 Mar 2011, 03:53; edited 1 time in total
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Mon 28 Mar 2011, 03:50

As of 2005, there were approximately 146,000 (0.1%) households with incomes exceeding $1,500,000, while the top 0.01% or 11,000 households had incomes exceeding $5,500,000. The 400 highest tax payers in the nation had gross annual household incomes exceeding $87,000,000. Household incomes for this group have risen more dramatically than for any other. As a result the gap between those who make less than one and half million dollars annually (99.9% of households) and those who make more (0.1%) has been steadily increasing, prompting The New York Times to proclaim that the "Richest Are Leaving Even the Rich Far Behind." Indeed the income disparities within the top 1.5% are quite drastic. While households in the top 1.5% of households had incomes exceeding $250,000, 443% above the national median, their incomes were still 2200% lower than those of the top .01% of households. One can therefore conclude that almost any household, even those with incomes of $250,000 annually are poor when compared to the top .1%, who in turn are poor compared to the top 0.000267%, the top 400 taxpaying households.

June 5, 2005
Richest Are Leaving Even the Rich Far Behind
By DAVID CAY JOHNSTON

When F. Scott Fitzgerald pronounced that the very rich "are different from you and me," Ernest Hemingway's famously dismissive response was: "Yes, they have more money." Today he might well add: much, much, much more money.

The people at the top of America's money pyramid have so prospered in recent years that they have pulled far ahead of the rest of the population, an analysis of tax records and other government data by The New York Times shows. They have even left behind people making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Call them the hyper-rich.

They are not just a few Croesus-like rarities. Draw a line under the top 0.1 percent of income earners - the top one-thousandth. Above that line are about 145,000 taxpayers, each with at least $1.6 million in income and often much more.

The average income for the top 0.1 percent was $3 million in 2002, the latest year for which averages are available. That number is two and a half times the $1.2 million, adjusted for inflation, that group reported in 1980. No other income group rose nearly as fast.

The share of the nation's income earned by those in this uppermost category has more than doubled since 1980, to 7.4 percent in 2002. The share of income earned by the rest of the top 10 percent rose far less, and the share earned by the bottom 90 percent fell.

Next, examine the net worth of American households. The group with homes, investments and other assets worth more than $10 million comprised 338,400 households in 2001, the last year for which data are available. The number has grown more than 400 percent since 1980, after adjusting for inflation, while the total number of households has grown only 27 percent.

The Bush administration tax cuts stand to widen the gap between the hyper-rich and the rest of America. The merely rich, making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, will shoulder a disproportionate share of the tax burden.

President Bush said during the third election debate last October that most of the tax cuts went to low- and middle-income Americans. In fact, most - 53 percent - will go to people with incomes in the top 10 percent over the first 15 years of the cuts, which began in 2001 and would have to be reauthorized in 2010. And more than 15 percent will go just to the top 0.1 percent, those 145,000 taxpayers.

The Times set out to create a financial portrait of the very richest Americans, how their incomes have changed over the decades and how the tax cuts will affect them. It is no secret that the gap between the rich and the poor has grown, but the extent to which the richest are leaving everyone else behind is not widely known.

The Treasury Department uses a computer model to examine the effects of tax cuts on various income groups but does not look in detail fine enough to differentiate among those within the top 1 percent. To determine those differences, The Times relied on a computer model based on the Treasury's. Experts at organizations representing a range of views, including the Heritage Foundation, the Cato Institute and Citizens for Tax Justice, reviewed the projections and said they were reasonable, and the Treasury Department said through a spokesman that the model was reliable.

The analysis also found the following:

¶Under the Bush tax cuts, the 400 taxpayers with the highest incomes - a minimum of $87 million in 2000, the last year for which the government will release such data - now pay income, Medicare and Social Security taxes amounting to virtually the same percentage of their incomes as people making $50,000 to $75,000.

¶Those earning more than $10 million a year now pay a lesser share of their income in these taxes than those making $100,000 to $200,000.

¶The alternative minimum tax, created 36 years ago to make sure the very richest paid taxes, takes back a growing share of the tax cuts over time from the majority of families earning $75,000 to $1 million - thousands and even tens of thousands of dollars annually. Far fewer of the very wealthiest will be affected by this tax.

The analysis examined only income reported on tax returns. The Treasury Department says that the very wealthiest find ways, legal and illegal, to shelter a lot of income from taxes. So the gap between the very richest and everyone else is almost certainly much larger.

The hyper-rich have emerged in the last three decades as the biggest winners in a remarkable transformation of the American economy characterized by, among other things, the creation of a more global marketplace, new technology and investment spurred partly by tax cuts. The stock market soared; so did pay in the highest ranks of business.

One way to understand the growing gap is to compare earnings increases over time by the vast majority of taxpayers - say, everyone in the lower 90 percent - with those at the top, say, in the uppermost 0.01 percent (now about 14,000 households, each with $5.5 million or more in income last year).

From 1950 to 1970, for example, for every additional dollar earned by the bottom 90 percent, those in the top 0.01 percent earned an additional $162, according to the Times analysis. From 1990 to 2002, for every extra dollar earned by those in the bottom 90 percent, each taxpayer at the top brought in an extra $18,000.

President Ronald Reagan signed tax bills that benefited the wealthiest Americans and also gave tax breaks to the working poor. President Bill Clinton raised income taxes for the wealthiest, cut taxes on investment gains, and expanded breaks for the working poor. Mr. Bush eliminated income taxes for families making under $40,000, but his tax cuts have also benefited the wealthiest Americans far more than his predecessors' did.

The Bush administration says that the tax cuts have actually made the income tax system more progressive, shifting the burden slightly more to those with higher incomes. Still, an Internal Revenue Service study found that the only taxpayers whose share of taxes declined in 2001 and 2002 were those in the top 0.1 percent.

But a Treasury spokesman, Taylor Griffin, said the income tax system is more progressive if the measurement is the share borne by the top 40 percent of Americans rather than the top 0.1 percent.

The Times analysis also shows that over the next decade, the tax cuts Mr. Bush wants to extend indefinitely would shift the burden further from the richest Americans. With incomes of more than $1 million or so, they would get the biggest share of the breaks, in total amounts and in the drop in their share of federal taxes paid.

One reason the merely rich will fare much less well than the very richest is the alternative minimum tax. This tax, the successor to one enacted in 1969 to make sure the wealthiest Americans could not use legal loopholes to live tax-free, has never been adjusted for inflation. As a result, it stings Americans whose incomes have crept above $75,000.

The Times analysis shows that by 2010 the tax will affect more than four-fifths of the people making $100,000 to $500,000 and will take away from them nearly one-half to more than two-thirds of the recent tax cuts. For example, the group making $200,000 to $500,000 a year will lose 70 percent of their tax cut to the alternative minimum tax in 2010, an average of $9,177 for those affected.

But because of the way it is devised, the tax affects far fewer of the very richest: about a third of the taxpayers reporting more than $1 million in income. One big reason is that dividends and investment gains, which go mostly to the richest, are not subject to the tax.

Another reason that the wealthiest will fare much better is that the tax cuts over the past decade have sharply lowered rates on income from investments.

While most economists recognize that the richest are pulling away, they disagree on what this means. Those who contend that the extraordinary accumulation of wealth is a good thing say that while the rich are indeed getting richer, so are most people who work hard and save. They say that the tax cuts encourage the investment and the innovation that will make everyone better off.

"In this income data I see a snapshot of a very innovative society," said Tim Kane, an economist at the Heritage Foundation. "Lower taxes and lower marginal tax rates are leading to more growth. There's an explosion of wealth. We are so wealthy in a world that is profoundly poor."

But some of the wealthiest Americans, including Warren E. Buffett, George Soros and Ted Turner, have warned that such a concentration of wealth can turn a meritocracy into an aristocracy and ultimately stifle economic growth by putting too much of the nation's capital in the hands of inheritors rather than strivers and innovators. Speaking of the increasing concentration of incomes, Alan Greenspan, the Federal Reserve chairman, warned in Congressional testimony a year ago: "For the democratic society, that is not a very desirable thing to allow it to happen."

Others say most Americans have no problem with this trend. The central question is mobility, said Bruce R. Bartlett, an advocate of lower taxes who served in the Reagan and George H. W. Bush administrations. "As long as people think they have a chance of getting to the top, they just don't care how rich the rich are."

But in fact, economic mobility - moving from one income group to another over a lifetime - has actually stopped rising in the United States, researchers say. Some recent studies suggest it has even declined over the last generation.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Mon 28 Mar 2011, 05:01

And here is the Prison Planet headline the puts the final nail in the coffin for Alex Jones...

Radiation 10 Million Times Above Normal Level At Fukushima

Infowars.com
March 27, 2011

The Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) has reported that radiation level in the containment building of reactor number 2 at the stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant is an astounding 10 million times above normal.

Officialdom soon backtracked and said those radiation readings were not accurate and that new tests had been ordered. “The number is not credible,” said TEPCO.

Last week, Japan’s nuclear agency said levels of radioactive iodine in sea near the plant had risen to 1,850 times the usual level. It claims one-half a liter of the water contains the same amount of radiation that a person can safely be exposed to in a year.

The United Nations’ nuclear agency has warned the crisis could go on for months.

It now appears the crisis will go on indefinitely. TEPCO said on Sunday it is not working to resolve the crisis. “We are examining the cause of this, but no work is being done there because of the high level of radiation,” said a TEPCO spokesman. “High levels of caesium and other substances are being detected, which usually should not be found in reactor water. There is a high possibility that fuel rods are being damaged,” he added.

Appearing on Sunday talk shows, cabinet secretary Yukio Edano said radioactive water is “almost certainly” seeping from a reactor core.

Alex later, on air, states that he doesn't believe 10 million is accurate because that would be the same radiation as a neutron star. But then speculates with a diminishing form of exaggeration that it very realistically can be 10,000 times the background radiation. But has no proof whatsoever to make this claim. It is a deliberate presentation of an extreme exaggeration to replace it with another exaggeration that appears less extreme. Total psychological manipulation through media.

quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Mon 28 Mar 2011, 06:11

An Open Letter to Researchers of Addiction, Brain Chemistry, and Social Psychology
By David Brin, Ph.D.

Copyright © 2005. All rights reserved.

Is it time to expand our definition of "addiction"? Scientific evidence suggests that we should. Apparently, illegal drugs only crudely imitate the more natural "highs" that most of us get from wholesome habits -- using internal chemistry to reinforce love of family, music, skill, beauty or country. Is this why so many find it easy to "just say no" to drugs? Because we already know how to press the same buttons... inside our minds?

What follows is an open letter to scientists who could answer such questions, especially the following: Might some addictive mental states be doing as much harm to society as all the heroin, cocaine and crack on our streets, combined?

Please forgive this open letter, offering suggestions in a field outside my own. I'm no biologist, physician or chemist. Still, my background -- usefully exploring a wide range of scientific issues -- may make this seem less impudent. (I have written New York Times best-selling books that include The Transparent Society and The Postman.)1

Will you indulge a query that may prove pertinent to your work?

For years I've followed advances that investigate reinforcement processes in the human brain, especially those involving dopamine and other messenger chemicals that are active in mediating pleasure response. One might call this topic chemically-mediated states of arousal that self-reinforce patterns of behavior.

Of course, what this boils down to -- at one level -- is addiction. But not only in the sense of illegal drug abuse. In very general terms, "addiction" may include desirable things, like bonding with our children and "getting high on life." These good patterns share with drug addiction the property of being reinforced by repeated chemical stimulus, inside the brain.

Now, certainly, knowing that life's wholesome pleasures are chemically reinforced doesn't make love any less sincere, a sunset less beautiful, or even faith in God any less sincere. Indeed, generalizing our study of auto-reinforcement may help us understand how wholesome pleasure works... and perhaps how better to choose which behaviors get reinforced.

Please bear with me. This line of reasoning is going somewhere important. So important that it may bear upon some of society's most pressing problems.

Generalizing the Word "Addiction"

I have long admired those who keep advancing the science of addiction, often uphill against the oversimplifying puritanism of a stale "Drug War"... or else having to overcome naive platitudes at the other end of the political spectrum. Some of the august workers who spared time to talk to me about this topic have included Hans Breiter, Rich Wilcox, Stanley Glick, Jonathan D. Cohen, Alan I. Leshner, Gregory Berns, Dan Ariely, Steven Grant, and Seth Boatwright-Horowitz.

Like the hot topic of Global Warming, this one draws so much political heat that it's a wonder anything can get done at all. And yet, here I am, offering brazen suggestions.

Indeed, I believe the field of addiction may be myopically missing a substantial area of potential research. This area concerns volitionally or habitually self-stimulated secretion -- or, putting it rather crudely, "self-doping."

In other words, the power that individuals have to trigger the release of psychoactive chemicals simply by entering into certain types of consciousness.

I am not talking about mysticism or New Age states of awareness. True, some workers have measured neurochemical effects of meditation and other eastern arts. But this ignores a great many other pleasurable, or semi-pleasurable mental states that require considerably less discipline to access than the meditative plateau. States that are accessible to nearly everyone, every day.

Of course, this overall effect has been known ever since William James wrote Varieties of Religious Experience. But I'd like to suggest strong reasons to study autonomous self-stimulation along new directions that are tangentially related to those already being pursued. For one thing, new research trends - of which you are a part - seem to offer potential hope for getting out of the horrible Drug War.

Suppose that, instead of preaching to substance abusers that they should "get high on life," we could actually train them in self-triggered endorphin/dopamine-releasing methods? Methods the rest of us learn unconsciously in childhood. Better addictions that do not suffer from receptor down-regulating and other problems, such as depression or insatiability.

Beyond obvious implications re: substance abuse, there is another aspect of such research that might benefit society.

Progress in Studying "Self-Addiction"

Of course we know that individuals who are addicted to psychoactive chemicals can often wind up behaving in socially harmful ways while in pursuit of their high. But what of many other compulsively harmful behaviors we see practiced around us. Might some of them have similar roots? What if many irrationally harmful -- even self-defeating -- actions arise from individuals seeking to trigger a self-doped pleasure response?

(It has been said that "insanity is doing the same thing, over and over, while expecting different results." Doesn't that sound like addiction?)

Consider studies of gambling. Researchers led by Dr. Hans Breiter of Massachusetts General Hospital examined with functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) which brain regions activate when volunteers won games of chance -- regions that overlapped with those responding to cocaine!

"Gambling produces a similar pattern of activity to cocaine in an addict," according to Breiter.

Moving along the spectrum toward activity that we consider more "normal" -- neuroscientists at Harvard have found a striking similarity between the brain-states of people trying to predict financial rewards (e.g., via the stock market) and the brains of cocaine and morphine users.

Along similar lines, researchers at Emory University monitored brain activity while asking staunch party members, from both left and right, to evaluate information that threatened their preferred candidate prior to the 2004 Presidential election. "We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," said Drew Westen, Emory's director of clinical psychology. "Instead, a network of emotion circuits lit up... reaching biased conclusions by ignoring information that could not rationally be discounted. Significantly, activity spiked in circuits involved in reward, similar to what addicts experience when they get a fix," Westen explained.

How far can this spectrum be extended? All the way into realms of behavior -- and mental states -- that we label as wholesome? Rich Wilcox of the University of Texas says: "Recovery process in addiction is based to a great extent on cognitively mediated changes in brain chemistry of the frontal/prefrontal cortex system. Furthermore... there is even a surprising amount of literature cited in PubMed suggesting that prayer also induces substantial changes in brain chemistry."

Clearly this spectrum of "addiction" includes reinforcement of behaviors that are utterly beneficial and that have important value to us, e.g., love of our children. I get a jolt every time I smell my kids' hair, for instance. The "Aw!" that many people give when then see a baby smile is accompanied by skin flushes and iris dilation, reflecting physiological pleasure. Similar jolts come to people (variously) from music, sex, exercise and the application of skill.

Although a lot of recent research has danced along the edges of this area, I find that the core topic appears to have been rather neglected. I'm talking about the way that countless millions of humans either habitually or volitionally pursue druglike reinforcement cycles -- either for pleasure or through cycles of withdrawal and insatiability that mimic addiction -- purely as a function of entering an addictive frame of mind.

For a majority, indeed, this process goes un-noticed because there is no pathology! Reiterating; it is simply "getting high on life." Happy or at least content people who lead decent lives partake in these wholesome addictive cycles that have escaped much attention from researchers simply because these cycles operate at the highest levels of human functionality. (It is easy to verify that there is something true, underlying the phrase "addicted to love.")

This wholesomeness should no longer mask or exclude such powerfully effective mental states from scientific scrutiny. For example, we might learn more about the role of oxytocin in preventing the down-regulating or tolerance effects that exacerbate drug addiction. Does this moderating effect provide the more wholesome, internally-generated "addictions" with their long-lasting power?

Even more attractive would be to shine light on patterns of volitional or habitual addictive mentation that are NOT helpful or functional or desirable.

Gambling has already been mentioned. Rage is obviously another of these harmful patterns, that clearly have a chemical-reinforcement component. Many angry people report deriving addictive pleasure from fury, and this is one reason why they return to the state, again and again. Thrill-seeking can also be like this, when it follows a pathology of down-regulating satiability. Ernst Fehr, Brian Knutson, and John Hibbing have written about the pleasure-reinforcement of revenge, that Hollywood films tap incessantly in plot lines that give audiences a vicarious thrill of Payback against villains-who-deserve-it.

The Most Common (but Unstudied) Form of Self-Addiction

So far, we are on ground that is supported by copious (if peripheral) research. If nothing else, at least there should be an effort to step back and notice the forest, for the trees, generalizing a view of this whole field as we've described so far. A general paradigm of self-reinforcement.

Only now, taking this into especially important new territory, please consider something more specific. A phenomenon that both illustrates the general point and demands attention on its own account.

I want to zoom down to a particular emotional and psychological pathology. The phenomenon known as self-righteous indignation.

We all know self-righteous people. (And, if we are honest, many of us will admit having wallowed in this state ourselves, either occasionally or in frequent rhythm.) It is a familiar and rather normal human condition, supported -- even promulgated -- by messages in mass media.

While there are many drawbacks, self-righteousness can also be heady, seductive, and even... well... addictive. Any truly honest person will admit that the state feels good. The pleasure of knowing, with subjective certainty, that you are right and your opponents are deeply, despicably wrong.

Sanctimony, or a sense of righteous outrage, can feel so intense and delicious that many people actively seek to return to it, again and again. Moreover, as Westin et.al. have found, this trait crosses all boundaries of ideology.2

Indeed, one could look at our present-day political landscape and argue that a relentless addiction to indignation may be one of the chief drivers of obstinate dogmatism and an inability to negotiate pragmatic solutions to a myriad modern problems. It may be the ultimate propellant behind the current "culture war."

If there is any underlying truth to such an assertion, then acquiring a deeper understanding of this one issue may help our civilization deal with countless others.

A Set of Core Questions:

I know that I have taken up a lot of your time, so let me boil this down to a key set of questions. Not only for researchers in addiction and psychologically-active brain chemistry, but anyone else interested in the topic.

Do you perceive -- as I do -- a gap in addiction-related research, where it comes to studying cycles of reinforcement that take place ENTIRELY within the brain, without external stimulation?

Might studying the most wholesome cycles of "addictive" reinforcement -- such as love, music, or skill -- result in a redefinition of "addiction" as a natural human process, that is only hijacked by substitutes (e.g., drugs or rage) when better forms of auto-reinforcement are not learned in youth?

Would such a redefinition have positive social effects, bringing more realistic expectations and strategies to the "Drug War?"

If the entire spectrum of auto-reinforcing states of mind were laid bare, might this help us to offer therapies for some (e.g., rage) and better/easier access to others (e.g., love or focused skill)?

Might it be worthwhile to demonstrate that INDIGNATION is a clinically measurable physiological state, reinforced in some by the semi-volitional or habitual release of psychologically active chemicals in the brain?

If we could show clearly, publicly, and decisively that self-righteousness is an addiction, might this help empower moderates in every political movement, so that negotiation and pragmatism would become more fashionable than dogmatic purity and outrage?

Of course, I can't resolve any of these questions myself. How could I, as a mere astrophysicist, futurist and sci fi writer?

But then, I am paid to ask questions. It is much harder to come up with answers.

Difficulties

I won't pretend there are no obstacles to pursuing this line of inquiry. Having discussed it with neuroscientists such as William Calvin, Robert Malenka, Joseph Miller, Read Montague, Stanley Glick, Gregory S. Berns and Ernest Noble, I am familiar with reasons why researchers have shied away from studying internal stimulation in favor of external stimulations like gambling and drugs.

According to Joe Miller:

There are incredible problems with any sort of research which seeks to quantify a mental state. It is orders of magnitude more difficult to study internal stimuli than external stimuli. Subjects lie, often without any real consciousness of the act. And mental states can change more rapidly than relatively slow procedures like MRI can hope to capture. And subjects are highly distractible.

Miller continues:

Having said that, there is ongoing work along the lines you suggest, although it seems to be more directed at gambling, drug addictive states, internal religious states etc. One way to approach this is to have the subject engage in some behavior which naturally requires the mental state you are trying to study, e.g., simulated slot machines for studying the gambling response etc.... I can imagine having a right winger read pronouncements of UN rep, Ambassador Bolton -- (or Hillary Clinton?) -- and see what brain changes are observable. I'm sure the "usual suspects" would be involved, e.g., ventral striatum, aka nucleus accumbens.

Well, in fact, this is exactly the sort of idea pondering and brain-storming that I've sought to get started. (In fact, Dr. Miller and others at USC have recently begun exploring avenues of research inspired by this letter.)

Putting aside specific politics, one could offer a dozen suggestions for how blind -- or double blind -- experiments might be performed. (Subjects might name their own emblems of outrage, for example, choosing in advance the symbols and people most likely to trigger their own indignation.) Experiments could at least narrow down the range and subjectivity of studying self-induced mental states. After all, we would not (at first) be seeking to "cure" anybody. Only to get a better handle on how these cycles work.

For example; might indignation exhibit different patterns of trigger-response, latency, persistence and recovery in an "addict" than in people who are merely "righteous" on occasion? In much the same way that a stiff drink has measurably different effects upon a social drinker than an alcoholic?

Suppose the expected, post-stimulation high is blocked by chemical inhibitors. Might "indignation addicts" show a very different set of behaviors -- when the expected high is inhibited -- than a merely righteous person will display, even if they agree about the triggering dogma or image? Among drug addicts and alcoholics, such differences and signs are explicit, measurable and unsubjective.

Would not some good come simply from demonstrating such patterns, thereby showing that indignation is a pernicious addictive habit?

A soft result, but one with potentially vast social effects.

Why the Issue Has Grown Urgent

We have entered an era of rising ideological division and a "culture war" that increasingly stymies our knack at problem-solving. Nowadays, few adversarial groups seem capable of negotiating peaceful consensus solutions to problems, especially with opponents that are perceived as even more unreasonably dogmatic than they are. This cycle is often driven by the irate stubbornness of a few vigorous leaders. After all, the indignant have both stamina and dedication, helping them take high positions in advocacy organizations, from Left to Right.

Might recent exaggerated levels of bilious social division be partly attributed to an all-too human tendency to fall into addictive patterns of self-doping, by wallowing in a pleasurable mental state? A state that undermines our ability to empathize with opponents, accept criticism, or negotiate practical solutions to problems?

May I boldly suggest that this insidious type of reinforcement may cause vastly more overall social harm than every illegal drug on the street?

At risk of growing repetitious, suppose it were openly demonstrated that the self-righteous mental state is reinforced chemically by hijacking internal "addiction" mechanisms. Given enough publicity, might such a finding help empower pragmatists and moderates of all kinds?

Certainly some will oppose such research, calling it improper interference by science into political realms that are best left to individual subjectivity.

Too late. Already, serious effort has been devoted into studying political inclinations with functional magnetic resonance imaging, or fMRI. (See notes, below.) Ideologues across the spectrum are studying methods of "mind control." Obviously, this is an area that will receive ever greater attention in coming years, like it or not.

At least the aim here is to lessen the influence of dogmatism and empower those in society who are inclined toward calm and judgement.

Conclusion: Can Science Rescue Us From Dogmatism?

I have for some years written to researchers in related fields, asking about ways to study abuse of natural reinforcement processes. It would seem the addictive properties of rage and self-righteousness could be either proved or disproved, rather easily. (And yes, of course, I might be wrong!)

A number of researchers have kindly given me time. Some offered enthusiastic encouragement.

But then, alas, year after year passed and nothing happened. Except a relentless increase in irrationally indignant behavior, everywhere in society and across all political spectra.

Hence, my decision to post this as an open letter online.

Perhaps someone will do what I lack time to do. Set up an active discussion group3 to probe these possibilities, with participation by both experts and gifted outsiders, until we know how much is right, how much is wrong, and how much work there is to be done. Whether this is a promising line of enquiry... or a dead end.

If so, I hope I will be invited to participate. Happy to observe while the real experts make joyful use of their high skills.

That's it. Thanks for your patience with a meddlesome and presumptuous amateur.

Here's wishing you fresh insights and much success,
David Brin

Let's consider ourselves for the moment...in the moment...and the possible negative of the information age and the conspiracy-truth genre of information dissemination...

When someone or some source outside of yourself lets you know something that you did not know before and now you feel “awakened" coupled with the "conspiratorial" context that you did not know due to dubious deception...you will now feel more accomplished that you overcame this tremendous hurdle of "the enemy" in the way of your knowing. But now all acquisitions of information must also be obtained by overcoming the "enemy". (Begins to sound a bit like the enigmatic war on terrorism or Christian brainwashing concepts).

It is possible you have stimulated the same part of the brain that is affected by cocaine use with this "awakened" state. You will pursue the feeling more and more with an ever-increasing sense that you are learning and conquering the forces of evil that keep you blind..."the controllers".

So with every “truth” you receive and the self-righteous indignation you acquire…the more of a downward spiral of addiction to “truth” you experience. You actually become an addict to how discovering and realizing truth…"makes you feel".

You now may no longer be interested in seeking actual truth…but how thinking you know the truth makes you feel. Coupled with the desire to be right and prove others wrong…you are doubly affected with the addiction of this self-indignation.

One may then be an addict. Thus one cannot accurately police themselves and their motivations. They can fall susceptible to accept everything as a conspiracy or cover-up and anyone who challenges their alternative status-quo is a shill or one of "them". You will begin to focus more and more with an ever-expanding sphere of interest until you venture out into the abyss of potentialities that one will begin to lose sight of themselves and their actual sphere of influence, power and potential for real change. You wander from your individuality into a miasma of specters and half-substantiated thought forms only to be off-centered in what you do know or could ever possibly have mastery over.

And it is at this critical point, as the psyche fractures, when one purchases their first InfoWars T-shirt.

Last edited by quicksilvercrescendo on Mon 28 Mar 2011, 09:12; edited 1 time in total
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 28 Mar 2011, 07:26

TgII, you certainly can have seraphims looking over you in your bunker. I knew you were going to fume about the media. And if you weren't I was going to myself, just for you in case you couldn't post! Give them hell, I sure was!!! The situation is horrible, and the media exaggerates it of course. They don't care about anything it seems. No respect for life or death.
Sounds crazy but I have always felt ready to die. Just waiting my turn. I wonder if I will fight to live when it's my turn to go. Enough of that talk, it seems we have to focus on just surviving.

So what on earth is going on. Technology is available, like Hoagland said to get rid of the radiation in minutes. Do they build these extremely dangerous nuclear devices because they know they can stop the effects immediately, but don't do so right away, because of a eugenics plan. And then they will clean the environment in days. Just as God in the bible did in seven. They can do that just like Gods.

Or else do they know major devastations are going to occur because of the cycles of the galaxy and once those are all done with, they will start over, so that is why they do nothing now to help us folks from the dangers of it all.

You are a trooper, I read that you are supposed to separate your outside clothes from your inside ones. So take those ones off and wash yourself with water once you get inside. I also hear that your good bacteria gets wiped out first from the radiation, so eating fermented foods and probiotics is great. Also feeling flu like is a symptom of radiation poison.
I wish you the best!

Rainyday, good for you and thanks for that interview.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhVbt4DAumI&feature=related

Madness I learned that Plutonium, is named after a deity in the underworld and that it is the by product of uranium, in other words manmade and that nine pounds of it in the form of dust can poison every living creature on the planet. And that there are 400 nuclear plants in the United States producing hundreds of tons of plutonium.
How sadistic and evil can you get.
Hijack the DNA stands of the nucleotides and the genome itself are manipulated by atomic products and you get many deformities.

It is not economical. Governments subsidize billions and billions of dollars into the nuclear energy.
All of this nuclear radiation to just to boil water that goes to a turbine and then you get electricity! It really is sadistic.
The most dangerous system mankind can ever create just to heat up water.

They ask a very good question. How did human consciousness come up with nuclear energy. How did it ever become
so impaired, so destructive, so evil? I'm thinking we did not, someone just gave it to us animals knowing we do whatever.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 28 Mar 2011, 07:36

Exactly quicksilvercrescendo, and what if it's more than that. Alot of us can't help it, we can be so far gone, don't know how to help ourselves. One accepts anything and everything. There is no Self anymore.

Interesting about behaviors. It's difficult to explain, so here's an analogy. If a person has neurotransmitters added to them for a specific purpose, say oxytocin to bear pain or even to be able to love or bond. Then that would be like adding something to our electrical pattern, like plasma or something not understood so that we can function.
And then it gets deeper, so amazing that it's not understandable to our mind. And fight to the death and oppose if taken away from what one has always done or believed in. Which is an interesting subject itself.

And it all is addictive because we can always have access to it. Things are not prevented from entering. Especially if people are vessels.
All so that we can do certain things, but seem to use what's added or given to us for real stupid things like you say above, and then in other cases for survival like I mentioned, which is what it is all about on Earth, when it doesn't have to be like that. Evolution can't even occur.
Is it going to be all robot now and no soul growth or human evolving anymore.......
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Mon 28 Mar 2011, 12:20

Not only do you have the official version, you have the revised version, then the alternative, then the alternative to the alternative...blah, blah, blah. Bottom line...it's usually about sales.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Mon 28 Mar 2011, 17:06

When religion truly begins to lose its hold...they will bring in the alien deception to bolster their scriptures and add it in between the lines.
You can squeeze another couple centuries of deception, ignorance, confusion, fanatics and profits out of that one.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Mon 28 Mar 2011, 23:16

Total psychological manipulation through media.
Most of the news breakers are involved in "Blitzkreig Headlines" and as soon as they got their fix (public attention or viewing figures) , they need another fix, by hook or by crook.
Nobody seems to hold them responsible for the blatant irresponsibility and outright godamn garbage that is spewed out sometimes, but maybe its because the majority of the public loves it too, after all , life is sometimes a little tedious
I cant listen to more than 2 minutes of bbc libya news now, or my head feels like it is going in a vice

On Plutonium , the discoverer , Glenn T. Seaborg,
In 1980, he transmuted several thousand atoms of bismuth into gold at the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory.[21] His experimental technique, using nuclear physics, was able to remove protons and neutrons from the bismuth atoms. Seaborg's technique would have been far too expensive to enable routine manufacturing of gold, but his work is the closest to the mythical Philosopher's Stone.
Maybe thats why gordon brown sold 60% of uk gold , cause the uk can manufacture it at will, what could that do to the gold commodity if made public ?

On Religion - Technology is taking the place of many of the religious deitys , technology itself inspired by religious deity , so just a moving of the lego pieces to produce a new face , but same old tune driving the vehicle called psychological conditioning.

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Tue 29 Mar 2011, 03:12

Wow some of that.........its just the right time for me to read those words. Synchronicity is always close near me

in the past couple of days ive unfortunately had a run in with a few indignated people. ive always had a crusade to bias, because it obviously can motivate people to reach the wrong conclusions. and when you see people who you know are smarter than what they are thinking communicate those thoughts, you know that the agenda within that person is coming to that line of reasoning. and not any line of reasoning doing any reasoning. and its the most frustrating thing. its frustrating because it always boils down to who or whats shoulders responsibility falls on. and punishments always follow ideas that are out to prosecute and obviously reasonable people do not like being blamed for things they didnt do. loss of opportunity/status etc.

fully agree on how feeling like youre getting truth makes you feel good. you could say having truth for some IS there applied skill. especially teaching others or wanting to get others into the truth. its just applying what you know and saving a person. ive been there when i wasnt wise enough to smell my own stench of my own efforts of trying to reach somebody. but as time has passed and im getting older i realize many people just have what they do. nothing will trigger a drastic change of awareness in their lives and thats ok. everybody is entitled to what makes them happy, even if its naive. im a hard person to keep happy, and it would make me happier to know more or even if a fraction of what i do know could be 100% substantiated. what i mean is if something like how i suspect alex jones is a shill. if i could have some proof that he was. even if it was just for me and nobody else. it would give me a foundation to believe harder in other things that i think i know but dont really know. and i would be happy to have these beliefs substantiated in exchange for learning new things.

id personally rather have 10 substantiated beliefs and 90 "maybes" than 1 substantiated belief and 300 maybes. but thats just me and i dont know if anybody thought of knowledge in that light before. but i have because i seem to know a lot, but i dont know a lot "for sure". and that bothers me. and that keeps me looking for the truth. but i dont validate often old things i knew. i just keep learning more "maybes"
highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Tue 29 Mar 2011, 15:55

Flames, can you make me a sandwich too; I have a hankering for liver worst on a good dark rye bread with sliced onions along with a good beer...it just might be my last meal considering events here in Japan 150 miles south of chaos....

seraphim, I need a bunker mate!

...alright, ripped this one out really fast so you guys can read it before leaving for work, chores, errands, whatever...

...we're sitting 150 miles roughly south-west of a plutonium leak from exposed rods...ahhh, let me think, yeah, we're fucking great! That was the last news I have read...and don't forget Alex Jones' report of 10,000 times above normal (what a crock of shit hey?). Was thinking of donning a HASMAT suit and making for a beeline to the airport. Here's the latest from NHK; plutonium?

What's plutonium? http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/29_15.html

...what I would like to know is, like who came up with this "half-life of 240,000 years", anyway? No doubt it was probably the same computer-modeling folks who came up with global warming forecasts? Who has lived 240,000 years to prove this? No; I think there's loads of room for false claims and propaganda here – especially coming from "experts" (the priests wearing white-coated suits); and intentionally exaggerated claims to throw mud at Japan despite what a terrible job TEPCO has been doing at keeping problems concealed over all these years....

...we want scientific evidence of the radioactive life of the radioactive contaminants coming out of the reactor; iodine and cesium...recent news discussing the plutonium rods have been exposed because the reactors have cracked, but what about the containment structure? That might make sense if the water leaked out through the heavy duty plumbing carrying the plutonium into the boiler structure...

...of great concern, who the hell knew this was coming? Not just Cameco Corp., but most uranium mining companies:

Uranium shares for Cameco Corp. indicates a 10% swing downwards:
http://www.buy-high-sell-higher.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/CCOMarch14-1month.jpg

Interestingly, before the earthquake, Cameco fell from a high of over $40 to a low of $36; that’s a 10% swing in one week, which is a lot for blue chip stock. Why was it dropping in advance of the big news? I have no idea; probably just coincidence.

Sabotage or no sabotage, it's insanity to have such potentially dangerous installations in a place as earthquake-prone and densely populated as Japan. (New Zealand or southern California would be similarly unsuitable locations.)

...seriously time to start thinking about an upgrade to far safer, next-generation nuclear options (if suitable, realistic options exist) – or else just scrap them, I think....maybe go back to burning wood chips and dried buffalo shit to teach us a few lessons. Not a good idea to keep dinosaur technologies on life-support like the Japanese have been doing with these reactors at Fukushima; they were supposed to have been closed down...

...there is too much sub space chatter out here to tell what are the actual circumstances and who is to blame, TEPCO or people clamoring to play with more toys that use electricity? What are the limits of civilization hey? Okay, anyone want more toys that means more demand for electricity; it's a trade off and technology couldn't keep up.

Leuren Moret had a fascinating article published in The Japan Times back in 2004; at the time a lot of Japanese recognized the inherent problems and had the support of Moret...too late, seven years later, now look.

Japan's deadly game of nuclear roulette:
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/fl20040523x2.html

...anyway, stressed out and really tired from all this shit; and the hysterics certainly didn't help the Japanese any...Japanese government came out and said not to drink tap water...say wot?!!! Okay, sure, that essentially leaves roughly thirteen million people in Tokyo without tap water...you cannot find not even one bottle of water on the shelves anywere.

...the clean-up begins: Miyagi Prefecture in Tagajyoshi clean-up begins after the tsunami where refuse being accumulated is 23 years worth of garbage collection in this area alone. So far, approximately 6000 automobiles destroyed by the tsunami have been collected and scrapped. Toyota is back in business and hope all those cars were insured?

...western media hasn't covered much recently, but just in case anyone may want to know, 30,000 Japanese are dead...

...and now, the really fucking bad news for last, is this even thinkable?

...here is a fairly good description of what SUXTNET is:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/deadf007-stuxnet-secret-weapon-attack-irans-nukes-virus-about-revolutionize-modern-warfare

"DEADF007 - Is Stuxnet The Secret Weapon To Attack Iran's Nukes; Is A Virus About To Revolutionize Modern Warfare? Submitted by Tyler Durden on 09/23/2010 11:22 -0400 ... Stuxnet's ability to autonomously and without human assistance discriminate among industrial computer systems is telling. It means, says Langner, that it is looking for one specific place and time to attack one specific factory or power plant in the entire world. "Stuxnet is the key for a very specific lock – in fact, there is only one lock in the world that it will open," Langner says in an interview. "The whole attack is not at all about stealing data but about manipulation of a specific industrial process at a specific moment in time. This is not generic. It is about destroying that process."

...the above is in bold red font for a reason...

...did SUXTNET wait internally on the Fukushima reactors emergency systems for the right set of perimeters and algorithm on the tsunami and earthquake? Who profited from this and is this economic warfare? ...intriguing stuff here, no? Virtual deception at its finest; so good that neither the deceivers nor the deceived are in control of the stuxnet algorithms which determine their fate ...they just profit on the bonds...Fukushima was a profit margin and a cat bond ticking bomb waiting to go off...these guys are absolutely fucking geniuses....

...now that I think about it, it's like a profit machine on auto kill...wait!!! Maybe it's not about profit anymore...it's not a profit agenda: it's a theft and extortion agenda and if that doesn't work destroy everything...the fucking system is eating itself alive....

...and seraphim, don't forget the gin, really?!
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next