DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weirdness of NATURE

+5
quicksilvercrescendo
KapitanScarlet
highnoon
seraphim
Flames
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Weirdness of NATURE Empty Re: The Weirdness of NATURE

Post  seraphim Tue 23 Feb 2010, 03:02

Hilarious! The crack spider!LOL To bad those honeybees don't all charge at once like ants do. Visious insects!

Here's something weird.......my dog found a cricket and jumped on it and guess what crawled out of it's smashed body. A long, skinny worm! What kind of relationship is that, a worm in a cricket! Parasites all over I tell ya!

BTW, I have a mouse on the loose and I'm not in the right mind to kill it. Yeah I know it's kill or be killed by animals (I mean by those human animals, Shocked), and they would have no problems eating me if they could. But, I'm going to try some things out, does anyone have a cat I can borrow.

Last edited by seraphim on Tue 23 Feb 2010, 04:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shock purpose)
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Tue 23 Feb 2010, 21:12

science only gives animals so much rope with what they can do, and also how big or long a particular type of animal can be. for most animals you can goto wiki find the official recorded sizes and lengths but also see a section on when a village somewhere or a person from 115 years ago apparently saw a bigger or longer versian than what is recorded. the experts not only dont want to validate the claim but also give a view on how the observer got something wrong to give him that idea.

what i wonder is do animals know what their normal range behaviours are? was this hippo bored, was he concerned? is he trying to evolve his range of behaviours because he wants to break out of being a hippo? to say he was bored marginalizes his actions, but at least we can understand why he is bored. but if we take the concerned approach it raises questions. why was he concerned?

if you met my cat you'd think he was a dog in a cats body. he races me down the stairs to get to the bottom first and follows me around the house. he also loves to go from window to window to follow other animals outside. hes very involved with whats happening, and i think he tries to be...
highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Wed 24 Feb 2010, 15:50

highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Thu 25 Feb 2010, 16:10

i loved the outer limits show. i remember one episode there was a group in a secret military bunker and on the surface was a war with aliens. by the end of the show they ran out of food air etc almost and lost contact with everybody and thought they wouldnt hear from the top again but they get a broadcast with the president saying to give their position theres going to be a rescue team. as the camera pans around the president the back of his head is missing and some parasite alien thing had taken control. the aliens had won and they were going to be opening the door to the overmind
highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Thu 25 Feb 2010, 23:35

Flames, those slimey suckers become the parasite it looks like. What does Bush got inside of him!

Hey Highnoon, I watched the sick slimey sucker SNAIL video. Guess I can overcome anything. Twisted Evil

My dog, aka/anubis is a red head. She really thinks she is a cat and sounds like a bird! What color is your cat Highnoon?
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Thu 25 Feb 2010, 23:45

ill take a picture maybe of us, but hes white long hair, a couple light brown spots and blue eyes. a bushy brown and white tail.
highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Fri 26 Feb 2010, 00:25

What a magnificent cat! Better not post pics of both of you, not a good idea.
I have my dog because it's original owner, who literally is extremely irresponsible and needs loyal servants, refused to take care of her. So now she is mine, really sad how many animals are just thrown aside like that. Glad at least a few rules have been made for the abused animals. Sad

Some kind of Responsibility and handle on the pet population is badly needed.
Dogs are like kids, no joking!
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Fri 26 Feb 2010, 18:41

im not afraid of big brother im already on facebutt.

ill use my iphone to take a picture later today of just the cat i guess.
highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Fri 26 Feb 2010, 23:43

What I meant was, watch out for......the freaks out there, not big brother. Freaks mind controlled by big brother perhaps.

It would be wonderful to post a picture of your magnificant cat! That would be wonderful! All creatures are taken so much for granted. There are things in this life that helps one, but so little time it seems to do anything and appreciate the thought a person can get out of hell.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Mon 10 May 2010, 01:09

Picassos 1932 NUDE painting sells for 70 million pounds ............very weird but true . he painted it in one day i heard Smile
The Weirdness of NATURE ?m=02&d=20100505&t=2&i=102433440&w=460&r=2010-05-05T145016Z_01_BTRE64414KQ00_RTROPTP_0_ART-MARKET

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6443DV20100505
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 10 May 2010, 02:41

That's nuts!
Now this guy here is very talented too!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HarveyArtifex
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Tue 08 Jun 2010, 21:02

This explains those religious people standing in churches praying and paying.

But it isn't all bad...
Symbionts
There are many species of bacteria and other microorganisms that live on or inside the healthy human body. In fact, 90% of the cells in (or on) a human body are microbes, by number (much less by mass or volume).[3] Some of these symbionts are necessary for our health. Those that neither help nor harm us are called commensal organisms. Besides these, there are harmful parasites and pathogens
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Tue 08 Jun 2010, 22:21

Churchpeople?...yeah...me too. Cool

No...really. My wife is has a masters in Biology. So there about three good books on her bookshelf that get into microbes and parasites.
It is truly amazing how adaptable and complicated the life cycles are with parasites....truly a testament to nature.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Wed 09 Jun 2010, 00:34

Aside from parasites , very interesting theories on them , nature is weirder than anything , for example , the MAYFLY species some found in uk , from the ancient group of insects termed the Palaeopterais layed as an egg in water spends up to 3 years down there as a nymph then get a full day as an adult if they lucky .
then they go through an incredible metamorphosis , sprout wings take off out of the water for about 24 hours to supply food to other beasts and to mate , their final main purpose is to copulate and they are equiped only for that, having no mouth or stomach , just
Adults have short, flexible antennae, large compound eyes and three ocelli. In most species, the males' eyes are large and the front legs unusually long, for use in locating and grasping females during mid-air mating. In some species, all legs aside from the males' front legs are useless. Uniquely among insects, mayflies possess paired genitalia, with the male having two penises and the female two gonopores. The abdomen is roughly cylindrical, with ten segments and two long cerci at the tip.

go out with a bang and laying 8000 eggs

what alien technology designed these mamas Very Happy

The Weirdness of NATURE 220px-Ephemeroptera01
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Wed 09 Jun 2010, 03:47

You found the cricket and horse whipworm Flames!

Maybe parasites were put here for ominous reasons. Who's to say whether it's good or bad, maybe good for overpopulation?

Don't get it, why would Life create something that completely destroys itself, life. Unless it has that mindset.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Thu 12 Aug 2010, 16:48

One of the freak-out things i saw recently was a wasps nest exposed , they construct the nest from their spit mixed with wood particles which gives a cement style / papermache soft construction

Its like a high level piece of architecture that u would imagine requires the Compass , square and the G

It looks like a tower block with different floors , but what was astounding is that each floor consists of hundreds of perfectly formed hexagon cells where the queen will lay one egg in each
The hexagon design allows absolute maximisation of space because each side of one hexagon cell then becomes the wall of the next cell , zero wasted space

An image of the nest cut open showing the different floor levels and then an image of the hexagon cells

Now who taught these dudes to build like this ?
The Weirdness of NATURE Draft_lens5579292module42821702photo_1246124932wasp-nest

The Weirdness of NATURE Draft_lens5579292module43098412photo_1249064699wasp-nest-larvae
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next