DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Health Thread

+9
Blackbird
rainyday
SunoftheMourning
hrblsh
KapitanScarlet
Flames
quicksilvercrescendo
seraphim
tgII
13 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Health Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Health Thread

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Mon 01 Feb 2010, 19:25

I can appreciate this woman's (in the video in the previous post) intent behind her efforts concerning diet and making a recipe video to share with others.
But...I...am here now...and ready to shred on this thread.

My criticisms or areas of contention would be...

1. Does this lady look healthy to begin with? No. She looks like she is easily 40 pounds overweight and all of it is right in her gut, which is a sign of morbid obesity and arriving and being in that state, in and of itself, is an extreme detriment to one's health. Even the lack of tone of the abdominal wall is causing her internal organs to slump forward and reducing their ability to function, including creating a sluggish colon and a colon that is stressed. Even this physiological imposition due to the position/posture of the internal organs and the tonus of the abdomen can contribute greatly to internal toxicity, a decreased quality of health and lifespan, no matter what you eat. Anyone with this "Dunlap" disease (meaning your belly has "done lapped" over your belt) should make it their highest priority to return their girth back to optimal measurements and instill abdominal tone to the muscle wall and underlying internal organs. The triple chin will disappear as a side-bonus. The last thing you should be making and eating is bread, but maybe, a salad. If you are overweight and overfat and need carbs, then only whole grains soaked and cooked properly three times a week to once a day is all you need to keep your liver's glycogen levels up. Any additional energy would come from the sugars from fruits. But consumption of flours is going to spike her blood sugar and throw off the that whole mechanism which is most likely already compromised due to her apparent obesity and sluggish metabolism.

2. She cites the use of eggs as being not a part of her recipe. Unless you are allergic to eggs, eggs are one of the most complete and healthiest foods you can eat. The cholesterol issue of eggs in the past is actually a farce and has already been overturned because you actually need this type of cholesterol for your brain, nervous system and certain vitamin synthesis. Cholesterol is a false indicator of heart disease as well.

3. She uses ghee. Which is fine and is actually a medicinal food, as is butter. But, she microwaves her ghee. Eh...microwave ovens are proven to create changes in the food that can lead to leukemia and certain cancers. They also all leak some amount of radiation into the area. The negative effects of microwaves on food was found out when baby formula in hospitals were being warmed in microwaves and all the babies were getting sick from drinking it. It was better to use the old method of warming baby bottles in vats of hot water. The baby's blood tests were actually showing signs of pre-leukemia changes. Throw out the microwave...the detriment to health is proven and the convenience factor not worth the trade-off. I actually can't believe that people still use microwave ovens at all.

4. She uses xylitol. Which has recently become a much-touted replacement for sugar. I am aware of its promoted benefits and have tried it, but it is a highly refined product. And highly refined food products, even from natural sources, end up having negatives. But because this product is new...those affects may not yet be realized. Read up on xylitol on wikipedia and amongst its positives one can also get a sense of the potential negatives from a highly refined product. I feel the xylitol "craze" is mass promotion just like soy.
Her promotion of rapadura is a good one, as a non-refined sugar. She could also suggest date sugar. But they tend to be contributors to acid ph in the body and many detrimental blood sugar problems just like white refined sugar, but are still better choices.
But, the best would be to use raw, unfiltered organic/high quality honey or maguey/agave nectar....as these two sweeteners are actually alkaline forming in the body and not acid forming.

5. There is a controversy regarding baking soda and how it is chemically processed. There are many brands that do not contain aluminum and there are some brands that do.

Arm & Hammer Brand of baking soda...
A byproduct of Aluminium smelting/processing is Bicarbonate of soda ( baking soda). Do not use baking soda which has had aluminum added to it, such as Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. Today Arm & Hammer company produces almost all the baking soda that is used in the United States. Alcoa sells its Baking Soda byproduct to Arm & Hammer. Buy a product which specifically states it does not include aluminum or other chemicals.

Now, if you know anything about the company ALCOA and their involvement of being the company to provide the fluoride in municipal water supplies in the U.S., then you would do well to avoid any product they have their hands in. The fluoride they sell to local water municipalities, especially Florida where they have aluminum refining going on, comes from their toxic waste of fluoride, as a byproduct of their aluminum refining, to water suppliers and it is added and touted as being good for your teeth. Most people are familiar with the health and mental effects of fluoride. Do you trust this same supplier of toxic waste who sells it to Arm & Hammer to have your best interests at heart?

Hulda Clark says some Baking Soda is polluted with Benzene and most brands contain aluminum even if it does not mention this in the ingredients. Do not use Baking Powder as most Baking Powder does contain aluminum. Baking Powder is just 1:1 Baking Soda and Tartaric acid aka Cream of Tartar.

So, even on a package of baking soda that says it is aluminum free, you still may find the chemical benzene. But this you would have to actually test for yourself to find out. So I buy my baking soda from my local pharmacy in its purest medicinal form and by its chemical name...sodium bicarbonate...at least for all my ingesting or cooking needs, thereby taking an extra step to assure there is no aluminum, benzene or other nastiness in my baking soda.

These considerations would be much higher on my list of priorities that how much gluten was in my flour. Unless I was one of the .5-1% of the 330 million U.S. population that has celiac disease, or someone with a positive gluten allergy or sensitivity.

And I will address the "gluten issue" and "wheat" in a follow up post.

Last edited by quicksilvercrescendo on Mon 01 Feb 2010, 23:19; edited 1 time in total
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  tgII Fri 05 Feb 2010, 06:02

Flames, suggestion, we've been led to actually think early to bed
early to rise.

That's bullshit, of course, taking work into consideration, it is actually
shown that late to bed late to rise is far better, the mind is extremely
active at night. Some of my best thinking and contemplation goes on
while the rest of the world sleeps.
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Fri 05 Feb 2010, 08:00

im terrible for getting to bed late and then having to get up earli even although i might only get 5 hours sleep , but theres nothing better than not having to get up early which i enjoy on regular occassions because i hate to disturb sleep
But in general 6 to 6.5 hrs is good for me on normal activity with a 7 thrown in every few days maybe

yeah at midnight the mind starts to warm up
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Fri 05 Feb 2010, 22:44

grrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad You got krill oil!!
Hey flames, I noticed that on a full moon I could be up all night too, and wasn't it full lately. I don't sleep as much as I used to but I could sleep forever and ever and ever. It's very important, especially since I work out many things in my sleep.
Depending on what's causing you not to sleep, it could be different things, for me it's either the moon or stress. I use liquid herbal muscle relaxants like scullcap and passionflower, the main ones, with dogwood and betony added. That helps me, others like to use the horomone melatonin. Have to experiment for yourself.
It's all about balancing the neurochemicals.

I found some fascinating information on some things you and others might be interested in. I've learned some of these before, but Steiner sure does have some brilliant insights. Dr. Cowan also, how good a person is feeling mentally as well as their immune system is directly related to stress levels. He says that endorphins are the key to health. No wonder when stressed out I like chocolate, and if I smoked grass I would crave that instead. Those are sources of the feel good horomone.

Some other quotes:
Just think of how clever your body is! It hooks up your immune system— your protection against bacteria, viruses, cancer and autoimmune disease—with the chemicals that determine how you feel about life. This is a very profound statement by the body. In other words, if you find yourself saying, “I don’t feel very good, I don’t really like my life, it’s not going very well,” but don’t make any changes to remedy the situation, this chronic condition of feeling bad will have a profound impact on your immune function and even on your propensity to get immune-related illnesses such as cancer. If you’re feeling bad, you’re not supplying your immune system with the fuel it needs to function properly. So how you feel is not just emotional matter. There is no division of body here and mind there. There’s just you. How you function and how you feel about how you function is a direct reflection and manifestation of how your body will work. One of the best ways of seeing this is through this whole endorphin story. The endorphins control the immune system.

Let’s switch gears now and talk about a very interesting medicine called naltrexone. Naltrexone was created in the late 1970s as a drug to treat heroin overdose. This was around the time when there was a lot of heroin use in this country. When you overdose on heroin it depresses your respiratory centers and you go into respiratory arrest and then die. So the pharmaceutical industry spent some time looking for an antidote to heroin overdose and they came up with naltrexone.

Having worked in emergency rooms for ten years on and off, I have prescribed it myself. A person overdoses with heroin, you give him 300 mg naltrexone by IV, and it immediately reverses the respiratory decline from the heroin. The patient wakes up, walks out the door and goes and uses heroin again. Great stuff!

Nevertheless, a number of doctors in the early 1980s decided to see whether naltrexone could help heroin addicts recover from their addiction. They treated a group of heroin addicts, many of whom had AIDS and other immune problems, with 50 mg of oral naltrexone. Two things happened. One, the oral naltrexone bound with the opiate receptors and competitively blocked them. Heroin is like a key that goes into the cell, which has a specifically designed lock that fits only opiates. This is another example, as Rudolf Steiner said, of the opiates being made in a certain relationship to the human being. We actually have receptors for poppy opiate chemicals that live out there in nature.

When they gave these people 50 mg of oral naltrexone, it blocked the receptors and heroin wouldn’t make them high. So the addicts said, “We’d rather be dead than take this stuff.” Naltrexone failed as an opiate heroin addiction medicine because all the addicts who used it felt terrible all the time.

Why did it make them feel so bad? That question led to the discovery of something probably everybody has heard of, which are endorphins, our body’s own feel-good chemicals. Endorphins comprise a category of at least twenty neuro-hormones, meaning hormone-like chemicals that are made in the nervous system and other places in the body, specifically in the adrenal glands. Some of these are biochemical copies of the opiates the poppy plant (source of morphine) makes, or perhaps we should say that the opiates the poppy plant makes are biochemical copies of the endorphins we make in our bodies. The same is true for the cannabinoids— our bodies make the same chemicals the marijuana plant makes.

Rudolf Steiner would put it like this: when the nervous system was organizing itself into a functional system, it made neural chemicals, the endorphins, in our body. As a reservoir, it put the poppy plant and the marijuana plant on the outside world as free, growing plants. As all heroin addicts have learned, if your own opiates are not being produced, or the receptors are not working (probably because of dietary choices that you have made for many years), you have a strong urge to reunite with the identical chemicals produced in the world outside yourself. They make you feel good for a while until they wear off. And of course, because they are not carefully regulated like the ones in our bodies, those from nature have terrible side effects.

The failure of naltrexone for heroin addiction directly led to the discovery of endorphins and to the discovery that feeling good, having an elevated mood, has something to do with the chemicals in our body. The research also confirmed the fact that the world out there is a mirror of the world inside ourselves.

The next step in this story involved a neurologist and immunologist named Bernard Bahari in New York City, who had a lot of AIDS patients who were heroin addicts. He had the insight to check their endorphin levels. Lo and behold he found that their endorphin levels were extremely low, maybe as a consequence of taking heroin but maybe just naturally occurring. If you take heroin it actually suppresses endorphin production, so it’s hard to know which comes first.

The next discovery was even more amazing. The researchers isolated the T-cells and found that most of the receptors on the cells of the immune system—the B-cells, T-cells, thymus cells and so forth— are endorphin receptors. That’s right, over 90 percent of the receptors on all the immune cells of our bodies are endorphin receptors. These cells are like an endorphin-coding apparatus. Here’s another way of saying it: the endorphins are the fuel for the proper functioning of our immune system. Without endorphins, the B-cells don’t work, the T-cells don’t work, and eventually our immune system starts misbehaving.
http://www.westonaprice.org/Moods-and-the-Immune-System.html
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Fri 05 Feb 2010, 23:26

As for this thread, I couldn't wait to roll it up, light it and let it burn..... Laughing
I have written about cholesterol before and experimented with raw animal fats, including raw meat, quicksilvercrescendo, a reminder that all the sex horomones are also made of that. And here is some more info to add to that and some other research.
The world out there is a mirror to what's inside one.

What is Illness?
We now come to the question, “What is an illness?” According to this line of thinking, an illness is a situation where at a particular place in your life, you need to be reunited with something in the natural world outside yourself, say, with the digitalis plant, for your future health and evolution to progress. The disease represents an inner need for reunification with something that was cast out of you into the world, and you need to have it brought back. So the process of healing is a kind of reunification process, reunification with something we prematurely lost as a human being. In this way of thinking, the world out there was created as a reservoir for us so that when we need to be reunited, it exists out there in a form that we can use. That’s a really different view of medicine!

If you want to restore healthy bile flow, what do you do? There are two actions necessary. One is to make different choices, which means eating healthy fats, eating healthy cholesterol, and therefore making healthy bile acids which help digest the fats properly. The other is to look for a substance out there in the world that represents bile flow.[b]

[b]Steiner often described plants as three-fold, flipped-upside-down versions of the human being. The human body has three main areas, the head, the heart and lungs, and the belly or metabolic area where digestion and reproduction take place. Plants are organized in the same way, only flipped upside down. The nerve or head pole of the plant is in the roots, where the plant senses environmental conditions and takes in nutrients; the breathing is in the leaves; and the metabolicreproductive pole is in the flowers.

One plant that stimulates the healthy flow of bile is called Chelidonium major, which has a bilious fluid in the roots. According to what’s called the doctrine of signatures, you can see from the way a plant grows, and from what the plant does differently from other plants, what this plant is telling you. Chelidonium major tells us, “I am the reunification of the stimulation of healthy bile flow.” So you extract the plant, make a preparation, reunite that with the human being and end up with healthy bile flow. Healthy bile flow plus conscious choices about food and how you live, that’s a different kind of healing, true healing that involves reunification and an education of the human being so that his or her life is better. That’s what we’re looking for.

So the job of a doctor is to read the book of nature and to understand what it is that the human being is expressing, where that similar phenomenon is expressed in nature, and then reunify them to create a healing.

Alot of people on pharma reducing cholesterol meds not only can have severe liver side affects from them, and even worse if the elderly don't get enough cholesterol they can die, and that's what is happening, they are being bled of their cholesterol.
Here’s another example. What’s the hallmark of Parkinson’s disease? There’s tremor, shuffling gait and so forth, but these are characteristic of a number of diseases. But there’s one thing about Parkinson’s disease that’s very distinct, very unusual and almost spooky. The essence of Parkinson’s manifests in the face with staring, with a wide-eyed, blank face. Where do you see that in nature? You see it in the octopus, which seems to be all head. The whole thing appears to be a head floating in the ocean with an unblinking eye staring out at you. It looks for all the world like the picture of a Parkinsonian face. The octopus is the picture of Parkinson’s floating in the ocean.

Here’s where it gets interesting. Inside the octopus you find a dark liquid called sepia. They used to use sepia as ink. In fact the US Constitution was written with sepia ink. So you have this picture of a blank staring face secreting a puff of black inky juice which is how it wards off predators so they don’t see it. The site of the pathology in Parkinson’s is in the substantia nigra, which means “black substance.” In the very deep part of the brain there’s a little gland called the substantia nigra which secretes black inky juice. This juice contains dopamine and other neuro-hormones, which supposedly are deficient in the case of Parkinson’s. Like the bile salts, many of these neuro-hormones are made of cholesterol. So in addition to requiring unification with something in the outer world, the Parkinson’s patient also needs to make changes in his or her diet.

Thus we now have a picture of the Parkinson’s patient, who for many years chose a deficient diet, resulting in a lack of neuro-hormone production in the substantia nigra, now needing reunification with a certain kind of octopus right down into its black inky juice. That substance can be supplied with homeopathic sepia, made from black ink from a similar species, the squid. Lifestyle choices are also involved because there are certain environmental poisons, such as agricultural chemicals and trans fats, which specifically target the substantia nigra.

So, we really have a very different concept about what we mean by medicine and what healing is, which is a kind of reunification combined with education about the choices that led you to develop the disease in the first place.
Now that is juicy!
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sat 06 Feb 2010, 12:28

It is because of hormone levels that I think it is better to eat herbivores that are smaller...like sheep and deer over cows.
And that cow meat should be eaten in no more than a 4 oz. portion and less often than other meats of smaller herbivores.
And the kosher or halel style of slaughter also reducing blood/hormone content of the meat.

And I find that eating fish and non-carnivorous birds to NOT slow down my system.

Which means the hormone levels of these animals in their blood won't be so interactive with my own.
Boiling fish carcasses with the bones and organs and making broth will actually supply you with a good amount of usable hormone substances and nutrient analogs.

Last edited by quicksilvercrescendo on Sat 06 Feb 2010, 17:33; edited 1 time in total
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 06 Feb 2010, 14:29

There’s just you. How you function and how you feel about how you function is a direct reflection and manifestation of how your body will work. One of the best ways of seeing this is through this whole endorphin story. The endorphins control the immune system.

i drinka that juice . it ees very good for me, endorphins also can be heavily influenced by "attitude" which in itself can be heavily influenced by the active conscious i
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sat 06 Feb 2010, 22:21

Kapis that's just you isn't it....an endorphin LOL

quicksilvercrescendo, I choose lamb to eat mostly raw, I may have marinated it, and it kept me in good condition. I'll throw out a few recipes. I didn't notice an imbalance in horomones, but that's a good idea. Only if I eat foods that do which is mostly sugar. And of course stress throws off my horomones the most. I can tell because if the weeks or month before my cycle is stressfull, then I get a few pms symptoms. Thankly not too bad for me.

I had a bad experience with sugar. I had stopped eating processed, preservatives foods and all that for a long time and only ate the good sugars and honey. Then one day I had just one bite of a cinammon roll, probably full of not so good things, and I literally passed out. It really threw my body for a loop, but I slowly got used to eating those kind of foods once in a blue moon, so I can tolerate them more now.
I apologize to my body, the things we put them through!
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 07 Feb 2010, 01:01

To endorph or not too endorph...i sometimes wish things were so clear Crying or Very sad

The relationship between ones thoughts and emotions relating to the past, the present...especially the present, and the future is an exceptionally important area of concern regarding health, and evolving awareness of the psychology of being in interaction and isolation

People seem to be initially brought up on a sort of conditioned emotional autopilot which takes them on a certain direction of evolution, then at some point in their life, circumstances begin to dictate conflict between their thoughts and emotions... the real adult game begins.
At that point, they can take only 3 routes, remain passively ignorant and continue encountering the cycle of conflict at periodic instances in their lifes , or they can consciously choose to ignore this conflict by importing a dogma to live by, superimposing itself over any inkling of originality that tries to scream from them, thus disconnecting them from their own centre and beginning their road to spiritual slavery
Or they can begin to observe this conflict , how it affects them and others they encounter , also how its reflection is actually their own secret tutor of being

Endorphin flow can be directly released by intention , i beleive, dependent on the harmonious development of their self
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 09 Feb 2010, 22:50

observe me as a real live longterm experiment on mobile phone usage , been using them since 1989 with the big analogue car mounted style onwards , then had the first digital phone in the uk on metrodigital (hutchinson branch i think) back in 93, and using on average 15 to 20 minutes per day

Everything still functioning fine as i type Cool but im sure everyone has differing reactions to electro waves
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sun 21 Feb 2010, 08:55

They say the gut is a second brain, is the uterus a second heart..........what if.........
(Excuse the translation, plus the little research that is out there, it may not make much sense.)
Turning to labor after this little digression: the sexual system, which activates muscle reflex in different parts of the body is the same, but the muscles of the uterus does not look anything like the thin layers myoepithelial breast or vagina: the uterine muscles are anatomically more powerful and strong in the human body, in view of the impressive work they have to do in order to exit the fetus from the birth canal narrowed like the bipedalism of our species.

It is said that narrowing the problem this posed for the birth was resolved with premature birth (Or not born as mature as almost all other animals are). But not entirely accurate. If a premature birth alone would have resolved the issue, no doubt there would be more upright mammals. The human species is not the only one who is born prematurely and neoteny is not a human-specific phenomenon. The resolution of the contradiction entailed, in addition to prematurity, a sexual development unprecedented in the evolutionary chain, ie a development which itself is unique and specific to humans, to promote the great movement of the muscles of the uterus: female orgasm, because pleasure is produced by the pulsating movement (vibration, shaking, beat) of muscle tissue, whose expansion perceive movement with the sensation of pleasure.

The magnitude of the uterine muscle fibers is a measure of the expansive force of the misnamed contractions of the uterus (and I say misnamed because it is actually a contraction-relaxation movement, systole and diastole, fibers shrink and then are stretched, they shrink again and re-stretch ...) I mean, that the expansive force of the heartbeat of the uterus is much more important than muscle fibers in the breast or vagina.

Then, the relationship between the breast, uterus and vagina is because oxytocin travels through the bloodstream and reaches its receptors where they are, namely in so-called erogenous zones of the body, and when a movement is triggered more or less simultaneously in these areas, we feel a connection between them (the meridians drawn by pleasure Neolithic art) attributed the relationship between breasts and womb, connections of the nervous system, but 'connection' not done by the nervous system (nerve impulses), but the sexual system, using oxytocin in the bloodstream, where it is attached to suitable recipients. This explains why sexual arousal in the breast spreads to the uterus, and that the process of expanding the pleasure you can start anywhere, but keeping and ending in orgasm, always involves the uterus, the organ of greater muscle mass and has or should have as much oxytocin receptors (as of course the state of the uterus, a gynecologist told me that the uteri were often operating in a state atrophic impressive).

It must be said that the uterus is a third type of muscle fibers that form an inner layer in the uterine wall of the bag. They are the muscles that surround blood vessels figure eights and spirals, and their function is to stimulate and activate the blood supply to provide the oxygen needed for the hard work that makes the uterus, and to remove waste material. Little by little we understand the keys of the great potential and great ability orgastic female.
The internal disconnect in a woman's body has allowed the concealment of the role of sexuality in the uterus, so for example, the 'yoni' of the treaties of Tantric sexuality, literally means 'womb', yet has resulted in vagina because of one's beliefs on sexuality, the uterus does not exist. But whatever they say in manuals on sexuality, feel or not, the uterus is the organ of pleasure of quintessential expansion. The operation and the size of the uterus muscle, as I explained in the famous female orgastic ability shown by Serrano Vicens, who proved that this capacity is neither myth nor disease, and that nymphomania is a slanderous and misogynist epithet to try to make abnormal and pathological what is normal and natural.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.casildarodriganez.org/&ei=niV6S7SzJJSCsgPXjcTLCA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAsQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DCasilda%2BRodriganez%26hl%3Den

While we in the West are just starting to understand the relationship between moods and hormonal shifts, these concepts were outlined in Chinese medical texts thousands of years ago. These books describe the connection between emotional states and hormonal balance as the relationship between the heart and the uterus. Rather than the brain being the organ that determines behavior, in Chinese medical theory, this is the heart’s domain.The written Chinese language is comprised of characters which are essentially simplified pictures. The characters for the heart protector and the uterus are almost identical. The difference is that the character for uterus encompasses the concept of “flesh”. As the Heart pumps blood, the uterus also rhythmically fills and empties with blood. The heart beat indicates the surging of life, while the uterus is where life grows and is protected. Thus, the uterus functions as a woman’s second heart.

The heart and the uterus communicate with each other via the bao mai which literally translates to “uterus vessel”. Every month blood comes down from the heart through the bao mai and settles in the uterus, allowing the uterus potential to nourish an embryo
http://acupuncturesantacruz.net/?p=85

The Chinese and most likey other ancient cultures knew what the uterus really was, but why not anymore??
Western medicine can tell me the physical characteristics of my uterus in great detail, particularly in relation to reproduction. The only thing it can't tell me, on the physical level, is the detailed structure of my abdominal nervous system, and hence how or whether my uterus is involved in sexual response and orgasm. That hasn't been researched yet.

http://www.ericfrancis.com/issues/hyst-option/uterus.html

Rainyday and the gals out there or guys, what do you think of this?
The passion as birth is revealed as an integral part of woman's sexuality and a neglected human right.
http://www.orgasmicbirth.com
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sat 27 Feb 2010, 20:26

Coffee...

Kona bean coffee is considered one of the best. I sampled some during a three month stay in the Hawaiian Islands.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kona_coffee

The Jamaican Blue Mountain variety of bean is also considered one of the best. I sampled some during a one month trip in Jamaica.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_Blue_Mountain_Coffee

But it really just comes down to personal preference. I would always try to buy a good quality and preferably even an organic variety of coffee to avoid chemicals. I would avoid instant and/or de-caffeinated varieties because of added chemicals during their processing. Of course, the sooner you grind and then brew the beans, the better they will also taste.

Even some commercial or common brands of coffee can be quite good.
Consumer search provides some suggestions...consumer search is mostly for U.S. shoppers...but their information on products will tell you what to shop for.
http://www.consumersearch.com/coffee

Consumer search reco's for coffee bean grinders...
http://www.consumersearch.com/coffee-grinders

I have a french press and prefer this method to make a few cups of coffee. The taste is excellent. But I mostly make it for company that I now like after-dinner coffee.
I also have a very good machine should I have a small group of people over that can supply more coffee. It, too, tastes very good. So a quality machine can produce excellent coffee should you need the convenience of serving many people.

Consumer search reco's for coffee machines...
http://www.consumersearch.com/coffee-maker-reviews

Here is the deal with coffee.
If you suffer from any type of mental or nervous disorder that may be aggravated by stimulants, then avoid coffee. If you suffer from negative stress regarding life circumstances or lifestyle, then also consider not drinking coffee or consuming caffeine. If you have problems sleeping or relaxing, then avoid coffee.
Caffeine is also addictive. And some people, over time, may require increased amounts to get the same level of stimulation that a lesser amount may have provided previously. Then there is a rebound effect from quitting caffeine and withdrawal symptoms. Headaches and irritability are common withdrawal symptoms.

Barring these conditions and considerations I have found that one cup, that is one measuring cup of coffee a day, at the beginning of the day can be a beneficial beverage. Maybe two measuring cups for someone weighing in over 175lbs. This is without adding any white sugar as white sugar is a chemical poison and will be somewhat detrimental to the benefit of coffee. Some cream or milk added is fine. For sweetener you can try a bit of honey or if you don't like the taste of honey, then try the neutral tasting organic agave nectar also called maguey. Organic agave nectar/syrup is probably my favorite sweetener of all time.

One cup of good quality coffee can dilate the blood vessels and "get things moving" in the morning in a good way. The problem is that when you take coffee over this amount then the body reacts differently to the caffeine. A small amount of caffeine, one cup, is a medicinal dose dilating the vessels and awakening the system. More than this will actually cause the body to restrict the blood vessels and cause chemical stress to some of the body's systems. It can also, over time, in large amounts, negatively impact your own natural energy production from the adrenal glands. When more than one cup is taken in, the caffeine dose is recognized as more of a toxin and the body constricts blood flow in a defensive effort to stop the spreading through the body of something it would now regard as more of a poison. So one cup, maybe two depending on bodyweight, is about as much as you need. This low dosage of one cup of coffee can also be of benefit in cold winter climates where morning circulation may also be slowed due to temperature.

Coffee, in excess, , I believe, may contain certain alkyloids that might have a connection with prostrate stress or problems with the prostrate later in life. You will have to verify this all the details not fresh in my memory.

And caffeine is a diuretic which means it takes out more water from the body than it puts in. So you should be consuming adequate daily water intake plus a bit more to compensate with caffeine consumption.

I don't drink coffee at all and avoid caffeine as much a possible, as I am sensitive to its stimulating effects and it causes me not to be able to sleep at night or as soundly.'

But I do drink green tea which has some caffeine, but I find it does not affect my sleep and I get the supposed benefits to my immune system and a cup of warm, not hot, green tea after yoga or chi gong practice is what my teacher suggested is good for the chi
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sat 27 Feb 2010, 23:00

Very good quicksilvercrescendo. I have a French press but used it to make herbal teas. I can't do caffeine either. But coffee done in the way you said is just fine. What makes coffee so bad is when people put the lumps of sugar in it. And get addicted to the caffeine.

Green tea is amazing. Not only is it an antioxidant, but it literally burns off fat. And is one of the best, least expensive remedies for allergies.

Sorry Flames, I'm not a coffee expert and don't do good at all on stimulants. But since coffee comes from a plant, I 100% endorse it. It has an effect on the nervous system to get one going, but not even dangerous like ritalin, but does the same thing. Coffee is all natural and although it is a seed, it is a drug because of the caffeine and other ingredients in it that people abuse, but done the right way as quicksilvercrescendo explained one should benefit from it.
I did a whole entire study on Kava Kava. Herbs are drugs.

I guess coffee wasn't strong enough for big pharma, they had to introduce deadly drugs to get people stimulated. That's how bad the addictiveness of caffeine got, that big pharma knew they could make something bigger or stronger, because they knew people would take it, all for profit of course.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sun 28 Feb 2010, 02:03

Yeah, it's good to make herbal concoctions with. Plus bulk herbs and bulk teas are fresher and more potent.

How about challenging yourself Flames with the coffee! I do that with myself sometimes. I have things once in awhile that can control me. But I try to make it mind over matter, so it never gets out of hand.
And maybe try a lesser strength and see if you get a headache. But will the lesser strength have the affect?

I should not have hurried about my comment on plants which can be medicinal or herbs. When you hear of the word drug, you think illegal, or it's bad for you, but if you know how to take it and handle it, they can be very beneficial. Don't forget plants are a source of nature's drugs and can be not so good if you let them. And anything can be overdosed on, even food.

BTW, everyone knows what the bad drugs are and I'm not talking about them, those are the FDA's drugs. And no, FDA, grass and peyote are not bad! They want you to believe that plants and their drugs are the same. And that plants are very bad for you, not just the two above, but any herbal plant sold over the counter.

The herbs guarana and cola nut are popular now and they do the same as coffee. You can get them bulk or in pill form.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 02 Mar 2010, 10:25

an occassional coffee is very nice for me
Ive got a Percol Latin America Organic Arabica Strength 3 here and it tastes scrumptious, although i have to experiment with any brand to find my perfect strength, as i can dtink it black without sugar , and if the strength is right, its really refreshing and feels just right at ther right time, , if the strength wrong, its horrible
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Thu 04 Mar 2010, 04:43

For all you great folks out there.....Nourish your body!

Ayurveda-MD Kitchari

Kitchari is a seasoned mixture of rice and split mung beans which together create a very balanced food. An excellent protein combination, it is both easy to digest and nourishing to all the tissues of the body. Kitchari gives strength and vitality and is appropriate for resetting digestive capacity, for anyone on a mono-diet for cleansing purposes, for the person recuperating from illness, or for the frail.

While you can certainly cook the rice and mung dal together, and traditional recipes call for that, cooking them separately and then eating them together in whatever proportion preferred, may make them more palatable for a 2-week preparation for Panchakarma.

An easy variation is 1 slice of fresh ginger root, squeeze of fresh lime juice and very small pinch of salt. This is the amount to take before one meal.

This recipe should make more than enough for one person for three meals:

For the dal, you will need:

2 cups split yellow mung beans/dal (Deep is a good brand w/ v. few stones if any)
about 8-12 cups water
2-3 bay leaves
asafoetida (called hing or Yellow Powder in Indian markets)
2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger root
Salt
2 tbsp ghee
1 ½ tsp mustard seed
1 ½ tsp fennel seed
1 ½ tsp cumin seed
¼ - ½ cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped and a little more for a garnish.

Directions:

* Pick out any stones in mung dal and wash in a strainer several times.
* In a heavy pot, add the washed dal to at least 8 cups water to start.
* Cook mung dal on high, stirring frequently until foaming begins.
* Skim off foam.
* When foam starts to rise up the sides of the pot, turn heat down to med. high, and finish skimming foam.
* Add 2-3 bay leaves, a pinch of asafoetida and chopped ginger root.
* Continue cooking, stirring pretty regularly so mung dal does not stick. The heavier the pot, the better.
* Add more water as needed. Don’t let the mung dal get really thick before the beans have lost their individuality. You don't want it to look like volcanic lava bubbling and popping air bubbles yet.
* About half-way through (at about 20 minutes) the mung beans should begin to look a little fluffy-puffy.
* Keep stirring so they don't stick, keep adding water as needed. This is a good time to start the rice, so it's all done at about the same time.
* At about 40 minutes, the beans should have lost their definition and now you've got a reasonably thick porridge. Turn the heat down to low-warm, add a little salt, and start “chunking” the spices.
* On high, heat some ghee (a couple of tablespoons) in a small skillet. When the ghee is melted, add a pinch of asafoetida. If it “sparkles,” the ghee is ready.
* Add to the ghee about 1 1/2 tsps (each) mustard seed, fennel seed and cumin seed and cook until the mustard seeds start popping and jumping out of the pan.
* Transfer this mixture to the mung dal, stir in and add some fresh coriander leaves. If you are having trouble with eating just kitchari, a little steamed asparagus may be added.
* You can cook it separately or in the dal, whatever you prefer. A little celery, a smidgen of chopped carrot, a few spinach leaves or a little chopped zucchini may also be used, but don't over do it.
* Garnish with more fresh coriander (cilantro-same thing) and some shredded coconut and a little salt and pepper, according to your taste.

For the rice you will need:

2 cups white basmati rice. Tilda is a good brand.
3 cups of water, depending on how firm or fluffy you want the rice. Less water, more firmness.

Directions:

* Wash the rice in a strainer until water is clear.
* Heat water in a pot and when it begins to boil, add rice, stir once, lower heat to low/warm and put lid on tightly.
* 16-20 minutes, depending again on how fluffy or firm you like your rice. Less time, more firm.
* Remove from heat, fluff with a fork.

Note:
Asafoetida is available at Indian markets as “Yellow Powder” brand. Mung may also be spelled “moong”and the package may say “beans” or “dal.”
Ghee

‘Ghee is a rasayana, tasty, good for the eye, stimulant for digestion, enhances memory and stamina, promotes longevity and protects body from various diseases’.
---Bhavaprakasha
Ghee is an excellent addition to the Vata and Pitta diet. Kapha can use it in small amounts. Ghee rejuvenates. It supports the central nervous system, heals the skin, feeds the deep connective tissue of the eyes, and improves digestion. In moderation it does not raise cholesterol.

To make your own Ghee, buy organic unsalted butter, put in slow cooker or crock pot for 4 hours on low, then skim off crust, ladle clarified butter into jar and throw away solids at the bottom. Put in refrigerator for one hour to help it set, then can be stored in cupboard.
Agni Tea
1 qt. H2O
1/8 tsp or pinch of cayenne pepper
½ handful minced ginger root
2 tbsp Sucanat, turbinado sugar or other natural sweetener.
1/8 - ½ tsp rock salt

Bring all ingredients to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes. Take off heat, cool for a few minutes and then add the juice of ½ lime. Do NOT boil the lime juice. Pour into a thermos to keep hot and available all day.

N.B. If honey is used it should be raw, and added after boiling, not during.

Digestive Tea
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp coriander seeds
½ tsp fennel seeds

Bring 8-12 oz of water to a boil, then add seeds, take off heat and steep for five minutes. Strain and drink.

Ginger Pickle

To improve agni, 15 to 30 minutes before meals, take about a tbsp. of ginger pickle It will kick-start the digestive process and improve the absorption of nutrients.

2 tbsp fresh ginger root
2 tbsp raw honey
squeeze of fresh lime juice
Pinch of salt

Finely chop 2 tbsp. fresh ginger root, add an equal amount of raw honey, a squeeze of fresh limejuice and a pinch of salt. Take what is needed

http://www.ayurveda-md.com/basic.php?id=406
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sat 13 Mar 2010, 07:36

continued from the elite mind thread..........

And finally the Jade Egg, this deserves a post all it's own........

Originally the Egg Exercises were used for improving health, both physically and spiritually. The Jade Egg "sexercises" provide more power to the Chi Muscle to lift the sexual energy inward and upward, where it can be circulated to the other vital organs and help to balance the monthly flow of blood and daily cycle of hormones.

The womb of a female is the most powerful center of gravity in the body. Unfortunately. t he womb tends to concentrate unprocessed (often negative) sexual and emotional energy. The egg "sex-ercises" can help to move that stuck energy and help you to own the inner space of your womb, which is the core power of the divine feminine.

In meditation, the sexual energy stimulated by the Jade Egg can be transformed into higher spiritual energy in the core channel (chong mai) of the body, as well a used to open the front (ren) or spine (du) channel.
http://www.healingtaousa.com/62c.html

A very important video.....
http://www.healing-tao.com/tao-garden/universal/en/taoist-sexual-practice/

http://www.jadeeggs.com/
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next