DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meditation

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meditation Empty Meditation

Post  KapitanScarlet Wed 06 Jan 2010, 11:43

DAvid Lynch has made some very interesting film and tv productions
He says he has been a TM for over 30 years , and vouches for the positive effects on consciousness from this activity
He talks about his ideas of consciousness here from the 7 min mark , he gives an example of how he created a famous scene in the twin peaks series using "Feelthink" a sort of symbolic recognition in the creative process interpreting abstracts or occurences and using them to lead the creative process from a feeling rather than a logical interpretation .
I think he perceives the TM as crucial to expanding these senses

There is a speech from a scientist afterwards and a demonstration of how meditation affects the brain waves on a scanner

I dont concur with lynches interpretation of "negativity" i see it more as a relative (sometimes maybe necessary phenomena in the plutonic sense, rather than what he seems to be presenting which is a more universal must-avoid model but i could have misinterpreted his take

He believes there are 4 states of consciousness, waketime, sleeping, dream and transcendental , but he could not give his interpretaion of what dreams are and called back a doctor to give a scientific impression

ANd a gruesome scene from his film Eraserhead, more a nightmare than a dream, but with some interesting symbolism , maybe masonic undertones , and good muse track

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Meditation Empty Re: Meditation

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 16 Jan 2010, 00:59

Meditation 400px-%22Song_of_Shambhala%22

SHAMBHALA
Spoken off by many different quarters as mythical or lost kingdom , said to have outer , inner and alternative meanings
I speculate that it is a specific dimension of higher consciousness that can be temporarily visited and attended through dream, meditation or more permanently through transcendance at Death from the evolved existance

But in addition to that , a shambhalic experience can also be "magnetically attracted" and thus manifested into a physical event for human beings by the dynamic manipulation or agitation of the energy bodys of people through certain mediums of expression and receptance to that expression by personas emanating an expression known as the "Masters of Reality"

"Master of Reality" itself being an aquired state of awareness temporary or more permanently expressed by a persona rather than the persona in itself ie......... Even the fool could temporarily wear this hat, become a vehicle for something greater than the fool can comprehend , nor anyone, one of the fools mystical possibilities.
Other developed personas can wear the hat on call from something that activates itself inside of their consciousness at the root end of intuition .

Shambhala is not a physical location , but it is a dimension of consciousness that can also be proportionally manifested in the physical through an "Earthly Event" via the invokational presence of one or any number of "Masters of Reality" , certain types of personas who have an innate ability to raise the consciousness of others around them through weaving particular magnetic expressions resulting in attaining a certain rythym of communication which directly stimulates the psycho-emotional and psycho-sexual and psycho-intellectual faculties of the other beings and eventually manifests the shambhalic experience if only momentarily in those beings
This "shambhalic experience" if aquired , indellibly stamps itself in the psyche like a mystical beacon
that then creates an ongoing distant dialogue in the consciousness that can torment and even enrage the personas intellect , dependent on how the persona is developing their consciousness or not so, it is up to the persona how that communication progresses

Note - i was not ingesting hallucegenics Smile i can get to these specs without them

The rampant addictive manic need for sexual orgasm may be a perverted or at least misguided response to that implanted beacon
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 18 Jan 2010, 06:13

Wow, what a post. I thought maybe your kundalini was getting activated and why you have such strange behavior Laughing , but maybe something else, Kapis.

From the David Lynch video:
"There is a great giant ocean of pure consciousness in every human."

"Drugs or substances are tools to understand the consciousness better."

"TM meditation allows any human to dive within to get to the subtle and transcend."

"Consciousness grows and at the end you get enlightenment"

How he started TM.....He heard that true happiness lies within not without, then thought meditation was a way to go within. He went into bliss right away and it was so powerful when starting. He loves what it does to him.

Negativity starts to recede so one can start doing and enjoying things again.

"It's so beautiful"-David Lynch
Iv'e never tried TM but may have more to say about it later.......I would caution about wanting to escape or stay in a blissful state.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  seraphim Thu 04 Mar 2010, 03:35

Samadhi-Yoganandaji
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Thu 04 Mar 2010, 03:54

Kriya Yoga, Yogananda, Babaji

The vultures swooped down and took bits and pieces here and there. His book edited, his society turned into a priest/nun religion, turned backward as he predicted it would after he left.
No matter what the vultures do, I'm so glad and have so much inspiration because of his doings and that at least he tried and is still behind the scene.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Fri 05 Mar 2010, 03:47

Yoganandaji not only was a powerful speaker with a very strong presence. But he was very playful. I thought this wasn't him in this video at first. LOL

Oh and it was funny to see the vultures (well dressed of course) always hovering around him when he was alive too. I'm absolutely positive he knew that very well and later said bye bye, you can devour my work when I leave this planet!
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 06 Mar 2010, 00:24

Remember the Serpent Baddie in Conan Very Happy

but seriously, an interesting thinker
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sat 06 Mar 2010, 21:26

It's funny how the mind works.
I had a picture of him hanging up one time and someone said who is that woman? I'm sure he would have got a kick out of that.
You might think serpent when you see him, because that's just how the mind works. Always has to figure out what it's seeing whether it's true or not. But you are on to something.......

The Lemurians, Apache Native Americans and Indians from India have some things in common, they were descendants of the Serpent people or were Serpent people, they claim.
And in the Americas it's all about the serpent.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sat 06 Mar 2010, 21:36

Cayce basically stated that the Atlanteans were the red peoples, but that there was some type of connection or co-population with northwestern anglos as well.

Lemurians, if pacific based would be the southern indians and many islanders that probably scattered into various pacific regions, with those knowledge streams heading up into China.

I have been reading the laurency.com material which does eventually come across as very pro-Theosophy, even to the point of advocating their Matreya-Christos. Which I tend to discard. But there is much material in there that I have found useful. Particularly the mindset of people during the downfall of Atlantis and how that so closely resembles where we are now.

I have also found the laurency.com material to be quite dogmatic and in many instances states that it is the truth of the matter while scathingly discounting many other schools of thought. It thus contradicts itself concerning its own definition of dogmatism and how its supposed knowledge escapes being dogma. So I am highly critical of the overall message, but there are some gems to consider in the material by the writer himself, not necessarily the works of Theosophists or philosophers that he includes in the work.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sat 06 Mar 2010, 21:50

What a bizarre coincidence quicksilvercrescendo I was talking about the same thing in a different thread just now.
And the Laurency material is absolutely fascinating for me.

I believe the Lemurians as stated in research, scattered to the islands as well. Particularly Indonesia and why a lot of Muslims, who knows they may be Kabbalists, like it there.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sat 06 Mar 2010, 22:34

I will now introduce the forum to a friend of mine from back home in Florida. And tell a personal story.

His name is James Tucker. He is an astrologer, tarot reader and does palmistry, while providing "spiritual" counseling.
He includes in his appearance much of the exterior decor and fluff of what one would label a new age type of person who is into esoteric matters.
But I have found him over the years to be a person of impeccable quality and humanity.
And he has demonstrated several times, concerning my own life, that he is quite clairvoyant and gifted in some psychic abilities.

Here he just gives a real basic message to the general public and he is a bit nervous during the shooting of this introduction 6 part video...

I had a meeting with James after my first wife was diagnosed with cancer and given three months to live. It was my wife that had first introduced me to him a few years prior. During this talk with James, myself and my wife we had basically concluded talking between the three of us. And my wife made her way toward the front door of his home office to check out his library and collection of books. James and I were talking alone and his bright blue eyes, which cannot be seen on the above video, began to open widely and "shine" in a watery glistening sheen. He broke away from the conversation at hand and just looked at me, or through me. He then lightly grabbed my forearm with his hand, looked into my eyes and said...

"Keif. You have blue eyes like mine, which means you come from and have heritage from the same lands as the vikings. (James then pulled an actual sword that he had hanging decoratively off the wall next to him.) Take this sword. For it is symbolic of what you will need to stand with your wife during this time as she deals with he illness. So just take it and let it remind you of that purpose. The purpose that you were brought to her in the first place. You are the one in her life meant to see her off from this one...and into her next."

At the time, I felt a bit uncomfortable as this was definitely a bit hokey even for my open mind. But he was sincere and serious. So I saw no harm in simply taking the sword home and then returning it at a later date when I had the time and mind to do so. I figured I would indulge him on the matter. So I brought it home and just put it in my walk in closet.

Many weeks and many months passed by as my wife outlived the predicted three months and lived nine. And only here last two months saw any decline in health toward her eventual demise. So we had traveled during the seven months. And her deepest desire was to go to Hawaii. That place had some significance to her. I only know this now and did not pick up on it at the time how important Hawaii was to her during her closing period of her lifetime. There was a connection there for her that was perhaps beyond her own conscious reckoning.

So seven months later, after her diagnosis, her health declined and two months after that she had passed on.

Then, where I lived was ravaged by a hurricane two weeks after her death. And then another major hurricane hit exactly the same spot another couple weeks later. The place now looked like a bombed out warzone. Not a leaf was left on a tree. No power for four weeks. Some without phone or internet for a couple months. Stores were bare of food. National guard was giving out ice and bottled water cases at the local shopping mall parking lot. Even a year and a half later people were still waiting for roofers to be available to fix leaks in their houses. The place was a mess. My home and my business both took damages and the whole place was shut down as people were trying to recover and just take care of what was theirs.

I had not spoken to nor seen James Tucker during all this time. But now things were better and some life had returned to the area. You could see the pulse of normalcy was beginning to beat. It was after the first storm, but before the second storm that I had met someone online in a most unusual way. The power and internet had been just recently restored following the first huricane. During this time that I was playing a game of online poker, kicking ass and being quite obnoxious about it in the chat section of the poker game. Eventually the game was down to two players on the table, myself and some other unknown person. We played for about thirty minutes and the chat between us began to go personal. We then exchanged email addresses before signing off. About a week later I sent her an email and she responded. Then we exchanged recent pictures and more emails. The quality of the writing qualified a more serious attitude toward the exchange.
Trust me. I am not the type to internet chat nor hook up online. It just happened that way. A week or two after that, a second hurricane hit that was more devastating than the first. By the way, the 2004 hurricane season was the strangest weather I ever witnessed in Florida.

So this woman invited me to Norway for a two week stay that Christmas. The land of the vikings. I had told her about my finding out the economy and country of the U.S. was going to be purposefully tanked and that I was already looking at Canada or Norway for a possible relocation and this would allow me to investigate the place. Quite a coincidence that the offer sprang up to travel to one of those destinations. I made my travel arrangements a couple months in advance. This trip and two subsequent trips eventually led to where I am now...married to this same woman, with a daughter, a baby on the way and now Norway as my home...the land of the vikings.

After this woman from Norway contacted me and I made my flight and travel plans to visit her during Christmas I was still doing things differently due to the lack of infrastructure resultant from the hurricane damage. There was no internet in my neighborhood. So I would drive up to a Kinkos office services store and use their computers with working connections to read my emails and surf a bit.

One day, at home, I opened my closet and saw the sword that James gave me. I decided I would put it in my van and return it to him that day at his home office. And also see how he fared during the storms as his place was close to the shore and the beach which is always subject to more damage. So I put the sword in my van and went out to run many errands for the day, with the plan of stopping by James' place in the early evening to return his sword and catch up with him a bit.

During the middle of the day I had to go to Kinkos to discuss my travel plans, by email, to Norway with the woman who invited me for Christmas. I had to get information as to how cold winter is and what type of clothes would be apropos. As a native Floridian I had not seen a winter in many years, much less one so far North. I pulled up to Kinkos in my van, with the sword on the passenger seat. I walk up to the front door of the Kinkos and place my hand on the door handle to open it. And right behind and to the side of me...James is standing there with his hand going for the same handle into the same Kinkos as the same time. He too had to use the internet there as well. I told him I was planning on stopping by his place to return his sword that same day. So I gave him the sword right there in the parking lot and told him that I would stop by his place later in the week to talk with him and update one another on our lives.

A few days later I met with James and told him that I was to travel to Norway to meet this woman. His eyes smiled widely. I reminded him of what he told me when he gave me the sword and what he had said. He had not remembered that comment until I reminded him of it. And then the coincidence running into him at Kinkos the same day I decided to meet with him to return his sword. He said that I now no longer needed the sword and that I was embarking on something significantly anew.

There were a lot of other happenings, of a most deconstructive nature, that had to occur for me to totally close down my life back home and then relocate. Some of them happened not by conscious choice, but by things that I thought at the time were far from my control. To have those other considerations in my life all happening coinciding with what I mention here in skeletonized form is just...far too mindblowing.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sat 06 Mar 2010, 22:58

I believe the Lemurians as stated in research, scattered to the islands as well. Particularly Indonesia and why a lot of Muslims, who knows they may be Kabbalists, like it there.

I truly believe Islam's later-damnable predecessor came out of Africa...from my own investigations. And it was that which was practiced at the Kabba before the prophet showed up with his own brand of mono-theism. But Islam would not have developed without this polytheistic predecessor.

And that during Islam's sorted history there was a time when the perspective of the Sufi mysticism dominated over its earlier orthodoxy and the later/more modern orthodoxy. As it has reverberated from one to the other more than once. When Islam was being defined more from the Sufi perspective they eventually fell into more of a sensuous and degraded state. As anything that is good taken to extremes will do. Social problems arose and certain groups vied for a return to the old ways of no compromise take-no-prisoners old school Islam. Many a Sufi was killed or persecuted during this time. Even now, many Sufi are considered fringe, cultish and somewhat reviled my mainlined Islam. Just like gnostics with the Christians.

But the Sufi mystics, even though their religion is Islam, get their esoteric knowledge stream from the Hindu yogic systems. As Islam mixed with the older and established beliefs of India. And the Hindu yogic systems got their knowledge streams from Lemuria.

But the Hindu yogic systems spread also to China where they were refined. And refined even more by non-deists/alchemist, or non-god-worshipping southern Buddhists, who could extract the esoteric science from the Hindu pantheon and complicated doctrines in attempt to distill something purely practical and that could be more tangibly realized.

Whatever is valuable in Indonesia came from India and China. Islam was and is..an invader. Just like Christianity over pagans or Rome over Gaul.

As far as Kabbala in the east, I think it is represented internally within the body in their chakral-tantien and energy practises. A living example and not a book. For you are the tree.

Last edited by quicksilvercrescendo on Sat 06 Mar 2010, 23:11; edited 1 time in total
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sun 07 Mar 2010, 23:32

That was very nice of you to share that quicksilvercrescendo.

I truly believe Islam's later-damnable predecessor came out of Africa...from my own investigations. And it was that which was practiced at the Kabba before the prophet showed up with his own brand of mono-theism. But Islam would not have developed without this polytheistic predecessor.
Right and neither would have christianity.
Whatever is valuable in Indonesia came from India and China. Islam was and is..an invader. Just like Christianity over pagans or Rome over Gaul.
That is absolutely 100% true! And Islam invaded Indonesia and tried to conquer the people's beliefs there.

Feeding, protecting and finding happiness for the inner child, so the child can grow up.

The soul is our true self, finding that
is where our true self lives.

Learn from Nature, get into your center, be self centered in the correct way. Get rid of trash, make room for new growth, let the universe take over.

What we sow, we reap. Our manifestation. Surrender will to higher will.
What you put within yourself, feed and nurture, is going to manifest. That's the supreme law, what we sow, comes back.

Feed the spirit of life that feeds the flesh. If you only feed the flesh then the spirit dies.

Very humbling words from James Tucker.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 07 Mar 2010, 23:59

Very interesting connections Q, you would think that something was influencing your existence revealing itself through synchronisations and other signatures visible to the seeing eye, these are areas of great interest for me, thx for the insight into that particular window of yours
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Mon 20 Dec 2010, 02:27

Transcendental Meditation - according to DAvid Lynch, it erases depressions or negative consciousness and improves ones connection to what is termed intuition . Lynch asttempts to present a scientific analysis of tm with little religious murmerings
So its interesting that he is talking about transcending normal consciousness, but never mentioning other entitys being encountered or anything like that, he analogies it to a blue flower becoming even a more brilliant blue , a sort of HD version of the normal consciousness

So Lynch believes that transcendental meditation simply high tunes the consciousness so that a persons uniqueness is amplified but also simultaneously creating a closer relationship link with other people via raising ones appreciation level

It seems that TM was introduced by the maharish back in the 50s / 60s, when it was more a religious presentation , and according to lynch, even people in india were introduced to it as it was not common there.

Maharish seems to have lrearned it from ananda

According to religious scholar Kenneth Boa in his 1990 book, Cults, World Religions and the Occult, the Transcendental Meditation technique is rooted in the Vedantic School of Hinduism, "repeatedly confirmed" in books authored by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi such as the Science of Being and the Art of Living and Commentary on the Bhagavad Gita.[16] Boa writes that the Maharishi "makes it clear" that Transcendental Meditation was delivered to man about 5,000 years ago by the Hindu god Krishna. The technique was then lost, but restored for a time by Buddha. It was lost again, but rediscovered in the 9th century AD by the Hindu philosopher Shankara. Finally, it was revived by Brahmananda Saraswati (Guru Dev) and passed on to the Maharishi.

So final traceback to the mystery deity of Krishna where the trail comes to a halt like so many other teachings

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Mon 03 Jan 2011, 01:55

Question to anyone reading it

Have u ever meditated ? and if so, in what form, and what were the effects noted ? and do u still continue to ?
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Tue 04 Jan 2011, 00:17

Have u ever meditated ? and if so, in what form, and what were the effects noted ? and do u still continue to ?

Yes I have meditated.
I have experimented with a few "systems".
And I still continue to do so.

Defining mediation for yourself is key here.
Many definitions and systems are supplied for your consideration, but there are diverse meanings and practices around this term.
It is an almost over-used blanket term when I think of ever using it...and could encompass a whole universe of possible meanings and explanations given to it.
Almost the same if you ever asked me, " Do you "do" air?".
Some state that everything you do and experience is meditation, others restrict it to a formula or strict focused practice. It is all these things.

When I "think" of meditation certain terms dominate my thoughts in terms of "doing" or "being" meditation, and these seem to be universal to all forms of "meditation"...(others could add religious, God, spirits, spiritual, energetic aspects at the apex of their considerations...as the history of meditation demands these considerations). But I will keep mine more related to "self" terms of reference.

Mind
Intent
Body

I find that it is more helpful and profound to experience meditation with a physical or somatic component of verification to the mind and the added benefit to physical and emotional health.
This establishing of tangible evidence through the soma to the belief system in the initial stages is a good foundation to the more mental or even spiritual aspects that one may later practice.
This usually is achieved best by using a de-mystified version of meditation practice.
The Indian systems are elaborate, complicated, time consuming and have a lot of esoterica included in them. This can be overwhelming and mis-interpreted by the western mindset. So perhaps best to enter the arena with interpretations and derivations that may be more in alignment with your established mindset.
This leads into the realm of somatic psychology.

My first experience was sitting down with an electronic heart rate monitor and just mentally relaxing myself with the intent of slowing down my heart rate as much as possible. This is a great and basic way to show just how your mind can do something with little effort other than just thinking about it. In a short time, and with practice, it is quite interesting to see how low one can make their heart beat below normal resting rate.

This leads into using some inexpensive biofeedback devices or computer for verification on certain physiological processes to be affected by the mind. This knowing of your mind's power over physiology is good verification and mental support toward future practice.
Now I think even some type of brain wave measuring devices are now possible to acquire and use with a home computer to give you more information.

I first experimented with autogenic training as this focuses on the mind influencing the body. (coupled with another practice of mental inner positive self-talk and recorded audio positive self talk to the conscious mind rather than auto-suggestion or hypnosis to the subconscious.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autogenic_training

I also initially used Jacobson's Progressive Muscle Relaxation methods...as this focuses the body more toward the mind as compared to autogenic training. I felt the approaches came from the opposite ends of intent and used together would be somewhat...complete in a sense...in regard to addressing a duality of mind and body should one drift from a sense of holism in their philosophies.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson%27s_Progressive_Muscle_Relaxation

These two systems are quite old dating back to the twenties or thirties. But there are studies to show their effectiveness. Their lack of religion, esoterics and meandering philosophies make them good entry level considerations into the realm of meditation.

Once realizing the above to a degree I then experimented with meditation in the context of "stillness and spontaneous thought" methods.

From there I made a modest exploration into hypnosis and neuro-linguistic programming. I personally do not include these in my personal definition of "meditation", but more of "mind sciences" and there are sharings and overlaps between the two.

I then picked up some very detailed books and materials related to Indian methods of meditation. While also touching upon Buddhist methods at this time, I have found that I do not naturally gravitate toward them with interest at all.

From there I studied the Taoist methods of internal alchemy and internal energy arts for both health and martial applications. And this grabbed my attention greatly, even to this day. But I do not abandon earlier methods or parts of them from my own definition and practice of meditation.

The process of defining, learning and interpreting meditation is a lot like shopping for a used car. (What model, color, mileage, possible breakdowns, etc.)

I think it is important to examine mindsets in terms of "holism" and "duality" when it comes to meditation. Certain schools come from a mindset of holism and this tends to agree with me as being ideal, but not strictly to the detriment of considering the concept of duality as well.
But...meditation is not philosophy.
I gave up traditional philosophy for the most part in lieu of meditation and other practices long ago. I am my best philosopher.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 04 Jan 2011, 04:33

Qsc, Thats an excellent write up on meditation as youve experienced it and a lot to consider for myself there.

I will just lay out my current situation at this moment
I was looking into especially TM meditation and decided that I was eager to try some form of meditation technique so that I could then talk about it from real experience

problem was, that TM is not for me, at least, the way it has to be accessed , so then I looked around at other systems , that were claiming great effects .

What I concluded was that some systems similar to tm and tm itself, use a particular technique in conjunction with a single or dual sylable mantra that is given to the student by the trainers .

I have aquired a technique , which initially calls for 2 of sessions daily ...if possible...and using a silent mantra.

The key element being, that I have designed or conjured up my very own mantra that no other person is aware off it , I felt this was a most important point for me .
Because the mantra is a silent one, i see it more as a tool to aquire a particular mindstatus rather than having exceptional importance in its formation

As I think about what is going on in my mind in a waking day , this is how I perceive it

Various thoughts come into my mind and some of them , I dwell on
Its like my mind is a receiver of thoughts and a contemplator of some of these thoughts

It does not occur to most people that the activity in the mind almost seems to perpetuate its own generation and its only by attempting a meditation that the “insistency” of thinking is first experienced as a real force and then opposed

I am taking notes in the effects of this technique, initially , I encountered unconscious body movements, like my head falling back, then it was really difficult to halt mind chatter interfering with the mantra. So far, all my meditation-resistant effects co-relate with a lot of effects that are documented as experienced in the early stages of learning the technique.

On the positive side, I have noticed that I am sleeping much longer and deeper with increase of dream activity, for example I always slept great or so I thought before, but now instead of 6 hours, im putting in 7 and a half hour sleeps without awaking since I started
I also feel a subtle change in awareness during the day

But im also aware that whenever I try something new that I may enjoy, initially there is always a euphoric spell , time will be the test of the true effect .

But it is good to be trying out something new on the consciousness , and I recommend anyone whom has not tried meditation to experiment

Some basic rules apply for me, which I picked up , only do it after you have digested your food, dont drink or take drugs etc , sit up in a comfy chair in a quiet area.
This is a strictly clarity minded heightened awareness experiment for me

I will try and rec ord the more obvious effects whilst also holding a gaze in anything more subtle that has endurance

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Tue 04 Jan 2011, 10:28

It is important to look toward Hatha Yoga as preparation for more advance meditation techniques...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatha_yoga

Hatha yoga is about cleansing in many different ways.
The Shatkarmas are meditations themselves but of a cleansing nature.
I find them to be quite useful. Particularly the nasal cleansing and trataka or candle gazing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shatkarma

Again, these are with the somatic connection and are not exclusive cerebral techniques. The purely mental meditation practices are more advanced and one must define their intent with pursuing such practices and personal instruction may also be ideal at some point.

quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 04 Jan 2011, 13:29

ok i am keeping everything you advise in close attention qsc because the mind is a very unknown quantity in many ways and always better to tread with caution and the wisdom that has been harnessed through the ages from those before

One aspect that fascinates me, is that sometimes, just in my short time attempting, something can just enter the mind that has/had no connection to awake thoughts , like its appearing from the same source as the dreams do, this is something that is of great interest , that source.
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 04 Jan 2011, 19:34

Would like to try one of those tank experiences flames, can do a mock part imitation with a nice bath rich in salts , but that would not come close to the controlled scenario in tank, but just lounging in a hot bath can begin to autimatically send the consciousness in deep

Was checking that Hatha link you put up quicksilver, and it led me to Japa on wiki
Japa (Sanskrit: जप) is a spiritual discipline involving the meditative repetition of a mantra or name of God. The mantra or name may be spoken softly, enough for the practitioner to hear it, or it may be spoken purely within the recitor's mind. Japa may be performed while sitting in a meditation posture, while performing other activities, or as part of formal worship in group settings. The practice of repetitive prayer is present in varied forms within most religions in the world, although the religions of India generally give more emphasis to it as a specific discipline.
The Sanskrit word japa is derived from the root jap-, meaning "to utter in a low voice, repeat internally, mutter"

and this text from ananda

WHAT IS JAPA ?

Repetition of any Mantra or Name of the Lord is known as Japa. Japa is an important Anga of Yoga. It is a spiritual food for the hungry soul. Japa is the rod in the hand of the blind Sadhakas (aspirants) to plod on the road to Realization. Japa is the philosopher's stone or divine elixir that makes one God-like. In this iron age, practice of Japa alone can give eternal Peace, Bliss and Immortality.

Japa is repetition of the Mantra. Dhyana is meditation on the form of the Lord with His attributes. There is meditation or Dhyana with Japa (Japa-Sahita-Dhyana); there is meditation or Dhyana without Japa (Japa-Rahita-Dhyana). In the beginning you should combine Dhyana with Japa. As you advance the Japa drops by itself; meditation only remains. It is an advanced stage. You can then practice concentration separately. You can do whatever you like best in this respect.

Name (Nama) and the object (Rupa) signified by the Name are inseparable. Thought and word are inseparable. Whenever you think of the name of your son, his figure stands before your mental eye, and vice versa. Even so when you do Japa of Rama, Krishna or Christ, the picture of Rama, Krishna or Christ will come before your mind. Therefore Japa and Dhyana go together. They are inseparable.

Do the Japa with feeling. Know the meaning of the Mantra. Feel God's presence in everything and everywhere. Draw closer and nearer to Him when you repeat the Japa. Think He is shining in the chambers of your heart. He is witnessing your repetition of the Mantra as He is the witness of your mind.

MANTRA

'Mananat-trayate iti Mantrah' - By the Manana (constant thinking or recollection) of which one is protected or is released from the round of births and deaths, is Mantra. That is called Mantra by the meditation (Manana) on which the Jiva or the individual soul attains freedom from sin, enjoyment in heaven and final liberation, and by the aid of which it attains in full the fourfold fruit (Chaturvarga), i.e., Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha. A Mantra is so called because it is achieved by the mental process. The root 'Man' in the word Mantra comes from the first syllable of that word, meaning 'to think', and 'Tra' from 'Trai' meaning 'to protect' or 'free' from the bondage of Samsara or the phenomenal world. By the combination of 'Man' and 'Tra' comes Mantra.

A Mantra is divinity encased within a sound-structure. It is divine power or Daivi Sakti manifesting in a sound-body. The Mantra is itself Devata.

The sacred Mantra or the Divine Name is a vital symbol of the Supreme Divinity directly revealed in the innermost depths of divine communion to the sages of Self-realization in the hoary Vedic and Upanishadic times. These symbols are in the nature of unfailing keys to gain access into the transcendental realms of absolute experience.
http://www.dlshq.org/teachings/japayoga.htm

I see that there are distinct co-relations with the very basic thing i am engaging, although i have not the deity relationship talked about, but i can input my own more rationalised version of that
Japa seems to be the mantra repetition which is a vehicle that leads to the dhyana meditative state ....access into the transcendental realms of absolute experience
The bit about thought and word becoming inseparable may be a description of the concept of "visions"
a visionary perception replacing the standard thought generation whilst the meditative phase been achieved .

I see that many disciplines do interpret the mantra choice of word itself as being very crucial in that it is a representation of something godly
Rather than import someoneelses, i have designed my own, with its meaning for me, in my experiment

I also noted that they use mantra writing and mantra chanting as a means to train the mantra into consciousness if a person is overrun by distractions , i can see that writing would be a powerful way and also the vocal chant , but i have gone straight to the silent process as i already have excellent inner mind discipline .

In some ways, im sure areas of this process can be utilised for people regaining control of their essential self-awareness but the most important thing is have a clear intent of what one is attempting to achieve, for just to follow some system blindly that may involve elements of psychological trance / hypnosis is a recipe to disaster.

i remember being acosted many years ago in the streets of edinburgh by a hari krishna woman, she was quite interesting, but finally what her downfall was in her attempt at making me a believer, was that she was trying to communicate to me some system that she had learned, but that had no input of hers personally in it , therefore her message lacked the true penetration of her own individuality for me , which is only possible when a persona has formed their own philosophy of understanding from their own trials and tribulations
To me, she was still a pupil at school , trying to entol other pupils , and i was seeking the company of masters at that time , masters of their selfs or at least aspiring ones

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Thu 06 Jan 2011, 23:40

Just curious, have any of you ever done the isolation tank?

No, but I know a friend that uses one often and used it often in conjunction with his university studies. He would do a preliminary quiet period in the tank and then pipe in audio recordings of his professor's lectures. He swears it did wonders for his learning, memory and recall.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next