DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exercise Talk

+5
KapitanScarlet
tgII
quicksilvercrescendo
seraphim
Flames
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Exercise Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Exercise Talk

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 18 Jan 2011, 23:20

It is the measuring tape used to determine girths based upon height and wrist girth measurement and what you see in the mirror.

Definetly the only surefire method, but the technophobe in me likes to experiment and check out the emerging possibles, probables, improbables and even downright illusions Smile

Whats your emphasis take on the wrist girth qsc ?
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Thu 20 Jan 2011, 22:36

There are a couple of methods that bodybuilders use to estimate the best proportion of all their body's parts by using the wrist girth as a baseline measurement. It has been a while since I referred to them so they are not fresh in my mind. But maybe you can find them online.

You simply measure the wrist and then follow formulas to obtain "ideal" girth measurements for the rest of your body while considering your height.

But I don't really pay much attention to these things any longer. Just spend my time doing what I have to do to get the exercise in and do it consistently while eating well.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 23 Jan 2011, 02:58

Consistency and eating well

These are vital disciplines, but what i find myself, is that i have to continually introduce some form of new angle of approach to keep the act of staying in good shape stimulated in a positive manner that excites me .
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Sun 23 Jan 2011, 17:45

"Italian Food" covers a large spectrum of food.
What is it about Italian food that you would deem unhealthy?
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Mon 24 Jan 2011, 08:45

Understood. It's not the food, but your desire for it.

Many times people equate Italian food with too much refined carbohydrate or flour, which is not necessarily the case in native Italy, but in Americanized versions of their diet.

For the average individual who does not exercise or have a physical job, one may only need three servings of carbohydrates a week. As the liver's glycogen stores used for energy are replenished with this recommendation.

If someone has a physical job and perhaps exercises three times a week to once a day may need one serving of carbohydrate a day minimum to restore liver glycogen stores.

Anything more like athletics or extreme exercise for sport or for other reasons than just general healthy may require more servings of carbs a day.

But not all carbs are equal. Whole, organic, alkaline-forming, pre-soaked grains low in gluten are ideal.

My favorite healthy grains are teff, quinoa, millet and brown rice.

The avoidance of refined carbohydrates is a major key to good health. And I would say way too many rely on whole grain flours and their products as a compromise...but one should really try to stick with whole grains in their natural state or in the form of porridge or gruel.
Too many eat way to much bread and pasta. And one should consider avoiding yeasted methods of breadmaking but return back to using the fermentation process to make bread rise such as sourdoughs and such. As modernity has diminished these methods considerable and people's health suffer as a result.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 01 Feb 2011, 10:33

HEARTBEAT .......I FEEL MY HEARTBEAT, and im forming a closer relationship with it because the beat, its rythym and its speed and its intensity can tell you many things

Ive always kept the heartbeat knowledge mainly subconscious with only a couple of times in the past confirming my resting pulse in the 40s
Likewise blood pressure , when people go to a doctor and get told they have high blood pressure , my reply is, thats because your blood pressure rose in the presence of a doctor measuring it and that blood pressure can change dramatically in the same day, but i have received blank stares for that

I once had one of those early pulse counting watches, a casio, yeah a gimmick but todays pulse watches are much better although just giving a periodic measure as oppposed to a constant
Was also aware of the heartbeat sensors that can be worn around the chest , but i did not like the idea of wearing some belt and sensor with an electronic signal being buzzed around the heart, but times are changing .

Ive picked up and am using the latest ANT+ technology with my iphone, but i did the research first , here are my confirmations
How it works , you firstly download an exercise application for your smartphone, most are free, but its worth paying a couple of pounds to get an ad free version
These aps can be used to record and map any outdoor exercise as they use the smartphones gps to track, you can then view where youve been on a google map style , with graphs of how far it was, and how long it took with all the other various statistics available, av speed etc data also uploaded to a website for larger screen viewing and storing .

BUt then if you want to monitor your heartbeat , you have to purchase 2 more items, the first is a wireless sensor interface that plugs into your smartphone, and also the transmission sensor , either heartbeat or there are others available that do other things .

The technology has changed dramatically in recent times , the old hearbeat sensors used an analogue signal, but these new ones used high tech digital
I was first very resistant to wearing the elasticated belt around the chest, with the sensor , this was a fear that could only be dissipated by self analysis and comprehension
First thing i found out was how the heartbeat sensor works
It uses one of those flat cell batteries and can last up to 3 years because its power output is so tiny
It has a sleep mode, so that it only switches itself on when you put it on your chest and your heartbeat awakens it
Here is a comprehensible comparison of its power output comparing it to a mobile phone, as it uses the exact same 2.4 bandwidth
It uses 1/10000th of the mobile phones signal strength, plus, where a mobile phone is transmitting all the time on talk, this little baby only emits 4 pulses per second , each pulse being a microsecond in duration, which means that there is only a 4 microsecond emission of power every full second
Accuracy level of measurement = astounding , as good as any ecg made
What this equates to is that this heartbeat sensors transmission power can be interpreted as negligible, there is more wave power hanging around your nose in the ether.

The other subtle psychological restriction of the heartbeat sensor is just wearing its physical elasticated belt , which you can agjust tension of, but i found that i got used to this very quickly and its only worn for the duration of the measurement

What im using it for....

Monitoring heartbeat during a short run, you can see where your beat increases or decreases in regard to time and elevation and distance
Monitoring during a cycle
Monitoring during a drive
Monitoring during some body and weight and kettlebell exercises
Monitoring during an oil massage
Monitoring during an attempted meditation
Maybe even monitoring during another experience

The results will be interesting in their comparisons , ive already carried out 2 of the above and i will post my findings at a future date
Any comments on hearbeat theorys will also be welcome

anyone interested can find more info here about devices and the different apps for all the smart phones
http://www.wahoofitness.com/
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Tue 12 Apr 2011, 08:31

Kapis that's some fancy gadgets you got, I don't think I would ever hook myself up to one of those.
But I think it's great you are making that connection with the heartbeat.

Flames, your resting heartbeat is high, or maybe mine is too low, I believe that is my normal heart rate. I dread doing the blood pressure monitor sometimes it squeezes the wrong way and I almost pass out, but I'll get my pulse.
With such madness you got to have the good coffee.
Smile
I got a funny story, I really did pass out when I got blood work done. By the way did yours turn out okay, I thought you said you did one?
Amazing how blood and consciousness work. With just a little out of me, it changed my mentality and I couldn't think right, with a little more gone, I'm out for good.
Oh and have you ever thought of looking into taking L-tryptophan?
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:22

Better to sit in the most relaxed situation then check it flames to get true relaxed reading , because i noticed when i started my oil massage, it started higher because of the movement to get into position etc

ive tested out a few situations , for example during a deep oil massage , heartbeat can drop to 38bpm and also up to 84bpm depending on where touch is centering , but the massage can really take me into almost subconscious state between awake sleep at certain times

Then during a body weight exercise routine , with 1 minute rests betwen sets average heartbeat was 100 with about a 139 peak

kettlebell swings if doing a set of 35 each side with 16kg brings it up higher to 160 peak

but the highest consistent average which makes sense because of the constantness was doing a 2.5 mile run, was averaging 165 affraid without even attempting a sprint Very Happy but i had not run for a while so i reckon if i increase my routine that should drop a bit , also i think depends greatly on what weight you are carrying for running

still to try cycling and some other areas like meditation , walking, walking up hills , running up hills etc

Dont know if info any use beyond myself, because in theory i could monitor my own settings then by increasing exercise etc changing diet / weight , changes would be seen

They say that once you have established your resting heartbeat, that you can tell a lot about your condition, because when you are a little under the weather, the resting beat increases and maybe avoid extreme exercises at that point to minimise any overtraining syndromes

Seraphim - the idea of blood being sucked out of body horrifies me What a Face
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Tue 12 Apr 2011, 19:54

Forgot to mention I think it's great you are doing some yoga Flames, even if it's for toning and stretching it gets your mind ready.
Also I remembered how deceptive medical terminology is. The resting heart rate is actually your normal heart rate a person has. It is not actually what the heart rate is when the body is resting. So Kapis when you say your resting pulse is in the 40's, you mean when you do something extra to make it that way right? Great exercise routine by the way.

So never mind Flames, my resting heart rate is like yours.

However the word rest is defined. And the body doesn't even rest while sleeping anyway. You get something out of it, but not completely.
Can if the body, mind and soul can ever rest in this existence?
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Mon 18 Apr 2011, 01:25

The resting heart rate is actually your normal heart rate a person has. It is not actually what the heart rate is when the body is resting.

Im not aware of medical protocols, i took my resting beat when i was resting Very Happy so i guess i could refer to it as my conscious minimum

Did another experiment recently on an exercise bike, pumping the pedals in gear 4 at 30 km/hr, after 15 mins of this , my heartbeat approx 125, i was very aware that to speed up a bit more and retain speed would require more physical effort , naturally

But while pedalling and feeling a specific effort output , i then started squeeezing one of those exercise resistance things, still peddling at 30, this had the effect after 30 reps x 2 pulling and squeezing of raising heartbeat to 150, but what i did not account for, was that because my effort was now focussed on the upper body resistance thing, the awareness effort to maintain 30km/hr peddling in that gear had absolutely consciously lessened , it seemed much easier , whilst my mind was on the newly introduced upper body resistance machine which was chaneling my conscious effort

Once i stopped using the upper body machine, and just settled with the cycling , the effort required to maintain the cycling at 30 definetly felt consciously less than before

This now brings to mind that conscious effort and subconscious efforts are 2 differing pursuits and may point out how extreme efforts can be achieved by mind disciplines shuffling "effort consciousness" from conscious to subconscious when its a repetitive sustained pursuit
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Sat 14 May 2011, 07:24

i have no answers.

lifes just unfair and people are trash. theres so many dilemmas they make we just want to destroy the entire universe its that bad in my eyes.

for instance. what if one religion was right? how are you supposed to know that especially in our age of science and logic and reason? its very easy to be reasonable or demand proof. but why would god give us FOR SURE proof of something? or why would god expect us to believe in the absence of proof? its not fair to expect believers. but at the same time. his nemesis, satan. would have no power and be so easily defeated if there was proof. there'd be no struggle it wouldnt be epic it'd be stupid it'd be so easy.

so to give proof makes no sense because it ruins the conflict.
to give no proof makes no sense to punish an unbeliever because theres a megaton of propaganda about everything. people just need to eat and do hobbies. or are all these wordly things so fucking bad? like ALL of them? lets all mumble in robes with our eyes half closed and not smile and meditate and eat just basic things and care about the grass. a giant planet just for waiting to die cause youre going to be taken care of in death? what if i dont want to die and goto heaven or hell? what if i just want to be nothing forever? god seems to ask a LOT and satan seems to just be a huge dick and make us into fags and wants us to be disgusting and vile and relishes in our emotional and spiritual depravity and pain.

thats what i think about. i just want both sides to be done with. how to we rebel against satan and god at the same time? make our own world with our own sun size and day cycle? i hate this place so much i actually cant kill myself because im deathly afraid of how bullshit my death is going to be.
highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sat 14 May 2011, 09:05

Highnoon, I guess.....not making too much of anything that the world throws you, is a good thing to do. So you don't get too caught up in the reality out there.

Flames, maybe most of us have all been on an adrenaline rush for too long and operating on fear, no wonder endorphins are in much need. I think it's time folks experience all the stages and beyond and not just the beta. Wouldn't that be great. I've been getting in between the beta and theta stages even more than usual lately, another world right in front of you.

What frequency do you want to be on?

seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 14 May 2011, 11:56

What frequency do you want to be on?

I will have to consider the implications of that question , in regards to thoughts and desires

I dont think there is such a thing as a "Gods truth" in the manner that most religions and religious people fear
To live by a doctrine can provide "apparent" security but must by its very nature of fixation eventually stagnate its hosts

I detect that truths are revealed in 3 different stages of revealing confrontations

The first lesser stage is through other humans expressions
The intermediate stage is through ones intuition
The deeper stage is through dreams

It is up to each self to extract truths from these and then integrate that wisdom into the development of ones self
But how a personality has developed offers up many barriers to these truths, enflamed ego, doused ego, fear, anxiety, idle stagnated laziness, ignorant conditioning by societys are all barriers to the receptance of truths

That is why any fear and anxiety and depression must be encountered openly by the self head on, as there must always be reasons for these symptoms although the persona may not have the articulative tools to form these reasons for themselves or may be too fearful to bring them up to consciousness as they will threaten the actual developed interactive personality as it is in the material world

So its just easier to take a pill or a drink , thats just how it is in these times

But in theory , any depression or fear or anxiety poses up a deep question to the self , which is pointing out to the self, life is not currently beneficial to ones spirit and why ?

The spirit is asking the pilot a question , which everyone can only address alone but there are many echoes out there to pick up from via the 3 stages of import, but unfortunately the pilot is most often concussed by their exposure to certain forms of societys conditioning and the pills and drink are always at hand...or other easier distractions and everyone else is so easily distracted so why not , one may for sure try and convince oneself

Revelatory Truth in this case being information that informs the spiritual consciousness to reach a higher state of appreciation and harmony of its self and other selfs it encounters

thats what i think about. i just want both sides to be done with. how to we rebel against satan and god at the same time?

We got the "Humanists Society " over here High Noon
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Mon 16 May 2011, 08:34

it sounds interesting.

i kinda feel bad for you flames. sleep is really important. marijauna can help you sleep but you live in america might be dangerous to smoke it i dont know. i have no idea how care free you can be about smoking it or buying it but joe rogan talks about weed all the time on tv and radio and his house isnt busted yet. so im not sure.

when you smoked marijuana what did it do for you?

i miss it actually id like to be high right now lol. i could thenmake a mediocre meal and it'd taste awsome! lol
highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Thu 19 May 2011, 12:13

Hindu Squats - Excellent "Burn up" exercise, had not tried them for a few months, decided to go for 300 and check heartbeat response.

Heartbeat Reps
66 Start
125 100
142 150
152 200
162 250
165 300

Time = 4 mins per 100 at controlled pace, 12 mins total

Conclusion = progressive and sustained increase of heartbeat rate up to hardcore anaerobic , maybe could be co-related for intensity (dependent on speed of rep) with running up a hill which i have not tested yet but will do this summer

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Tue 24 May 2011, 07:47

Thanks for the responses, may you all find your bliss (Joseph Campbell) but remember be like water my friend (Bruce Lee).
Watch out for stagnation.
Smile
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next