DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exercise Talk

+5
KapitanScarlet
tgII
quicksilvercrescendo
seraphim
Flames
9 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Exercise Talk Empty Re: Exercise Talk

Post  seraphim Wed 02 Dec 2009, 06:37

About expunging negativity through exercise totally agreed. It's funny the entire well being thread is actually about getting in touch with the shadow, so be a dickhead if you have to! It's very unique, I've never seen a thread like this before, you always get people talking about vitamins or nutrition or the latest findings or this or that.

Don't want to ruin the flow of the thread, I really like it, but I read that a person gets an endorphin high when exercising and why they feel better and not only that but some other good news, you heard that once your brain cells are gone, they can't be brought back, you know like when you drink they say you kill your brain cells. Well they say that excercise regenerates brain cells.

Weight lifting I've done and plan to get back at, jogging I plan on doing as well, just have to make time.

p.s. the anti-depressant tryptophan is now being sold over the counter.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Wed 02 Dec 2009, 17:54

This is what I find to be relevant concerning exercise and fitness.

It is important to do an initial self-inventory before embarking upon exercise of any kind and it is well worth this initial work prior to doing anything in the realm of deliberate physical activity to enhance health and performance.

It is good to define what you want and should expect from your exercise selection and routines. This will lay the foundation for it becoming consistent rather than dropping off over time. It takes into consideration your uniqueness of genetics, body type and what agrees with your physiology while reducing dropping off and short or long-term injury to the body's soft-tissue structures. Particularly tendons, ligaments, spinal discs, bursa and joint complexes.

This is the main concern regarding exercise. STICKING TO IT AND DOING IT CONSISTENTLY AND SAFELY.

The vast majority of people do not maintain a consistent routine of exercise and end up dropping off and then not doing any exercise whatsoever. It becomes a binging experience of periods of consistency and dedication with eventually doing nothing at all.
I believe about 50%-60% of all new gym members no longer attend within a year's time of starting.
Setting patterns of behavior that do not work will only reinforce further patterns of behavior that do not work.

Having worked as a therapeutic massage therapist, physical trainer, yoga and martial arts practitioner for over twenty years with a lot of experience with chiropractors, osteopathic physicians and physical therapist, as well as an array of alternative therapists I can perhaps share with you some thoughts and philosophies on the topic. I have a few sub-specialties and have done over 30,000 professional sessions with bodywork and even more with consultations regarding health in this context. It is by having talked to many people over the years that has educated me the most, not classes, books or even learning from professional associates. I shall include a distillation of my thoughts and philosophies on the subject.
Please take what you like from it and remember it is an individual effort and journey to be customized by yourself and for yourself.

I do feel that it is important to get a general physical to make sure there are no underlying health problems that may be aggravated by embarking on exercise, particularly of the cardio-vascular system. The current state of degenerative health and diseases in society dictates that a preventative health screening is paramount to identifying any conditions which could lead to serious complications to your health as a result of embarking upon exercise. Your current state of health and any pre-existing conditions or problems should be taken into consideration. Exercise can, in some instances, help to remedy certain conditions, but additional precautions and customization will be necessary for these types of people.
I would also consider my health history of past surgeries, medications, injuries and whether I have any pain in my body at all or areas of weakness or some type of chronic problem. These may need to be resolved before certain exercise can be done, or a strategy applied of using exercise to eradicate them. This is highly individual and cannot be addressed in a forum post alone. If you currently have body pain or some type of symptoms then they should be considered when structuring your exercise selection and program.

I then highly recommend a second physical examination, especially if you plan on doing any form of resistance training, free weights or use of a machine/apparatus with your exercise plan.
A structural examination.
One that includes an examination of your feet by a pediatrist. Making sure the arches and ankle-to-lower leg structures are sound and in good alignment. The feet are the foundation of the body and they support its weight. Good alignment and proper functioning of the feet are important to protecting the rest of the body's joints and spine. If you are going to be increasing the load onto the body with exercise, then good feet will serve you well over the long-term of being able to exercise 20-30-50-75 years. Good arch supports, or even orthopedic ones if you need them and good athletic shoes are vital. As second evaluation by a Rolfer/Structural Integration practitioner may provide information from a different perspective than a pediatrist, but just as valuable. As this perspective will also look at the alignment of the whole body in relation to the feet and postural compensations that you may wish to address with this therapy. Do consider the car analogy. What happens to your car when the tires are improperly aligned, how quickly do they wear and in an imbalanced fashion? Then consider your feet also not being aligned and how that may wear your ligaments not only in your legs, but also your spinal discs. Not to be ignored.

You want to be structurally sound over your lifetime and injury free. Injuries only make you hurt and prevent you from exercising. Injury prevention, both short-term and long-term is most important. For example, a minor technical error in bench pressing angles of the arms may not cause injury that workout, but over fifteen years could lead to shoulder problems that will now have to be remedied by medical means, even surgery. And with the cost of health care and the uncertainty of success with certain procedures, why even put yourself in that position when all you really wanted to do was be healthy. Don't be your worst enemy to yourself and think of the long-term journey regarding your health and well-being.
You must consider yourself to be valuable enough for this thoughtful consideration.

Along with this second structural examination, I recommend the consultation of a "good" and well-reputed chiropractor to at least look at your spine. Maybe 20% of chiropractors are "excellent", and 50% are "good", the rest incompetent or ineffective. Go with a personal referral to increase the odds of getting a good one or one that specializes in sports medicine. To determine the alignment of the vertebrae and their affect on spinal nerves is very important. That there is no twisting or curving of the spine that may also need to be taken into consideration. A spinal curve or aberration does not mean you can't exercise, but it becomes part of your individual customization of exercise selection and routines. And again, all done to eliminate injury. Should an ethical chiropractor reveal to you on X-Ray a problem, then consider a treatment schedule to remedy the problem. Neck and lower back problems will tend to worsen over time with weight training and certain exercises.
It is important that proper alignment is restored and reinforced prior to exercise.

If you have muscle tension or related problems then even a couple good therapeutic massage sessions prior to embarking on an exercise program can do a lot to prepare you for gains in health. Myofascial release, trigger point, Rolfing/Structural Integration, deep-tissue and other specialties are extremely valuable. And these should be utilized from time to time during the year while you are exercising. Again, look for a licensed professional in your area with good experience and a personal referral increases the chances of you finding a good one. This can be helpful should you suffer an injury of any kind and get you back to exercising as soon as possible. You really want to start out exercise being pain-free or having a good management of any physical/structural problems you may already have.

I will elaborate further with some follow up posts.

(Damn...I should eventually just make some vids on U-Tube, as I have this whole presentation down to memory and more people could access it. Perhaps this will begin a series of articles to form a script for such an endeavor.)

Last edited by quicksilvercrescendo on Wed 02 Dec 2009, 19:12; edited 1 time in total
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Wed 02 Dec 2009, 19:02

Okay.

So let's say we are passed the initial pre-exercise considerations and you are relatively healthy in this respect. There are always individual concerns to be considered as to what type of exercise you are going to do and the routines you will follow. Some of these have now been covered and would be taken into consideration regarding your personal health history and where you are currently in your physical state.

People are different. Body types, physiology, health histories and health objectives. So generalities can be applied overall, but specifics are just as important. But for the sake of presentation I will be somewhat general.

Many people are now over-fat, overweight. obese or toneless.
Many are cardiovascularly insufficient. The don't exert to the point of having to breathe deeply.
Many people just don't even move their body's enough every day.

Oxygen. Breathing. Without it, in just a few minutes, you are dead. It is the one thing, when deprived of it, will end your life the quickest. Thus, it is primary. in your need for it. Oxygenation of the body is done through deep breathing and circulation of oxygen throughout the body. All forms of exercise contribute to this on some level. Most relate it to the term "cardio".

The general advice is cardio, at least, three times a week for at least 20 minutes per session to benefit the cardiovascular system at a minimum.

But is this correct? Why is it correct? Because some scientist said so?
Do we question the political wisdom regarding the general recommendations concerning cardio?
Is it really beneficial? Are their detriments? What are healthy recommendations?
And what are the best forms of cardio available? And why may they not be so good for you?
(I will address these questions regarding cardio in a later and more specific post)

Cardio creates heat which burns calories, but also expends water.
The body is mostly water 75-90% (the brain is on the high end of the scale and with this proportion of water in its make-up, it must be important to how you ultimately feel).
Fluid movement and exchange is one of the most vital aspects to physiology and health. One must be properly hydrated considering the make-up and composition of the human body being so much water. Partial or chronic dehydration is not really detectable nor indicated by thirst, and is even less reliable as you get older. And the most basic of body functions are hampered when not adequately hydrated. Want the most our of your efforts from exercise? Be and maintain proper hydration. Increased water intake can flush out nutrients from the body and this intake must be balanced with salt and electrolyte intake. Very important to maintaining your energy levels, and thus, your enthusiasm. You can read the book "Your Body's Many Cries for Water" to get an idea of just how profound this is and how to hydrate properly. You try to exercise consistently and maintain consistent motivation through results without proper hydration and I will soon see you back on the sofa with a bag of Cheetos and a TV clicker in your hand, now worse off than when you started.
http://www.watercure.com/

It is very important to consider the short and long-term effects of compression and impact on the body during exercise and how this may need to be considered as to how you organize your own personal practice.
Exercise is the most strenuous and arduous activity you will probably be subjecting yourself to unless your are a competitive athlete. Exercise breaks down the body and your gains in any area are the result of your body being able to recuperate and re-build itself following this activity. Exercise is stress. It is vital to benefit from exercise that you have and maintain a good recuperative ability. Most exercise in a way and with much enthusiasm that actually wears down the recuperative ability of the body and thus hampers their progress, ultimately leading to less results over time and a falling off from consistency, or worse, illness or injury. I will elaborate on this all-important aspect to exercise in a later post. Metabolic and systemic recovery from moderate exercise is what makes you healthy, not just the exercise itself. If you are stressed, exercise is just more stress. Can you handle it, or what intensity should you begin with so that you do not throw your body's chemistry into a state of not being able to repair itself effectively? Ignore this and fail to address it and you are done before you start.

Further posts will include commentary on these additional three areas concerning exercise.

Body movement, stretching and flexibility.
Calisthetics and body-weight only or non-apparatus exercise.
Apparatus exercise and weight training.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Wed 02 Dec 2009, 22:51

When it comes to cardio and exercise, I tend to try to examine man's basic physiology and how it would have to respond in nature and physical demands prior to man's impositions of civilization and post-industrial developments upon his lifestyle.

Prior to modernity in this sense, humans would be dedicated to hunting, fishing and agriculture. So wandering to gather water, food or hunt would be common. Eventually, remaining in a fertile location to farm and raise livestock would later develop and those physical requirements would also be of a basic nature for our needs and survival.

The most basic and essential of activities would be...walking. It does not require a device or apparatus of any kind other than foot protection. A balanced foot, flexible leg and back muscles and good shoes are a must.

To pick up the pace, when needed, we would then have jogging.
And for the rare times, when needed, running or sprinting.
And also the need to leap or jump as an extension of ambulating oneself on two legs.
But explanations of each, used for exercise, need examination in regards to impact over benefit and affects to body physiology that may not be beneficial to the gaining health and recovery aspects of training and recuperation cycles.

Walking in sand, water, snow, rocky crags and elevations would provide resistance or a different stress related to the activity. Stairs would be an extension of natural rocky elevations and I would include stair walking as a modern, but a related part of man's basic early physical actions. But the emphasis, in this basic context, is just you and the earth.

There were no electric treadmills, no bicycles or stationary exercise bicycles, there were no skis or ski machines, there were no electric stair climber machines, not even electricity, but natural terrain to overcome and the demands of survival fueling the activity to walk, jog, run or jump.

Meaning...there were no mechanical devices that are now so commonly utilized/imposed upon man's physical structure in terms of what is considered "cardio" exercise. The apparatus was not yet designed for the purpose of exercise. People's lives were...exercise.

The only exception to this to be considered would be the later development of the yoga, physical exercise, and martial arts systems of the world and its history which may have began to employ non-electric and simple devices to assist in physical training. So let that distinction be known and considered. But let it also be known that to deviate from something that is "natural" to man may also have its detriments, or at least criticisms leading to preferences common to what is now modern exercise and its technologies.

Walking. (Once matured, able to stand erect and balance oneself)
A most basic and fundamental motion for the human body. Heel to toe, arm swing, alternating side to side with a cross-patterned motion has a direct and profound relationship on how the nervous system works.

It is in my opinion the most important of all exercises and no other exercise activity can replicate its benefits to the human body and mind. Walking actually balances the body structurally with this cross-patterned motion and all the micro-movements associated with this activity. Walking allows the brain to secrete stress-relieving and mentally uplifting chemicals.
It's profundity to health cannot be overstated and there is no substitute for it. Even most of the elderly or infirm can do some walking. If you can't walk three to five miles without some kind of a problem then you have some work cut out for you when it comes to getting in shape and exercising comfortably and safely.

Most walking would have been done outside and not in an enclosed building with recycled or conditioned air. When you consider the previously stated importance of oxygen and consider just how poor indoor air can really be, then the qualitative difference regarding oxygenation in indoor v.s. outdoor environments may be considerable. I think it should be mentioned that outside cardio is more beneficial than indoor cardio for this reason. But, we no longer are struggling in the wild to survive, so indoor environments do offer the luxury to exercise without the inconvenience of uncomfortable weather. But do keep in mind that it should be a priority to get outside and do cardio and deeply breathe in some of the highest quality and freshest air you can acquire. The exposure to sun and elements in moderate amounts can benefit the body and mind in ways not even measurable scientifically, but are no less profound upon you. People were probably more robust back in earlier times.

I know for my Taoist Chi Gong practice that being outside close to natural running water and trees will give you more of a Chi buzz than being inside. But doing most forms of Chi Gong is not good if you are cold, and unless you can use Chi to warm yourself, being inside during winter months is more advantageous. This can only translate over to the more external forms of physical exercise as well.

This leads to indoor exercise and the use of the electric treadmill as an alternative but not to be used exclusively to walking outside. The area should be well-ventilated with good air flow, temperature comfortable and on a machine of high quality. Walking on a treadmill is not exactly like walking on the earth. The treadmill moving under your foot is not the same, but quite close. Reduction of impact is key with a treadmill, particularly if you are going to also jog, run or sprint and want the treadmill and its performance to last a long time.
http://www.consumersearch.com/treadmills
http://www.consumersearch.com/treadmills/important-features
Some people like the Smooth brand...
http://www.smoothfitness.com/
For runners...
http://www.consumersearch.com/treadmills/treadmills-for-runners

So, whether outside and natural or indoors with a treadmill, one must consider what is the way to walk, how fast and how long. Jogging and running also considerations as to the type of treadmill one acquires. Also, there are incline features which can stress the workout and be beneficial if not overdone.

The general advice is cardio, at least, three times a week for at least 20 minutes per session to benefit the cardiovascular system at a minimum. And I would agree that compared to doing absolutely nothing, this will provide a considerable benefit. And then you have all the tips on target heart rate and for how long and all that technical yada...yada...yada....snore. All of these treadmills are packed with electronics and programs. It would almost seem they are, at times, one step away from being life support systems in case you have a coronary during your workout and the thing would actually sustain you and get your heart back to beating. Most of this is cool and can be of great use, but what good is it if you treadmill becomes something you just hang your clothes on in three months? Keeping your training basic keeps your focus where it needs to be...deep and full, but relaxed breathing, good walking posture, and breaking a healthy sweat for a slightly challenging duration of time and with an intensity appropriate for you, or even that particular day where perhaps you are not feeling as "strong" and energetic as usual, but still want to get some exercise done. The no pain, no gain philosophy is not apropos here for long term training and long term benefit to overall health with injury prevention in mind.

There is something to consider with walk-jog-run and exercise in general when it comes to intensity and duration. It has to do with gaining benefit from exercise without overtaxing the body and its recuperative abilities. This has to do with what your state of health is now and where you want to go or why you are training. An Olympic athlete is not the same as Bubba who wants to lose a couple of pounds before his twentieth high school reunion. But it is important here to discuss physiology during exercise to make certain individual determinations.
And also how your other forms of exercise and training are affected by your choice to do cardio and your fitness goals.

I will explain this in my next post as it does relate to all exercise and progression without harm or injury in order to promote long-term participation in exercise activity.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  tgII Thu 03 Dec 2009, 01:45

Definitely, qsc, some very good common sense insights on keeping in
good shape physically. Just yesterday went down to the river and
did my usual routine.

Will keep all this in mind as the winter months come rolling in making
it harder to head outdoors for exercise. Especially while doing sprints
sucking in all that cold air!
What a Face

I would also like to remind every one it's never too late to begin gradually
and very carefully working your way up to greater resistance. Actually,
easier said then done, last week I started doing repetitive squats
(up to about 350 now) and after the first 30 said, "screw this, I'm
going home." Really, I tell ya, it's a bitch sometimes to find the
strength and motivation to stay with it for long periods of time.

Breaks are definitely required.

And don't forget full back bridges, either free standing or against a
wall, these are just about the greatest overall strength and flexibility
exercise you can do. I'm not joking, I could barely get my head and
legs up the first three weeks practicing these, damn near scared me
to death thinking how in the hell can I ever get the back of my head
tightly compressed up against my shoulders and upper back without
snapping my neck?

I'm not ready to try this but almost there: scratch

• Exercise Talk Draft_lens2440282module14032932photo_12337038732personweightcombo
tgII
tgII

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Thu 03 Dec 2009, 02:21

Thats quite a considerable opener Qsc , One thing that interests me of late , and which i think i have not given enough credence to in past times, is the absolute importance of " relaxation"

But relaxation is just a word that means so many different things to different people

So i would rephrase it as "integrated Relaxation" attuned to ones lifestyle

For example, many people beleive that just by going to sleep, they are relaxing , but quality of sleep is dependent on many many aspects of how one is existing , and many peole are not really relaxing in sleep

Some people have claimed, and i am seriously starting to buy into this, that exceptional relaxation can be had in waketime equal to that available from a sound sleep , but to achieve this , requires a filtering of the mind-chatter, and also a re-harmonising of the body to the psyche .

THis is something that walking can tend to initiate as it gently or more briskly stimulates the breathing, the physicality and the psyche to a degree of effort or effortlessness determined in real time by the self in motion

Intensity of Walking can be attenuated to task the physicality and the respiratory functions or to gently stimulate those in a more relaxation mode , both extremes also having different effects on the psyche .

BUt for those carrying out more extremes of exercise , they can often loose the ability to truly relax .

The nervous system has a nice feedback to the psyche to an nth development , and its so easy to loose touch with this in the modern society , i suppose thats what i refer to by reharmonising the psyche with the body, tuning into ones nervous system

and after the first 30 said, "screw this, I'm
going home." Really, I tell ya, it's a bitch sometimes to find the
strength and motivation to stay with it for long periods of time.

too true, i have to constantly vary what i do to keep me interested Smile

A good topic flames, i should have transferred the ex with iron into here to, i beleive that it was u that posted it back on another forum or was it me or someone else , cant mind now but that lesson of the iron is a great piece
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Thu 03 Dec 2009, 21:59

quicksilvercrescendo, excellent consultation, folks ought to be charged for your professional advice.

There is a saying to at least try and do one's best. And no doubt you do that in your field. Smile

For sure Kapis, walking and stretching can increase the chi and prepare one for other exercises such as weigh lifting. I think they call it warming up, but it's so much more than that.

Isn't the martial art Aikado a form of relaxing while in combant.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Thu 03 Dec 2009, 23:38

Yes, but actual combat is a stress situation. And stress situations and firing up of the adrenals is actually a negative event when it comes to health. Sparring is another story because it is not a life and death or competitive scenario.
And this I will explain further when it comes to acidifying the system and creating harmful cortisol through exercise methods that do not respect body physiology and contribute to long-term health for an average individual.

My point, thus far, is that no matter what "other" exercise you do...nothing can and nothing should replace a minimum amount of the most basic exercise...walking. This is a requirement as the body demands this more than anything. So before you skip a rope, pick up a weight or apparatus or take some class of something trendy, walking should already be a part and remain a part of your program. No exceptions and no substitutions Everything else becomes an addition.
I would also add that stretching comes next in importance and cannot be replaced by an other activity.
And that body-weight non-apparatus exercise for strength and coordination are also deserving of a place or priority in a routine as well.

Apparatus training comes in last place, in my opinion. If you don't have the time to walk, stretch and do non-apparatus exercise in your routine, then you really should not make time to train with an apparatus, machines or weight equipment.
If you do satisfy the use of walking, stretching and body-only exercise, then machines and apparatus become the final addition to this routine as far as using something outside of yourself for reliance upon increasing your health.
But many of the exercises using apparatus are detrimental over the long term and proper technique is not properly taught even my professional authorities on the matter. Particularly when it comes to respecting the recuperative ability of the body and keeping that ability sound and functioning so you don't break the body down over time doing something you thought was going to make it healthier.

I will, when I have time go into this from my personal perspective.
If you have a sound diet and avoid non-food which is about 50% of your physical health and properly and consistently are physically active, then apparatus training can be integrated into that routine as an addition. Lifting weights is a great compressive and shearing stress to the body and is more agreeable to the young, but must be done properly and strictly.

It is here that I will jump ahead to apparatus training and suggest, what I think is the best 2 books (by the same author) and perspective on it for the genetically average, non-competitive athlete, non-drug-enhancing "typical" person who is looking to use equipment to gain fitness, strength, size, etc.
http://www.hardgainer.com/
http://lookgreat.hardgainer.com/

His new book and a previous title "Beyond Brawn" are really the most outstanding books on the subject.

I would also add that good sexual activity and the physical movements and exertions of sex are another form of beneficial exercise with that same focus on what is basic to human needs and physiology. (and that is one reco going out for the kap-man).

But what is healthy is sticking with basics and recognizing what is real and getting away from commercial, marketing and technological-based hype that actually does the opposite. Health is an industry that does not profit by you being content with it and prospering.
I have been drinking raw milk for two years now. I have been lied to about it all my life. What a great food. People who denounce it cannot be anything else but ignorant of the truth for whatever reason or nefarious influence.
Part 1 of 3...
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Fri 04 Dec 2009, 00:00

Isn't the martial art Aikado a form of relaxing while in combant.

Relaxation, meditation and the chi practices were precursors and existed long before the combat methods were developed.
The internal aspects of energy and the external practices or martial arts do have crossover in their applications.
And Aikido is an external art of leverages that does utilize energy practices that enhance the ability to fight or defend.

But what if you could freeze or remove the desire for someone to even want to or be able to fight you without you having to raise a finger against them to do it. That, to me, is the goal of a martial artist in regards to combat.
The Art of Fighting, Without Fighting. And this is where advanced chi practice can actually accomplish resolution with minimal physical exchange. And a little common sense also helps.

I have found that I do not find myself being confronted once I no longer drank alcohol, drank alcohol publicly, or hang out with people who drink alcohol while they are drinking. I also do not attend large gatherings of crowds desiring entertainment like rock concerts and sporting events, etc. These places and scenarios hold nothing for me at all...so it isn't necessarily avoidance...they just are not significant to me or my reality. And I have found that the amount of confrontations brought to me by this one thing alone almost makes the possibility of me being in a fight almost non-existent.

And should a confrontation begin to suggest itself, I have found common sense and tact can pretty much take care of it before anything physical occurs.

Other than this, a confrontation would pretty much have to be an all-out ambush. And in that scenario someone will usually attack because they have situated themselves with a high chance or success or advantage over you. Which may mean that all your skills may not even be able to be utilized. Like if someone pulls a gun on you and says...give me your wallet.
Then you just give them your wallet and try to guarantee yourself an out leaving you unscathed. And I have done this at knife point once and gunpoint twice in my life. Where there was nothing you could do or should try to do other than comply and let them be on their way. Chi powers or flying spinning roundhouse kicks meant nothing in these instances...other than assurance of my demise.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Fri 04 Dec 2009, 01:08

Really sound and thoughtful information Qsc , my own situation ties in with a lot of things you say in these last posts, i look forward to the comments on acidifying the system and maybe any thoughts on bones with regard to exercising to keep them in optimum condition

Thats a lot of energy directed by experience you donated with these posts , you know its really appreciated Wink

Flames, the mind chatter is worthy of a topic in itself, i would have to think a while before i could even comment on my own experiences , maybe others will have some thoughts
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Fri 04 Dec 2009, 21:54

The effectiveness of a well-conditioned shin bone and the low kick.
The loser of the bout could have just simply raised his lead leg to diminish the impact of the low kick, but the kicks are low and therefore are very quick to the target...so a defensive maneuver is hard to muster.
And the loser was not able to effectively shoot in for a successful takedown when the low kick was thrown. That was his chance and he blew it.

quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 05 Dec 2009, 01:40

Wouldnt like to get on the wrong side of these guys then Qsc Shocked well developed destroyers
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sat 05 Dec 2009, 06:32

That's wonderful about the milk quicksilvercrescendo, cheers! I agree about how stressful resistance training can be, it doesn't seem normal or what a body is supposed to endure. Wasn't there an older man in his 70's who was a famous body builder, I wonder how he is doing. I also wonder if people exercise this extreme just to get the dopamine rush.

Kapis, did you want information on acidifying the body and keeping the bones strong?
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 05 Dec 2009, 15:27

Extreme exercise in bursts , does seem to have the effect of clearing some "cobwebs" from the psyche, for which more gentler exercise does not give for me

Bur Qsc mentioned sexual exertions and maybe i have as well in the past , and for me, gentler walking , more extreme weight or resistance or sprint training and sexual exertions all have completly different effects on my psyche in the aftermath , so i think all 3 are a nice part of a healthy plan for well-being in my case, but the term "extreme" is always relative to the individual

Recently , i have an aquaintance who was very healthy and broke a bone in a freak accident , i also had a rare accident recently due to someone else, and i was so lucky or fortunate not to have broken a bone, so i am very interested in how bones can remain strong
Acidification is also a subject brought to my attention by various people recently and i would like to get to grips with the thoughts behind it .
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Sat 05 Dec 2009, 21:48

houston is fighting kimbo slice today on spike tv matter of fact
highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 09 Jan 2010, 11:44

Yeah thats an interesting observations Blackbird and fLames, i was always right handed myself, but in 2001 , i decided to start using my left hand for the computer mouse, because i thought if im using this like 4 hours a day, then i might as well use it as an oppurtunity to train the left hand a bit , and i am now always aware of using it where it seems more natural to use it rather than cross over to the unconsciously preferred right .
But in the uk, the gear stick is on left .

One more thing i might add that also came to mind, was how many people use their toes muscles ?

if you try and move them, together or individually you will see the weaknessess , this could definetly be related to circulation problems for some people, i never ever get cold feet or cold hands unless im out in -20 c for a timespell, like recently , but in general no.

dOes this ambidex have a mirror efect to the psyche, i think there is every possibility of that myself

When thinking / contemplating sometimes one thing comes to mind and is apparently favoured by the self, just like one side of the physique is , maybe , so training the other side might develop the internal dialogue to "consider" both sides of the story more, rather than the "apparent intinstively or in some cases habitual preferred one "
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sat 09 Jan 2010, 21:30

Hi Blackbird
Do you think that the corpus collosum in the brain is split like it is for a reason. That is what produces the mirror effects and duality like right or left handed I read. So it sure is interesting that if you try to use both sides of your body your brain compensates.

Not sure about that toe circulation and less movement kapis. I have borderline low everything, blood pressure, thyroid, meaning I get cold hands and feet. But I've alway been an acrobat and double jointed but becoming less flexible I noticed if I don't move. I move everything and my toes just fine, but the slow circulation is due to the organs or physiology.
But yeah the mirror affect and ambidextrous I do believe go hand in hand!

I'm right handed, sometimes I got the left handed desk Flames! Wasn't fun!
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum