DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Terms on being Revived

5 posters

Go down

Interesting Terms on being Revived Empty Interesting Terms on being Revived

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 10 Apr 2010, 08:13

SOPHROSYNE from wiki....

Sophrosyne (σωφροσύνη) is a Greek philosophical term etymologically meaning moral sanity and from there self control or moderation guided by true self-knowledge.

Greeks upheld the ideal of sophrosyne, which means prudence and moderation but ultimately its complex meaning, so important to the ancients, is very difficult to convey in English. It is perhaps best expressed by the two most famous sayings of the oracle at Delphi: "Nothing in excess" and "Know thyself."

The term suggests a life-long happiness obtained when one's philosophical needs are satisfied, resembling the idea of enlightenment through harmonious living. It is a nearly lost Classical ideal, but is enjoying some revival today with its emphasis on individuals to live within the proportions of reason and nature, this being achieved through practical wisdom and self knowledge. Parallels abound in eastern thought, in Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism.

It is conceptually the opposite of hubris.

The word is found in the writings of Ancient Greece, especially that of Plato in ethical discussions of the dialogue Charmides where it refers to the avoidance of excess in daily life. This term in Plato's use is connected with the Pythagorean idea of harmonia.

In Christian theology, especially in the Greek Orthodox patristic form, the word sophrosyne has come to mean purity, integrity and virginity.

Hypatia of Alexandria was regarded as an example of sophrosyne. Biographer Maria Dzielska states that Hypatia remained a virgin to the end of her life[1]

Examples of this term often appear in Greek literature as well. See the character of Deianeira in Trachinian Women by Sophocles. Achilles in The Iliad when Agamemnon decides to take Briseis or Oedipus in Oedipus Rex are examples of characters without sophrosyne. Plato's Symposium could accurately be subtitled "On Sophrosyne," and his character Socrates is sophrosyne exemplified.
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Interesting Terms on being Revived Empty Re: Interesting Terms on being Revived

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sat 10 Apr 2010, 22:20

This article of Tsarion's is excellent and most apropos on this thread I believe...

http://www.taroscopes.com/miscellanous-pages/disciples.html
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 11 Apr 2010, 10:16

Cheers Flames, yeah Moral Sanity ...where did it all go wrong Very Happy

Qsc, ive read about a half of that mtsar link last night, and hope to finish it maybe tonight

So this "mysterium" is a phantasm created by "mind" he puts forth , and is leading man out of synch with his relationship to nature and reality , the phenomena known as being.
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 11 Apr 2010, 20:52

Kapis wrote:Cheers Flames, yeah Moral Sanity ...where did it all go wrong Very Happy

Qsc, ive read about a half of that mtsar link last night, and hope to finish it maybe tonight

So this "mysterium" is a phantasm created by "mind" he puts forth , and is leading man out of synch with his relationship to nature and reality , the phenomena known as being.

Actually ive just finished that article and i now need to redefine the above initial take.
The Reason employed by Rationalists to gain understanding about man and the world is itself nothing more than the poisoned myopic child of the Mysterium, which came into being before reason and thought

So this mysterium came into being before reason or thought , ................ i have many many questions regarding this mysterium theory

Its proclaimed to be a delusive barrier between the ego and the authentic selfs communication
How does this mysterium relate to the concepts of benevolent or malevolent entitys in the psychic world ?
What spawned it into being ?
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sun 11 Apr 2010, 21:00

It's an article that begs you to keep asking questions to comprehend it intellectually...isn't it.
Maybe the forthcoming DVD will explain the nuances in more detail.

But Tsarion's connection to the Tao in the article, a topic he had not really tackled before, is superb.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 11 Apr 2010, 21:40

Yeah i like the tao concepts very much

In the first half of the article is stated

The Mysterium is not the Tao. It is not the Numina. It is a simulacra of the Numina that lies concealed behind the façade of the mind-made Mysterium, concealed from man by his own mental architecture and cacophony. Like all-encompassing, concentrically-arranged, spherical veils around the mind of man, the Numina exists on the outside, and the Mysterium on the inside nearest man. As man expands or inflates the scope and size of the Mysterium, the size and scope of the Numina likewise inflates. Thus, man is never nearer to the Numina regardless of what he does or how long his seeking and ardor continues. His very activity ensures that the Numina ever remains beyond his reach. His seeking pushes the sought away. Of this predicament and fiasco man was long ago alerted. Force begets force, warned the Taoists.

It appears at the beginning of the article that maybe there is a mysterium and then a second layer of mysterium created by the mind

A lot of questions about the nature of the human world can be answered, and a lot of mysteries explained, once we realize that the Mysterium is a phantasm with the same date of birth as the ego. In fact, the original Mysterium is the ego, that is, a man's wholly unrealistic sense of identity. The Mysterium, like the ego, is an abstraction created by the mind of man, or more correctly, by the broken mind of man. It is a symptom of man’s bicamerality.

But states here that the original mysterium is the ego, .... (if so, then did not man use reason and thoughts before the ego was born ?)

The idea that man's mind is creator of all came about due to trauma. Once, long ago, as the ancient sagas relate, the consciousness of human beings was truly whole. It experienced Allness and interacted directly and profoundly with Nature - the Numina. After the Age of Catastrophe, and as a result of it, man's consciousness suffered severe trauma. Consciousness fragmented and what we now know as the "ego" took birth. An instant later, the ego's evil twin - the Mysterium also arose from the flames of chaos. The Mysterium and ego were both born from trauma, and both have at their foundation a deep abiding distrust - one might even say - antipathy toward Nature. We believe that consciousness
cannot be completely fathomed without an understanding of this particular form of psychic antipathy, and go so far as to say that this primal predisposition is the reason for human pathology.

Again here that mysterium and ego given simultaneous spawning

but on the end piece as i quoted previous post , mysterium was stated as coming into being before reason and thought

That i suppose is the area for my gaps in comprehension of the article regarding what exact origin and parameters to consciousness this mysterium has, but i understand it will be a work in motion , but if anyone wants to further comment on the article , please do, i will be interested to hear others "interpretation" on this mysterium
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Mon 04 Oct 2010, 00:03

Topology = the ancient sense that things are not so much located in space as they are bearers of that location

Example from the mathematical operation of todays term =
The motivating insight behind topology is that some geometric problems depend not on the exact shape of the objects involved, but rather on the way they are put together. For example, the square and the circle have many properties in common: they are both one dimensional objects (from a topological point of view) and both separate the plane into two parts, the part inside and the part outside.

so a square is not just a square, or a circle not just a circle , they define 2 layers of space , that which is contained within them and that which is contained outwith them

When people look at squares or circles today, they have been trained to consciously perceive just the object that is occupying space , the space contained within the object defines the object for them in their mind

but what they are not consciously "seeing" is the space outwith the object which includes the location that the object sits in which includes most importantly ...them, a form of inflicted blindness that lies beyond the eyes

In the interests of physical properties of the perceiving being , this blindness shows its weakest restriction
But in the interests of sensual properties of the perceiving being , ie the interpretation of beauty , it reveals its most potent restrictions
And this topology relationship in perception illustrates why beauty must always lie in the eye of the beholder
"the ancient sense that things are not so much located in space as they are bearers of that location"

When eyeing what appears to be a beautiful thing, the beauty is not contained in the thing only, it is contained in the present temporal thing , it is contained in the present temporal location around the thing and it is contained in the present temporal perception of the thing in its location by the beholder

It could be termed the Tri-lationship which is where distinct sensual revelation is truly revealed to a human ... and it never ever repeats itself in its exact format again , not ever , although the illusion is available that it does , and this is because it is finitely interwoven with time for each persona , but a person may try to repeat an experience over and over and over again, they may come close but they will never actually repeat , but there is always the pleasure of a further experience being accessed

Art arouses consciousness of this tri-lationship

When a person produces what is perceived as a great art , the artistic piece becomes a mirror of particular sensual transcendental perceptions which can be perceived by many different beholders
It has been said that a human cannot directly perceive the transcendant state because it exists in another dimension , so these works of art are bridges that reflect between the physical and sensual worlds
The artist creates a manifestation that separates and contains a certain geometric essence of sensual perceptions which other people can then access, proportionate to how sensually attuned they themselves are to the particular piece of art expression
The art is like a mirror that contains hidden perceptions which are revealed in relationship with the beholder

When perceiving something beautiful, and aware of the tri-lateral properties of sensual perception, the beholder can consider it a special moment which may add to the experience of it , a sort of unrepeatable quality communication of something that always sits just outside of their control, the more they may try to control it, the more it seems to be apart , just like chasing a rainbow , but they are incredible if you are up close

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Mon 04 Oct 2010, 17:45

thats pretty interesting i never thought of that relationship like that. if i might add something about art and the maker and viewer. its that i believe an artist can put ideas into their art that they arent aware of, but which some viewers might see. so what the art intends actually becomes different which i think is interesting because art can be inspired and is a direct passion. because if youre consciously directing a theme or idea, even a very specific idea/themes, and it still ends up having extra ideas/themes. that how do you ever really get out what you intended with the piece of art. this is like a two pronged communication. but if you were to ever communicate the second prong back to the author, you might teach the author about his own art what he didnt know he was also saying but which you picked up on.

actually i have a story to tell from a few days ago...

I was going to work my midnight security job, but i decided to go a different route. a route that took me through a bad part of town. im not sure why i wasnt intendedon doing drugs, dont even have the money, but regardless i chose this way to get to work, so i pass through lots of thedowntown core, but it was saturday night maybe i just wanted to see the nightlife. anyway both that route and my regular are the same distance. so anyways i change lanes 2 blocks from work without signaling, a cop is behind me pulls me over, writes me up. but i had worked out prior to going to work. i was juiced up. the lady cop seemed like a bitch but i gave her some attitude because i felt she wasnt going to do me any favors. she comes to the car with her ticket and i start interrupting her she says she was going to give me a break but not anymore. gives me the ticket and ignores my pleas and walks away.

theres two instances where i created this. first i went a different way that passed through downtonw where theres more cops, second i didnt keep a positive attitude and was actually going to recieve kindness but since i was expecting no kindness i sabotaged myself from getting any kindness. the first thing is subtle. i dont even understand it it right now why i went the other way to work but one things for sure if i went my normal route id have not gotten pulled over or even had to change lanes where i did. the second is my attitude. self explanatory. i got mad, punched concrete, bloodied myhand, threw keys, shattered a FOB against concrete. felt cheated, because i will lose my license again for this offense. im not allowed any offenses for a 2 year period or i lose my license for 6 months and the 2 year thing restarts. this will be the third time i lose my license and ive had this bullshit probation for 6 years now, pretty much my whole adult life. so i spent all sunday after work pissed off, laying in bed, barely eating. goto work tonight pissed off. i just start yelling when theres nobody around. i broke stuff in my house, played with knives, contemplated suicide, contemplated murder. just feeling all around really bad. because i knowits my fault. yet i feel cheated that i have to be so aware of my actions at all times or shit will hit the fan. im so sick of walking on eggshells. but i know its my fault. its just so silly, that this is all art that i am learning from it. so next time i will be wiser and keep the best attitude yet next time theres no guaruntee that any kindness is coming. its like faith. but the only thing thats for sure is that if it IS coming and i DONT act nice, i will lose whats coming to me thats good. i cant make assholes act nice, but i can ruin a nice person from being nice.

do i really need this lesson though? the police interaction doesnt allow for both parties to really understand where the other is coming from, that i will be late for work because of her, that im a block away from work, that this ticket will screw me. that i just worked out im a little aggressive right now. etc it doesnte ven feel like she is giving me the kindness for the right reason. maybe she thought i was cute? i dont need kindess because im cute, i deserve it because to not be kind is to really screw my life up? but you dont even know about that side of it all you know is that you can see me and i look cute so you decide to be kind based on that. which is inferior to being kind for a real reason. but i dont know she she was going to be kind, maybe it was a quote. and i hit the lottery to receive a break. i was the 10th ticket that day. regardless if i dont feel that im being givin kindness for the right reason, i cant really give her credit for being about to be kind. because i dont know.

anyway the point was that i am astonished at how fragile the makeup of reality is, that the smallest naunce can really change things. in that way i feel that LAW has a similiarty if not a direct link to nature. in that law is all about the details. you can stall a case over a word. sounds beurocratic. but is reality any different? LAW is manmade, and we hate it because its strange, hidden, difficult, has all the power or no power. but reality is strange hidden and difficult too. we dont really know how it works, a simple action can make or break our lives too, that reality has natural laws that are just as strict and unforgiving as any court system.

but another thing is that both mans framework and natures frameworks. should be available to be understood by people. but man prevents the access to knowledge of mans framesworks and natures frameworks.

nature doesnt give a shit whether we know everything about it or not, it doesnt have any interests. but man does. and thats where the similiarities stop. is that court LAW is self aware and that natures LAW isnt. but as for some kindof dislike for court LAW its a bit irrational because its not really any different from natural LAW, ignorant about either you fail, know something about either you will do better.
highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Wed 06 Oct 2010, 00:58

Definetly , especially about making the artist conscious about his subconscious expressions via feedback on the second prong
I would interpret the dynamics of any person creating a piece of art is this.........they use intellectual imitation , intellectual innovation and passionate inspiration in varying proportions .
They can intellectually comprehend their imitation , and innovation but the passionate inspiration portions will be inserted from a feeling and not fully comprehensible from their current intellectual perception capabilitys.
When some people believe that human consciousness is influenced by interdimensional entitys, then these IE influences would be through the passionate inspirations

The reason you changed routes is subtle as you say, but changing lanes without indicating when u got a copcar behind points to a loss of concentration while driving , applicable to the juiced up feeling or just a mind wander
The presumption that the cops were bad news , down to prejudice of thought probably justifiably conditioned by previous dealings by cops and maybe even also portions of extra testosterone stimulating you beyond the norm
The presumption cops part can be worked on , knowledge that you might be more aggressive is important to keep conscious off in any forthcoming potential conflict situations
Yeah a series of really bad corcumstances...is God punishing you for something or giving you a hard lesson , or does the extra testestorone now lever your influences slightly more to the devilish side from the angelics , or is it just a godless series of really bad co-incidences
I guess you got a lot of thinking material to consider already , but in all cases, working on the cop prejudice part (shit that will be hard) and retaining consciousness that more testestorone will alter your personality dynamics is worth keeping to the fore , but that doesnt get your licence back .
Good scenario to put to Alain De bottons ...consolations of philosophy theory

Regarding cute , yeah beautys in the eye of the beholder and people do treat people with favour that they are attracted to .

Reality sucks , when a cop woman was going to be nice and then because of your reaction she tickets you, thats not man made laws , thats the laws of passions that override all laws when they are permitted to .

And on the passions overiding , a few days ago, i was following a vehicle out of a car park, then all of a sudden whilst sitting behind it, the muppet driver suddenly went into reverse and drove fast back into the front of my vehicle just as i was about to take evasive action
Ok i get out of the car and expect this guy to admit full blame and offer to pay the damage but this guy takes a second to survey the situation and immediately gets riled up and says i drove into him, a complete and utter lie
So we cant come to an agreement , so reluctantly the cops are called, but because of no injurys and in a car park , they dont do anything , just advise swapping details and let insurance deal with it .

I have a friend sitting in my passenger seat whi is off course a witness
While waiting for the polis, the muppet lying driver says to my friend ...oh you shouldnt admit to anything in an accident

So a copuple of days later i get an estimate for the bump damage which is 259 pounds , so i give the muppet lyer a call to give him the option to pay something towards the minor damage which i could do myself cheaper than a garage, and keep insurance out of it, but he sticks with his complete lie that i drove into him , so now i have to take this guy to court through my insurance and watch him lie in court, hoping my witness will be enough , but even if not, i wont allow him to get off without the ordeal off lying in a public court

I say to him on the phone , so your going to keep up your denial over what happened and he replies ..... you bet im in 100% denial in a crazed tone ..... what a world i find myself in (:
its a pity there was no cctv when i realy needed it, reality sucks there
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Wed 06 Oct 2010, 22:51

yeah dont let him walk over you. but you have the feeling the judge will be harder on you because its your front to his back kindof accident?

youre doing the right thing

with my thing ive just accepted it. i have a few ways to fight it. but whatever happens, ill just change my priorities to get the most of out what happens. ive already switched gears this week on my homeschooling.i want to be in college by sept 2011. so yeah. recently had my hopes amped up with nursing due to my sex being male. heard from my teachers that they love male applicants so fighting to get a seat will be easier than if im a girl with say, a better school resume. (to a degree)
highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Thu 07 Oct 2010, 03:34

Kapis, that man in denial sounds like he doesn't want his insurance hiked and since it was his fault, that's probably what will happen. That's if he isn't lying again about even having insurance in the first place.
There were no cameras around? It's too bad there weren't other witnesses.
In this case it would be good to file a police report immediately, so at least the court will know you mean business.

Last year I had something similar happen, I was parked and a man turning into the spot next to me sideswiped the vehicle I was driving, but I was inside the building luckily a witness wrote down his license plate number and gave it to me. So I had the police get his info for me and go check out his vehicle. I was surprised they gave me his personal information. I could have just called his insurance and made a claim without him even knowing. But I did call him and luckily he didn't deny it, his memory was bad. I just told him what that I was going to file a claim.

You handled your situation very well, I'm sure the court will see that guy as an ass. And he's just going to get back what he puts out.

Highnoon, if nursing is really what you want to do, I'm sure you can accomplish it. Good luck.

seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Thu 07 Oct 2010, 20:18

Was going to mention that there is a growing business of conning the insurance. Con artists cause accidents or make it look like the other person did, and in alot of cases actually do cause the other person to hit them by slamming on their brakes. So then they can get money from the claim.

So he might be one of them. Don't know if the authorities can find out how many insurance claims he may have filed in the past. Could have changed his name and so forth if he was a con artist.
May want to mention in police report his major denial and anger, and suspicion of con artist. Just was wondering why else he would be pissed off.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Fri 08 Oct 2010, 11:59

There are definetly a few cons about , but this guy was just dozing, then denial set in, he hasnt raised a claim or anything against me, problem is, because cops not involved, it goes to a civil court which i have to consider if worth all the hassle for the slight damage and just for me to bring him out in public to cement his lie ... will have to think about all the energy required to achieve that. As i said, i have a direct witness.
I also used the google street walk facility to take a look at his address and workplace , and just by sheer chance, its an image with his car sitting there in his driveway , pre-accident off course Smile whats the chances of that, because each small street usually only has one camera pivot point over here .
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down