DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quotes worth Quoting

+7
SunoftheMourning
highnoon
quicksilvercrescendo
seraphim
KapitanScarlet
tgII
Flames
11 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Quotes worth Quoting - Page 3 Empty Re: Quotes worth Quoting

Post  seraphim Sat 01 May 2010, 22:34

Synchronicities... it's like a collaboration with fate.... all of that becomes the norm and the ego is no longer the driving force in your life, you recognize there is a powerful, organizing, intelligence in all things and it's working with you and for you, almost as if you are making it happen by just being connected to your source.

The destiny that appeared to be imposed upon you by something outside of you is no longer the relevant driving force in your life, you are connected to the source and it's as if almost this divine organizing intelligence is saying, you play the music you came here to play, and I will be there to help you overcome any struggle or obstacle that comes along and it's not going to be a struggle because source is supporting you.
Dr. Wayne Dyer
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 02 May 2010, 02:39

do it to me source Smile

A man walks in to a shop in albania, he checks out a beautiful jacket made from sumptuous materials, but he is a westerner, and he notes there is no price on this jacket , he feels a great affinity with the jacket and wants it , he looks up and sees the smiling eyes of the shopkeeper looking at him .
"How much for this beautiful jacket my good sir " he says to the shopkeeper
The shopkeeper fixes him with a mesmerizing stare , approaches him and declares " for you sir , this jacket is free of charge , take this jacket , with my blessings and puts his hand on the westerners shoulder"

For a moment , the westerner is speechless caught in a strange gap in communication which was both warm and startling , the shopkeepers hand still rests on his shoulder but he feels no threat, in fact he feels an enchanting comfort come over him, now he arouses speech once more within him and replies to the shopkeeper " I could not possibly take this beautiful jacket from you for no price my good sir , look at the work that has gone into its design and production , and you surely must have paid a price to have this jacket here in your shop, i would like to offer you 200 pounds for it , for that is the least it is worth to me at this moment in time "

The shopkeeper replies " My good man, i will have you know that i only paid 60 pounds for that jacket myself and i know not why i offered it to you for free, but my offer still stands "

The westerner replies " my good sir, never have i had such a generous offer made to me, and i surely appreciate this strange but moving gesture you have made to me , and i say again , when i saw this jacket , i thought to myself, i would pay 200 pounds for this jacket ,and so i offer this to you once more , for that is what i felt "

The shopkeeper replies " My good sir , never have i had such an honourable customer show himself in my shop, i am truly moved by our encounter , as i paid but 60 poundsfor this jacket and you offer me 200 pounds, i say to you, let us meet half way at 130 pounds for this jacket, will you take this offer ? "

The westerner immediately accepts this offer and pays the price , both men feel enrichened by this exchange , they both have gained in their own eyes in the currency of money , but they also gained i another area, an area that offers much deeper enrichment than the monetary affair .

As the westerner walked away from the shop . still engulfed by some feeling of a higher experience having occured to him, he thought to himself , what was it that happened in that shop, and very slowly, an idea came upon him that had explained what went down in that shop.

Both him and the shopkeeper had engaged in something much more than just the currency of the pound, it was something moving and of the moment , something that had no price yet had reward, it was the currency of generosity , he thought to himself, and he felt uplifted by this experience , it had left a certain positive signature in his emotion which would stay with him for a while, like a long lost friend , he felt real good.
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sun 09 May 2010, 07:36

Inspired by the shopkeeper and westerner......
"Are your thoughts acts of gratitude." Hedeigger
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 15 May 2010, 23:24

What, then, is the way? What are the means? How shall a man behold this ineffable Beauty which remains within, deep in Its holy sanctuaries, and proceeds not without where the profane may view It? He that is able, let him arise and follow into this inner sanctuary, nor look back towards those bodily splendours which he formerly admired. For when we behold the beauties of body we must not hurl ourselves at them, but know them for images, vestiges and shadows, and flee to That of which they are reflections. For if a man rushes towards them, seeking to grasp them for Beauty Itself, then it will be as though he should desire to grasp a beautiful image mirrored in water, and, like him of whom the myth tells, should sink beneath the surface of the stream and disappear. In like manner, he that reaches out after corporeal beauties, and will not let them go, will plunge not his body but his soul into gloomy depths abhorred by intellect, will remain blind in Hades, and both here and hereafter will have converse only with shadows.

-Plotinus, Enneads 1.6
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 22 May 2010, 09:31

" Judaism is not a religion but a Law religionized. "

Moses Mendelssohn

a learned Jew, in this way : —
This definition does away effectively with the erroneous belief prevalent among the non-Jews that Judaism is a religion. In spite of the loud and frequent assertions, made by Jews and Christian divines alike, ontending that the Jews were the first monotheists, it is a well proven fact that the high initiates of the Memphis priesthood were monotheists long before the Jews ever went to Egypt.
Judaism would be best described as a rite or compendium of rites, for, if one lends belief to the existence
of the Jewish Lawgiver, Moses, one must bear in mind that he first studied among the high initiates of
Egypt, and later, became the pupil and son-in-law of black Jethro, the Ethiopian magician whom one might
call the Father of Voodooism, name given to the magic practices and rites performed by the negroes.
The closer one studies the history of the Jews, the clearer it appears that they are neither a religious entity
nor a nation.
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 23 May 2010, 00:59

A noble man compares and estimates himself by an idea which is higher than himself; and a mean man, by one lower than himself. The one produces aspiration; the other ambition, which is the way in which a vulgar man aspires.
Marcus Aurelius
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Fri 11 Jun 2010, 21:19

I'll get away if this court condemns me as soon as the verdict is read I shall be gone. I'll disentigrate a cowardly return to where I was before my birth. A world where no one pays the heavy price of his innocence.
Jean Cocteau
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Fri 09 Jul 2010, 21:57

"When you get rid of attachment, there will be love." Krishnamurti
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Tue 03 Aug 2010, 10:50

The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world.
Through this I know the advantage of taking no action.

Reminds me of two lame jokes by dad used to tell me.

What is the softest thing in the world?
A flea walking across and elephants balls with sneakers on.

What is the sharpest thing in the world?
A fart that can go through your pants without making a hole.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Wed 04 Aug 2010, 12:00

glad to see you didnt inherit his particular sense of humour qsc , i prefer your scathing and mercilessly black style Twisted Evil

"To take the decision to BE or not take the decision NOT To BE"

By Me
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Thu 12 Aug 2010, 09:39

"As long as a man truly believes he is powerless, he has no reason or motivation to seek the source of his own power." O
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Fri 13 Aug 2010, 11:26

Accuse not Nature;
she hath done her part; do
thou but thine.
-Milton
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 24 Aug 2010, 08:54

King Arthur to Merlin .........Merlin Now that we have conquered evil from the lands and lived for years in prosperity and goodness , tell me Merlin where does evil lurk now ?

Merlin to King Arthur......Evil is always here just as goodness is always here , it lurks where you would least expect it Arthur , where you would least expect it

(In the particular case , it lurks in the mutual suppressed lust between arthurs best friend Lancelot and his wife Guinevere, a poignant twist, as arthur himself was the product from a stolen lustful encounter aquired via the crafts of Merlin )
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Tue 24 Aug 2010, 09:03

"After listening to those two Mel Gibson outbursts I need a beer." -- TGII
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Tue 24 Aug 2010, 09:09

"If you would like to leave a message, please press one; if you would like to speak with customer service, please press two; if you would like to inquire about billing, please press three; if you would like to forward a message to accounts receivable, please press four, if you would like to register a complaint, please press five; if you would like to make a reservation, please press six; if you would like to file an online registration; please press seven; if you would like to speak to a person at this office, please press eight; if you are having problems with your new software, please press nine; thank you and have a nice day." --fucking corporate answering machine
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 24 Aug 2010, 15:35

you hit on one of my all time pet hates Tg, cant stand those automated systems no more, once options are selected, if theres a delay of over 20 seconds, i just hang up .
I always write if im dealing with corporate ignorance or stupidity if at all possible an thats the only time i ever have to contact them directly

They make a tidy sum of these automated systems, time they tell you all the speel, the phone call could have been done an dusted

Their saving money on call operators and piling up the cash with these higher rate telephone numbers
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 24 Aug 2010, 15:36

Death is not the greatest loss in life.
The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live

-- Norman Cousins
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Wed 25 Aug 2010, 03:04

"If the fully planned and conditioned world comes into existence... the restive species [humanity]... will be vexed no longer by its chatter for truth and mercy and beauty and happiness... if the eugenics are efficient enough there will be no second revolt, but all snug beneath the Conditioners, and the Conditioners beneath her, till the moon falls or the sun grows cold." -- C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man, 1944

tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum