DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exercise Talk

+5
KapitanScarlet
tgII
quicksilvercrescendo
seraphim
Flames
9 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Exercise Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Exercise Talk

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sat 09 Jan 2010, 22:58

The right eye's optic nerve goes to the left lobe of the brain and vice versa because they cross before attaching to the brain.

And, when you see, you actually see things upside down, but the brain has to flip the image over for you to be able to sense the image being upright.

When you go for a walk are you left handed or right handed?
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Wed 03 Feb 2010, 03:10

Looks like they sell from $1000 to $2200 depending on which model you buy. Which defines a price range.

I have always considered this brand to be a low-mid quality infomercial brand. But better than most in that quality range.
And maybe they have upped their game with this model.

I would initially assume that this brand may have high potential for long term problems once the short warranty expires, so longevity is usually the trade-off. But then you can hang clothes from it and stuff.

If you are going to jog and run on it, rather than just walk, then a good review on durability/breakage and a longer warranty are really important when it comes to all its moving parts for the next three to five years. Consider this and investigate it with this model.
How long and complete is the warranty and who will honor it when it need repairs or replacement(shipping)? That is most important.
Because this thing is really going to take a pounding if you use it often.

The split platform on this model looks different and interesting.
And how does this differ from using a regular platform treadmill? I will look for a vid on it on youtube. But maybe this unique feature is what's caught you. And that may be enough to keep you motivated.

My favorite manufacturer was a company called True, but I don't think they are around any longer.

Here are is one of the best reference sources for what to consider in a treadmill and their recommendations come from a variety of places including consumer reports and others...read the tabs marked What To Look For and the one marked Full Review for good information.
Always good to actually try out the one you want prior to purchase. And the do a good job of telling you what you get for the price range and the pros and cons of each model.
http://www.consumersearch.com/treadmills
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Wed 03 Feb 2010, 07:44

Okay at that speed it is obvious that you cannot jog or run on it.
But you may not need to because if the mechanism works well it can offer a higher resistance at a lower speed thus giving you the intensity of jogging without the impact.

The only thing that would turn me off is if the motion seems to unnatural as many elliptical machines do for me.
But this one has more of a treadmill-like platform, so it may very well overcome the unnaturalness I feel with ellipticals.
Also, the moving parts on ellipticals break easily due to their motions.

So it also states that because of this that the it is much shorter than an average treadmill.
This would also be a positive. But I have a very long stride and would need to try it out to make sure my heels aren't coming off the track due to my long stride, even some regular treadmills are too short for my comfort. So, the regular treadmill adjustment on this machine may not work for me with the regular walking stride I have on a flat treadmill. Whereas using the treads would require less need for a long stride and this machine's shorter length may not be a problem. But then, that may negate may ability to use it as a regular treadmill. And at these speeds, you cannot jog or run on it in the regular flat treadmill mode of adjustment. It would just be for walking.
They should work on that and make one that you can jog and run on in the flat adjusted position.
But that also requires more durable materials and a higher price tag. Also, this device has more moving parts which means more potential for something to break which makes a good warranty even more important.

The issue here is whether you are better off buying a Bowflex TreadClimber or a treadmill. Even the lowest priced TreadClimber (TC1000) can afford you a durable machine like the Sole F80, which comes with a lifetime motor, 5-year parts and 2- year labor warranty. In fact, at $1,500 you can buy a treadmill with a built-in TV from NordicTrack. When you start talking about spending over $2,400, you can purchase a commercial grade treadmill for the home.

However, test prove the TreadClimber does offer a more efficient workout, with less impact in comparison to a treadmill, and that may justify the cost. There are countless satisfied customer who have bought the TreadClimber. These machine get results, otherwise thousands would not have bought them.

Just don't get carried away with the hype, and look at the alternatives that are available both with treadmills and elliptical trainers. You may then find the Bowflex TreadClimber is your best bet.

The other alternative to this treadmill device is a nordic model. Whoah and with a 40 degree incline...feeeeeeel the burrrrrrrrn.
http://www.treadmill-ratings-reviews.com/models/nordictrack-x3-trainer.htm

Here is my favorite brand of treadmill True...(Landace may be the best model on the market), but True treadmills give a better pricepoint for what you buy and tend to have more outlets where you can call a service tech to service the equipment, whereas with Landace this may be more difficult. And True treadmills are good if you are going to be running on the thing a lot.
http://www.treadmill-ratings-reviews.com/brand/true-review.htm

And I am not that into the heart rate monitors and many of the electronics on these things because If you walk or jog and get winded or break a sweat for a minimum of thirty minutes then you are doing just fine.
I would rather have my money go towards a better motor and components or a longer warranty.
I have worn out treadmills and also had a private practice with six treadmills of three different brands. So I have talked to the techs and repair guys often.

And these are the types of reviews I would expect as being typical of something from Bowflex...as this was my prediction about this product before having read these reviews or even tried the machine myself.

Customer Reviews

Models: TreadClimber 5300

My husband and I purchased the TreadClimber 5300 because we believed the hype. It is a good work out. BUT the service is horrible. If you need repairs (and this machine is very prone to techical malfunction, you are expected to call an 800# and the operator walks you through a series of diagnostic steps. You actually need to remove a protective cover, crawl around on the floor and inspect the machine. The last time we had an issue (we ending up needing a new console) it took five phone calls (and much frustration) to get any real assistance. When I was about to give up and I asked if there was any way to have a trained technition come to my home. The service rep said that the warranty didn't cover that and it would be at my expense. "FINE" I said, only to learn that the company authorized to service this expensive clothes rack doesn't have any one working in my area. I DO NOT recommend this machine at all.

I bought a TC500 TreadClimber 4 and 1/2 years ago and the motor went out. Went ahead and bought a new TreadClimber because I liked the first one so much and felt it a necessary part of nearly daily exercise. New one works great and a little easier to put together than the old one. A little heavy to move around. After getting the new TreadClimber, I called to see if the old one could be fixed and I was sent a new motor for free! The motor warrenty is for 5 years. I am a little intimidated by replacing the motor in the old machine. Be sure to lubricate the treads every 3 months or so, as motor failure can be caused by not lubricating them.

I can't unfortunately recommend the TreadClimber. It is a lot of money for a machine that is not feature rich and a pain to change its resistance.

I have been using the TreadClimber TC5000 since the end of September and am extremely pleased with this machine! I applaud those who were involved in designing it...it is everything that it is advertised to be. I actually look forward to working out now. I have noticed a difference in my energy level and just feel better all around! Thank you so much for such a superb product!

Actually I bought the top of the line (the TC5300), what a piece of junk it is. Read the guarantee policy carefully, on the surface it sounds good. But it is not a good guarantee, nor is it good even close to a good quality product.

I am definitely not a fitness trainer but I would have to say that the Bowflex TreadClimber TC5000 provides the BEST workout possible for home use. I will agree that it is a bit expensive, but I haven't experienced a complete cardio and full-body workout like I experience on the tread climber. In a matter of minutes, you are pouring sweat and your heart rate is elevated.

In the final analysis this machine's mechanism and its action on my legs would have to convince me that I wanted it over a regular treadmill of really good quality at this price point.

And for me...it really does come down to warranty and service with treadmills. Because they do take a pounding and when they break you can't use it and you want it fixed at no expense, fixed fast and fixed right. That is paramount with this type of equipment.

Looks good though. I will look around and see if they even have these in Norway. Probably not.

But if Bowflex is making this type of review with their regular treadmills, then maybe this Treadclimber isn't too bad either...
The Bowflex Series 7info (*Est. $1,300) treadmill gets very good ratings at user-review sites like Amazon.com and Buzzillions.com, and it rates higher than all other folding treadmills in one independent test. The Bowflex Series 7 treadmill has a 3-horsepower motor, 20-by-60-inch belt and a maximum speed of 11 mph. However, its maximum user weight of 300 pounds is lower than many other treadmills in this price range, including the Sole F80. Bowflex offers a 15-year warranty on the frame and 10-year coverage for the motor; parts, electronics and labor are covered for one year. Fred Waters, at Treadmill-Ratings-Reviews.com, thinks the Bowflex Series 7 treadmill is "one of the better deals in its price range," but he notes that the Sole F80 has much better warranty.

TreadmillDoctor.com calls the Bowflex 7 Series treadmill a "great deal," and owners say the treadmill is sturdy with some excellent workout programs. While it does fold up, reviewers say the treadmill is just too heavy (at 298 pounds) to move anywhere. Others say the user manual does a poor job of explaining the assembly instructions and required calibration process. More worrisome are user complaints that Bowflex's customer service was slow or not knowledgeable. Overall, the Bowflex Series 7 comes very highly rated from consumers and experts alike, but most agree that the Sole F80 is a better buy.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Thu 04 Feb 2010, 19:59

And for even more of a cardiovascular and calorie burning workout, way more effective than any treadmill...low cost...portable...
(...but still not a substitute for regular walking.)

The Buddy Lee Ropemaster Jump rope...
Exercise Talk - Page 2 8263fe10
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Thu 04 Feb 2010, 23:29

Is this qi-bounding something anyone has attempted , but nice info on the foot, bet lots of people get knee problems from poor foot alignment sense

nice info on the exercise machines ... makes me want to have one ...i remember nautilus being one of the top choice leisure club brands back in the 90s
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Fri 05 Feb 2010, 08:12

I thought the bell he started with was a 24kg but then later he seemed to suggest they were moving up to a 16kg

That first exercise hes doing is the double snatch , hes showing off there , that is one of the most dangerous exercises there is, the single snatch is enough to be doing with and requires serious concentration

I have an aquaintance who started off with a 24kg kettlebell, hes been doing various training for years, and one day he was demonstrating a snatch to his american ladyfriend who was taking pictures of him, and bang, he clean snapped his forearm bone with a badly timed and formed snatch did not realise it for about 24 hours although he had been re-aligning it back into shape affraid

Ive got a 16kg, i knew that 24kg was a bit too big to start with ... for me although i could do some stuff with it, i was not at the aerobic mastery of it

I was doing a set of 36 snatches each arm last october before i give it a rest over the winter, i just do swings now instead of snatches which are a great exercise with minimal risk and good for bringing up a sweat

There are lots of different exercises possible, o would say that i liked the format of "Steve maxwells" Dvd which is called the 300 kettlebell challenge, this is one that covers all the body and then some and i have shown this to a couple of others who were impressed by maxwell.

One thing, if you get a kettlebell, i have shown my parents the bell, and some others the bell, let them hold it, then if i demonstrate a snatch, they thing your an absolute nutter , throwing a cannonball of metal around , but its really an art , i was the same when i first watched my aquaintance throw up the 24kg , i felt fear Very Happy but once you make friends with da bell it seems so natural

Since my aquaintance had that horrific accident, i piurchased for myself, these forearm protectors which rugby players use , this gives great insurance on the forearm bones just in case of a really bad snatch Very Happy but a 16kg has no where near the velocity impact of a 24kg , ballistic exercises are potentially very very dangerous , they dont say that anywhere on the net i ont think

But i do like the kettlebell exercices mixed up with lots of other forms of exercise .
But take care if ever trying the snatches , get these forearm protectors as insurance
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Fri 05 Feb 2010, 10:50

Well, one things for certain, after reading the workout regimes
everyone here has demonstrated they seem to be performing
on a regular basis, my brain has been exerted, therefore,

This evening will consist of the following 'workout', first off, a very
expensive Japanese sake served hot in an atsukan:

• Exercise Talk - Page 2 Sake

Along with exquisite sashimi served for two in a quite secluded ryokan
at the foot of Mt. Fuji:

• Exercise Talk - Page 2 322123562_81a21121c8_m

After wards, I will go down to the outdoor bath during the quite solitude
of a snow fall:

Exercise Talk - Page 2 Aomori%20-%20041230%20-%20020%20-%20Hakkoda%20Onsen%20Yusen-ico

Meanwhile, while taking a bath, my futon will be prepared
for me in my room:

• Exercise Talk - Page 2 2096636029_1ccd8c51e7

Where Kameko and I will become intimately familiar in a lot
planned strenuous exercise throughout the coming evening:

• Exercise Talk - Page 2 AAAADIejZukAAAAAAE6ogw

And this isn't any 'exercise talk' either, this is pillow talk!

What a workout!!!
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 06 Feb 2010, 00:43

u know how to look after yourself TG Cool Like a Star @ heaven
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Sat 06 Feb 2010, 09:14

Well, the way I figure, Kapis, we're going to get annihilated here
shortly and figure, I owe it to myself after all these years of being
a very nice guy. Embarassed
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 06 Feb 2010, 14:47

Does anyone remember the blue and red belt-drive crossbow for working out the abs back in the 90s , in anycase, i tried one of these out at the time, i think it cost about 35 pounds at the time, but the rubber belts used to snap after a short spell, an i gave up on it quite quickly , it was just a fashion impulse buy for me then. Its still lying in my loft with broken belt Razz

I was purchasing some materials if the internet a week or so ago, and as i paid by card, the seller offered me a thing called ..... the 6 second ABS for 10 uk pounds, so i took it, wondering if they had improved the design of these tools over the years

Tried it out and i gotta say i am impressed, there is a dvd giving the exercises that can be done and the emphasis is on "controlled repetition" 3 clicks down 3 clicks back out , the third click is where the ab squeeze is really held. NIce slow operation really hitting the ab blood flow

There are different coloured (more sophisticated looking power bands) for altering the strain level

You can use it sitting up on a chair , or lying down (harder)

I expected to be mildly dissapointed, but no, i like this one a lot , 2nd time lucky

im using the highest level straight off, but apparently, stronger power bands can be purchased online

i never thought d see the day i would be backing one of these crazy american ad products Very Happy but im bought and sold on this one so far

6SecondABS
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 20 Feb 2010, 14:00

I was checking out some of the downhill racing at the winter olympics, and this is a very precise competition with zero margins for error, because they dont really race against each other, they race against the clock .

That might be acceptable to me, until i checked out the sort of gaps that they win or lose the competition by .

Your talking about a few hundredths of a second can be the difference between hero or zero, millions in sponsorship and freeebies or to be the forgotten ones

The problem being that hundredths of a second are not really perceivable by a human being , even 10ths of a second would be a problem . They can say that it equals an arms length or something but really , it could also equal an error in the timing . Id like to see how they test and justify these timing devices .

I would never "trust" a digital clock or its operators , because that tiny margin for victory or defeat is wide open for foulplay if a certain type of persona is preferred over another type by a big sponsor
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Sat 20 Feb 2010, 20:36

• I was checking out some of the downhill racing at the winter olympics, and this is a very precise competition with zero margins for error, because they dont really race against each other, they race against the clock .

Kapis, got home last night and was watching some of the down hill
competition. When the competitor from Sweden hit the flag and
wiped out I really felt for the guy, that was one heck of a fall.

Practices four for years and at the Olympics wipes out like that,
just the effort alone he should have gotten a medal I haven't seen
yet, a medal for supreme effort. Crying or Very sad
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 21 Feb 2010, 23:55

Theres been a few like that TG, in different disciplines , one moment of lost concentration or even a little nudge by a competitor and its all over, Even the bobsleighs worth a look when they lose control and hurtle down the track upside down What a Face
Im drawn to the speedskating as i have indulged in that, and the technical expertise of the figure skaters is sublime

Is that blaxploitation Flames Razz
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 22 Feb 2010, 00:12

I got a chance to watch the speed skating too Kapis. I like watching that as well. They did it again to Apolo Ohno last night!
Isn't it insane going 40 mph on blades, skating on water!
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 06 Apr 2010, 01:29

Shit, stallone still got a full tank of fuel, at 62 , but i dont dig the tatoo

Is he on Steroids ??????

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Tue 06 Apr 2010, 12:40

He has used steroids to pump up for some of his film roles in the past, but now he uses synthetic growth hormone.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-02-05-human-growth-hormone_N.htm

And he probably avoids using a needle for injection, but uses a Cool Click device to blast it through the skin.

Exercise Talk - Page 2 Coolcl10
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum