DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jungian Psychology

4 posters

Go down

Jungian Psychology Empty Jungian Psychology

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 24 Nov 2009, 00:23

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Jungian Psychology Empty Re: Jungian Psychology

Post  KapitanScarlet Wed 25 Nov 2009, 21:30

was it thoughts discipline feeling and feelings can warm, give colour to thoughts
something like that, but that guy does a great job of presenting those ideas.
He definetly made jung more accessible with that presentations
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Fri 27 Nov 2009, 22:37

Flames for sure as for those who know about how things work....I don't want to be played like an instrument....don't hypnotise me.....but that's how it's always been....
When I first read some of the Protocols of Zion on the internet the first thing that struck me was that they knew everything about a person down to the t. I wasn't interested in bashing them, but I like to study those who try and use their willpower over me. Jungian and Freud are just the tip of the iceberg on their theories compared to the Zions.

So how to not lose one's identity or be swayed into the melting pot by these folks. It's crazy how one can be stripped of everything have no idea of Self and turned into something else. And when time is speeded up it's easier to change people like this so people won't know what has happened to them and not think a thing of it. I guess it's part of living in the cosms, but then their are those who manipulate it.

Kapis, maybe if one can control another persons thoughts then one can control that persons feelings. Great book The Shadow Dance by David Richo that he recommends would like to post some quotes.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 28 Nov 2009, 00:41

I dont think its possible to control another persons thoughts unless that person has allowed such influence through their own docility or ignorance , ( so i suppose it is possible Shocked ) but there is conscious ignorance and there is subliminal ignorance, as u say, there are people here now in this world who are very very adept at subliminal influences (some by design others by natural expression ) and how to manipulate or influence beings with that adjusted being always beleiving they made a free choice

Yeah please feel free to post quotes you think are apt, as this shadow concept is very interesting

There is a saying ......." he or she has got baggage" they have unexamined or unsolved psychic issues from their past
In every persons existance , there is joy and there may come despair , lightness and darkness or vice versa whatever is your kick

But the key thing for personal evolution is that you have to learn to integrate the dark with the light , not hide it or deny it
That translates to me as try and learn the lesson from the despair and integrate it into something that evolves, but never ever expect despair , i say Smile and sometimes the psyche can create its own despair

When someone is carrying baggage , they are spiritually restricting themselfs

When someone is in denial of their own baggage , they are then in sight of the door of the psychopath

Yes please post some quotes about the shadow

My back hurts from the weight Very Happy
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  highnoon Sat 28 Nov 2009, 17:39

I dont know if i can agree with jungian and freud on all things as i am a believer of wilheim reich's orgone radiation. I dont know how many know about reich being a student of freud? and how he was cast out of the european official psychiatry association, thats not the name of it, but you know what i mean?

if anyone is not familiar take a look at this quick 30 minute professional documentary.

[youtube]

according to these docs, reich discovered that there was an energy expressed in the emotions. using human subjects he discovered a charge at the skins surface directly related to feelings of pleasure or anxiety. increase for pleasure to the periphery of an organism, decreased for anxiety and toward the center.

he discovered that sterilized and un sterilized particles of grass blood, sand charcoal, and food stuffs disintegrate into pulsating blueish coloured vesicles. he called them bions. he discovered this from investigating the orgasm function, hence his discovery of orgone. later to be used to dispearse clouds based on the rules that orgone have to follow.

and basically many neurotic or manic disorders are caused when "sexual transmutation" has gone awry. i remember you mentioning your reading of napoleon hill back a few months ago, Kapis. perhaps you can put some pieces together :p
highnoon
highnoon

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sat 28 Nov 2009, 22:34

Kapis, I will post on the shadow,I will post on the shadow, I will..........:seraphim is in a subliminal trance state!:
What is your favorite dessert by the way?

Highnoon excellent I would really like to read more about Reich. Yeah he was a student. The sexual energy is very powerful and why some with bad intentions have been feeding off of it for ages. But there are other things it can be used for not just cloudbursting chemtrails.

It's good that he explains it in a scientific way as every one needs some kind of proof nowadays or they won't believe it exists. Ignoramus'!!
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 29 Nov 2009, 11:36

Please do Seraphim... in your own time of course, i only mention it after you do so as not to apply pressure of any sort Smile

Highnoon - I agree with a lot of Reichs observations especially regarding the relationship between sexual energy transmutation and neurotic
His body armour theory definetly hilds weight for me

I know for sure from my own personal experience that there is definetly an emotional electrical energy aroused through sexual arousal
Also twice through acupuncture, i have witnesed and felt tremendous bursts of electrical current being released through my own being , i mean a jolt of electrical current flowing from one point to another in the body as the final needle is inserted .
But i would be very careful of whom i took acupuncture from in this world , your intuition is your best friend in this case, and i also remember that intuition is a constant signal , if it changes from positive to negative, observe the patterns beforejudgement as sometimes intuition can be tainted by ones own overiding excitations

I can also say for definite that sexual energy arousal and transmutation has a definite sometimes dramatric effect on the bodys digestion system so therefore there is also a dramatic relationship to illness which itself relates to digestion tremendously

Reich also stated in his study about the 4 states , sexual thought , arousal, orgasm and relaxation or something like that, i dont disagree with that, but there is more , from the arousal stage, in relation to the erotic evolution of the aroused, it is possible to reach another state that i have personally termed
" The internal Erection"
From this state, the orgasm and relaxation procedure are completlytransformed from reichs initial states
Sometimes people may achieve this by accident, but i beleive that by erotic study and devotion and sincerity , it can be achieved more often , leading to pleasures of the ecstatic and also i beleive this co-incides with adjusting the psyche-insight and creative possibilities.

On WAlter Hill, i am just opening the file to re-aquaint myself with his chapter on sexual energy transmutations he relates with seeking a higher vibration of thought and he lists the higher vibrations of thought as these....
1. The desire for sex expression
2. Love
3.a burning desire for fame power , money
4. Music
5. FRiendship
6. A mastermind alliance (very underated state this one )
7.Mutial suffering by persecution etc
8.Auto-suggestion
9.Fear
10, Narcotics and alcohol

Eight of these stimuli are natural and constructive, 2 are destructive
SEx Desire comes at the top of the list of stimuli so the emotion of sex is the most powerful stimuli for Hill, so transmutation of sex energy may lift one to the status of genius in his mind.

The actual transmutation he talks of is just redirecting this higher vibration of emotional energy into something tangible and creatively constructive rather than discharging it through habitual meaningless masturbation or meaningless sexual couplings.

Habitual meaningless masturbation or meaningless sex . does tend to drain the being of the propulsive power required to make a dream materialize

But the real skill is developing the absolute ongoing certainty of what has meaning and what is meaningless, for your self, i think that the aftermath of any event will give one the absolute accurate answer to this question , but so many ignore this , therein lies the secret path to evolving heigtened life experiences i think , identifying and acting on this personal event feedback from ones own experiences and always beleiving that what has been said and done before by others is in no way "completely" satisfactory to your own needs which are.............to be developed to your own high or low standards .......
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Mon 30 Nov 2009, 04:11

Darn you figured out that I was going to harvest other's energy through acupuncture!

But great it looks like you got what it takes and why you are able to experience what you do. Digestion and getting ill certainly are connected, I'm sure the Chinese and Ayruvedic traditions get down to the essence that. It is true, good health starts in the gut, children who are prone to getting sick who are given probiotics get ill less often.

I heard you talk about the internal erection before, it really sounds familiar to the kundalini energy, where one has the bliss, major creativity and physical energy. You can transform the sexual energy into creative manifestations or evolving erotically like you said and lift one to the status of genuis.

The first 6 higher vibrations listed by Walter Hill seem to be passion or wanting to live and increase that force. The others ones feed on life.

Habitual meaningless masturbation or meaningless sex . does tend to drain the being of the propulsive power required to make a dream materialize
Whoever created the species that uses sex to propagate chose the female (that goes for any sexually reproducing species) to be baby machines (oh how lucky they are Evil or Very Mad ) and so sex will always be associated with the female and what the primitive mind believes that is all they are good for.
Which is why females have no idea that the sexual energy has much more capabilities than just that one purpose.
Maybe in the next batch of human civilization, the new human will be asexual or androgynous!!

But the real skill is developing the absolute ongoing certainty of what has meaning and what is meaningless, for your self, i think that the aftermath of any event will give one the absolute accurate answer to this question , but so many ignore this , therein lies the secret path to evolving heigtened life experiences i think , identifying and acting on this personal event feedback from ones own experiences and always beleiving that what has been said and done before by others is in no way "completely" satisfactory to your own needs which are.............to be developed to your own high or low standards .......
Very wise statement, maybe that will break the cycle of meaningless repetition that turns one into a sheeple. This goes for meaningless relationships in life too. The energies going on are not beneficial and always of a feeding type. And that is for business as well, look at most business interactions, it's all crooked. I think this is why the Yogis recommend to have little or no contact with society because the energies will always be there and one will be influenced somehow.
As for personal relationships just because one can't get any meaningfulness out of the other it doesn't mean they are worthless, it means the incessant feeding energy isn't benefiting. Folks totally disappoint themselves and can't stand what love can represent because they always look outside for it and become embittered, and why relationships turn to hate.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Mon 30 Nov 2009, 22:29

Sometimes the ego gets in the way of judging what has meaning or is meaningless because it wants something to justify its insatiable desires, this could be where the self will can get clouded and becomes destructibly selfish , the fine line, where the end result does not benefit, in fact starts to threaten and obstruct the ontological overall path of self development thus generating internal hostilitys in the psyche fueled by powerful raised emotions , this state symbolised by the devil and the angel whispering in ones ear Very Happy

I think that hills idea of transmuting sexual energy seems to be about there is an overall energetic charge can be raised in the being as long as they dont discharge this in meaningless sex or masturbation , this charge of energy can be transmuted into optimism and desire to dedication ti make a dramatic dream manifest , also maybe utilising the power of the feminine through a well chosen female accomplice whos presence constantly "stokes" this fire .

BUt there are other thinkers that actually use more direct arousal of sexual energy for mysterious purposes , i find that route seems to be much less elaborated anywhere
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Tue 01 Dec 2009, 05:01

Got to find out if it's the healthy ego or the negative ego running the show. If a person isn't getting there needs met then the shadow will come out and they will barf or turn to corruption or be hostile as you say. The ego is not a bad thing it's the voice of the shadow that tells a person what they need. A person deserves their rights.
But then there are folks with egos that are run by a false shadow. Something I call Evil, I like that term from the video, it represents who the real puppet master is.

The healthy ego's roots and expression stem from having no freedom or having one's rights taken away like they are now.
And those are my words, what I realized after learning about the shadow.

BUt there are other thinkers that actually use more direct arousal of sexual energy for mysterious purposes , i find that route seems to be much less elaborated anywherep
Yes there is and they have been harvesting the sexual energy for a very long time. The people who do this such as Skull and Bones believe they will have true power from doing this, but they are all very low class. Not only that but the energy harvested goes straight to their master, Evil, not them.

The Toltecs practiced utilising the sexual energy too, but they did if for themselves, and got true empowerment from that so they were much more sublimely powerful in ALL they did. They did not do these practices FOR SOMEONE ELSE.
Metaphorically speaking what they touched turned to gold.

Unlike a skull and bones members who think they are doing that for themselves and think it is their power, they think they control everyone and can create their dreams true but they are not. Enslaving others is not true empowerment. They think they have power but it's not their's at all, it's Evils. Skull and Bones and such are very low class and remain dense, they really believe they are gaining power but they remain low. They get no true freedom, the energy filters through them and goes straight to Evil.

See a person like this, insatiable and ruthless, and you know who their master is.
And those are my thoughts too.
p.s. And then there are the long gone consorts.......
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Wed 02 Dec 2009, 00:36

The False shadow running egos , good concept

Darn you figured out that I was going to harvest other's energy through acupuncture!
Chuckles quietly..... Razz
And the "Consorts" Seraphim, anything more on them ?

Good observation here from Evola - Eros and the mysteries of lOve

"Sexologists Have mistakenly paid little attentions to the fact that sexual orgasm can be felt in a dream without ejaculation by both men and women.
Some say that this pleasure can have a more ecstatic and all pervasive nature than that of the actual sexual act, and we shall see the reason for this .
It often happens i both men and women that pleasure is interupted at a given point of intensity and the person awakens at that moment .
Correctly interpreted, it is the normal association of pleasure with the physiological that automatically brings the dreaming person back to the physically conditioned plane by interupting the process.
In principle, however, the pleasure in the dream can be adopted as one of the arguments for demonstrating the possibility of an erotic process separated from habitual physiological conditioned circumstances.
Men can even experience pleasure in sleep when generative capacity has become exhausted through old age or when the ability to ejaculate has been destroyed through traumatic conditions in the nervous ducts.

For that matter, the impulse to coitus cannot be understood by a materialistic explanation in the animal world either and is in a certain way endogenous
Some experiments , conducted by Tarchanoff, showed that in certain cases, the seminal vessels of an animal, were empty before copulation and filled up gradually during copulation, thus inverting the relationship between cause and effect, far from being governed by the state of fullness and swelling of the organs, the sexual impulse itself brought about that state ... "
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Wed 02 Dec 2009, 06:23

Well that’s interesting that energy takes me to the dream world and makes me wake up in the dream, not in life. My dreams never wake me up, if they do I’m very out of it. Maybe I’m not even awake in this reality.

Most females use the orgasmic energy for one or two purposes and of course everyone gets lost in the feeling and don’t care to know of great potential of the sexual energies. I’ve heard one can do a lot with this energy on the other side, besides controlling oneself and being aware when dreaming.

Consorts, not in these days. Just Geishas maybe, but it’s still about pleasure with them and nothing wrong with that, but the amazing things one can do with this energy are lost. The sheeple make pleasure their weakness (and the media makes sure of this), if they only knew how empowered they can be instead.

p.s.I was being dramatic in the other post, the Evil got to me.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 05 Dec 2009, 01:28

Another good insight from same book
" In the traditionbal teachings of the far east, when a man an woman meet, even without any physical contact, a special energy or immaterial fluid called Tsing is aroused i the deeper layer of their beings.
This energy springs from the polarity of the yin and yang , which we provisionally define as the pure principles of femalke and male sexuality
This ennergy, Tsing, is a specification of the radical , vital force , tsri, and grows in proportion to the degree of yang and yin prsent in man and woman.
This special magnetically induced force has as its Psychological counterpart, the state of Diffused Intoxication, vibration and desire proper to human eros.
The occurence of this state causes the first displacement of the ordinary level of waking consciousness , which can be followed by other stages
The mere presence of the woman in front of the man arouses the elementary degree of tsing and its corresponding state
In societies where a sense of this elementary force of sex is retained , strict conventions are formulated from this deep existential basis rather than a moralistic one ."

THere is a great example of this in the film called "mutiny on the bounty " with marlon bRando and his crazy engleesh accent
When the bounty gets to tAhiti, Brando is magnetically aroused with the daughter of the tahiti tribes chief and brando goes into the trees with her.... following natures arousals in an "existential process" but brando is then disturbed by his captain bligh who orders him back to the ship and how dare he act like a dirty rampant fool with the daughter of the chief.
Bligh interpreting this affair with his conditioned moralistic monoperception .

But unknown to Bligh or even brandos character is that in tAhiti, this magnetic arousal is seen as a sacred act and the chief and tribe are completly for brando and the daughter getting it on . Very Happy
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Sat 05 Dec 2009, 07:26

Maybe the daughter used up brando for the sex energy while he thought only of the act and he just ended up wasting his jing. pale

Maybe the Tsing's purpose is to perpetuate the species. Without it there would be no matings. LOL. But really those eastern traditional teachings knew what they were talking about and are so very interesting.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 05 Dec 2009, 10:21

What initiates the tsing , the eternal question , because its not something one person can control...i guess thats been so frustrating for so many over the eons Very Happy

Found the clip here of brando
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Su_mgPWX60

BUt there is another really interesting scene in that film, where the bounty crew are being entertained by the tahiti tribe, and the chief expects captain bligh to have a dance
Captain bligh is a completely conditioned disciplined interactive persona and so the activity of a expressive free dance is the opposite extreme of what he is, especially to perform it in front of his own "command" a command that is held together be fear and punishment imposed through extreme disciplines

If there is a duende, then there is also an anti-duende and that is what blighs performance illustrates, a man dancing using pure will only and completely detached from his body intelligence .

Looks like a fools dance as expected .
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 16 May 2010, 22:24

Jungs process of Individuation - taken from various comments

Stage 1 - The shadow
The Shadow is always the same gender as the individual. The Shadow is considered to be a collection of inferiorities, undeveloped, and regressive aspects of the personality. They are primarily of an emotional nature and have a kind of autonomy, displaying an obsessive or more accurately a possessive quality.
These aspects are generally associated with projections. Projection is defined as "the situation in which one unconsciously invests another person (or object) with notions or characteristics of one's own.
symbols of the encounter with the shadow include the conversion motif. In the New Testament the Greek word that is translated as 'conversion' means literally 'a turning about'. And this is precisely what happens in the first stage of the individuation process: you start looking in the opposite direction - inside instead of outside - and this leads to the discovery and unfolding of a new dimension of yourself; new powers begin to work for you and you begin to experience 'newness of life'. 'You shall have life and shall have it more abundantly', said Jesus; and this, Jung would say, is what individuation is all about.

Both the ritual of baptism and the many Flood myths may be sen as the first stage of the individuation process. Water is a common symbol of the unconscious. In baptism a person is plunged into water and is said to be 'born again' when he or she rises out of the water. This symbolizes the descent of consciousness into the unconscious and the resulting new and fuller life.

The same aplies to stories of a great flood which destroys the face of the earth and the recedes, leaving one pure human being (e.g Noah in the Jewish - Christian tradition; Markandeya in the Hindu tradition). If we take this as a symbol of individuation, what is destroyed by the flood-waters (the unconscious) is the persona, that makeshift self-image with which we start our adult life. This partial self must be desolved to make way for the appearance of the whole self {represented by Noah or Markandeya}.

In some cultures there are myths of a diver who plunges to the bottom of the sea and brings up treasure. The water, again, may be seen as a symbol for the unconscious, and the treasure as the new self one finds when priviously usued psychic resources are given approperiate expression in one's conscious life.

Stage 2 - Anima and Animus
The Anima is the personification of all feminine psychological tendencies within a man, the archetypal feminine symbolism within a man's unconscious. The Animus is the personification of all masculine psychological tendencies within a woman, the archetypal masculine symbolism within a woman's unconscious. In dreams Jung said that the animus is more likely to be personified by multiple male figures, while the anima is frequently a single female. One might look on the concept of anima-animus as a kind of yin/yang solution to the duality of human sexuality. They are products of the long human experience of man with woman and woman with man: as man has opened to his feminine nature, so has woman a corresponding male side. They also act as collective images which motivate each sex to respond to and understand members of the other gender. That is, a man apprehends the nature of woman by virtue of his hidden anima, – and reciprocating, the woman is able to grasp the nature of maleness via her animus.
Sex can be an invaluable aid to the achieving personal wholeness and harmony; and it has been recognized as such in the Tantric mystic-meditative traditions of Hinduism and Buddhism. But can reach those heights only when there is worship: that is, where each partner acknowledges the worth of his or her sexual opposite. The macho male tends to reduce sex to merely a physical and emotional level, at which his partner is turned into a mere object.
For sevearl reasons, therefore, it is imperative, both for individual and for social progress, that we learn to acknowledge and integrate our anima or animus, our soul-image.
Your soul-image will led your conscious ego safely into the unconscious and safely out again. When Theseus neded to penetrate the labyrinth in Crete in order to slay the monstrous Minotaur, the fair Ariadne, with her thread, enabled him to go in and find his way out again. If we follow Jung and translate this story into psychological terms, the labyrinth is a symbol of the unconscious, the monster is the frightening and threatening aspect of whatever in our unconscious has been neglected and has therefore 'gone wild'; the slaying of the monster means 'taming' that wild, unruly force and bringing it under conscious control. The 'slaying' can be accomplished, however, only by love (Ariadne - the feminine) - only by accepting the neglected thing, honouring it and welcoming it into our unconscious.
The soul-image, then, is a mediator - a go-between or middle-man (or middle-woman) - who establishes communication between the conscious ego and the unconscious and reconciles the two. In the realm of religion there is the pyschopomp, the on who guides human souls safely into the undreworld; or - in some cultures - the shaman, who not only leads the souls of the dead to the spirit-world and makes the necessary introductions to spirits who will take proper care of the newcomers and get them ready for rebirth, but also carries the souls of sick people to the spirit-world for healing. The underworld or spirit-world is the unconscious. The unconscious has healing powers and by descending into it the conscious self can attain new life.
Your soul-image has characteristics which are the opposite of those possessed by your persona (the self-image you have constructed for the specific purpose of relating to the external world and for 'making your mark' in that world). For instance, if your persona is an intellectual one, your soul-image will be characterized by sentiment and emotion; and if you are the intuitive type, your soul-image will be earthly and sensual.
This means that if, instead of acknowledging and becoming acquainted with your own soul-image, you project it on to members of the opposite sex, you may be led into disastrous relationships. For example, an emotional man may choose a blue-stocking for his partner; or a sensitive woman may be irresistibly attracted by bearded intellectuals.
If, however, you accept and integrate your soul-image, it will make up deficiencies of your persona and help you become a fuller and more balanced person.

Stage 3 - Mana Personalities
mana, n. [native Polynesian term.] the impersonal supernatural force which certain primitive peoples attribute good fortune, magical powers, etc. Best applied here as intuitive powers or symbols of power and wisdom that reside in the depths of our psyche. Mana can attract or repel, wreak destruction or heal, confronting the EGO with a supraordinate force. To be 'possessed' by these 'mana' personalities is dangerous and can result in megalomania. When properly integrated the conscious and unconscious complement each other and unfolding of the wise self arises harmoneous.
Mana-personality. A personified archetypal image of a supernatural force
The mana-personality is a dominant of the collective unconscious, the well-known archetype of the mighty man in the form of hero, chief, magician, medicine-man, saint, the ruler of men and spirits, the friend of God.[The Mana-Personality,"CW7, par. 377.]
Historically, the mana-personality evolves into the hero and the godlike being, whose earthly form is the priest. How very much the doctor is still mana is the whole plaint of the analyst!
Mana is a Melanesian word referring to a bewitching or numinous quality in gods and sacred objects. A mana-personality embodies this magical power. In individual psychology, Jung used it to describe the inflationary effect of assimilating autonomous unconscious contents, particularly those associated with anima and animus.
The ego has appropriated something that does not belong to it. But how has it appropriated the mana? If it was really the ego that conquered the anima, then the mana does indeed belong to it, and it would be correct to conclude that one has become important. But why does not this importance, the mana, work upon others? . . . It does not work because one has not in fact become important, but has merely become adulterated with an archetype, another unconscious figure. Hence we must conclude that the ego never conquered the anima at all and therefore has not acquired the mana. All that has happened is a new adulteration.
Stage three is where man meets the Wise Old Man and a woman meets the Great Mother. These archetypal images are symbols of power and wisdom. Jung calls them 'mana personalities', because in primitive communities anyone with extraordinary power or wisdom was said to be filled with 'mana' (a Melanesian word meaning 'holiness' or 'the divine').

Jung warns us to be 'possessed' by these 'mana' personalities is dangerous (possession meaning letting these powers subdue the conscious mind and ignore all reason). It commonly results in megalomania. For example, a woman who allows her conscious mind to be invaded and subdued by the Great Mother will begin to believe herself able and destined to protect and nurture the whole world. Similarly, a man who allows himself to be taken over by the Wise Old Man (same as the Greatm Mother but in masculine form) is likely to become convinced that he is some sort of superman or great guru, filled with heroic power or with superior insight into the meaning of things.

These 'mana' personalities are symbols of the power and wisdom that lie deep within parts of our own psyche. But, like other things in our unconscious they may be projected. For example, instead of making contact with this inner store of power and wisdom, we may choose to disown it and see it as the property of someone else, some national leader or some superman figure from modern mythology.

The right thing to do with the 'mana' personality, however, is neither to project it nor keep it surpressed, but to integrate it into your consciousness. This means enriching your life with a wisdom that is not accessible to intellect but comes from the unconscious. It also means that from now on, conscious and unconscious are no longer seen as opposites, but as two cooperating and complementary parts of one and the same psyche.

Jung speaks of stage three as the second liberation from the mother (the first liberation from mother being stage two, when anima or animus is integrated into conscious life). This second and fuller liberation means achieving a genuine sense of one's true individuality.

Common symbols of the Wise Old Man include the king, magician, prophet or guru and guide. Common symbols for the Great Mother include a goddess or other female figure associated with fertility (e.g. a nude female figure with large breasts, or many breasts, or broad buttocks, or prominent vagina), priestess and prophetess. The words 'prophet' and 'prophetess' are used here in the sense of someone through whom a god or goddess speaks.
megalomania - a mental disorder characterized by delusions of grandeur, wealth, power, etc.
Great Mother - The archetypal symbol for the Goddess, instead of an inward god.

Stage 4 - The Self

The Self is simply the centre and the totality of the entire psyche. It is the archetype which contains all the other archetypes and around which they orbit. It's something of a paradox, and extremely difficult for the conscious ego to accept.
Hero archetype: a Self symbol, but where the god symbolizes the collective unconscious, the hero is a mixture of it with human consciousness {Examples: Jesus & the Buddha}. It's an anticipation of an individuation process approaching wholeness.
The Self draws its power exclusively from the collective unconscious; it is transpersonal rather than personal and is not conditioned by a person's individual experiences. The Self is both:
the "guide" of the process of individuation, the regulating center of the personality
the "goal" of the process of individuation, the symbol of perfect fulfillment of all potential (this is an unconscious goal, not the goal of the conscious ego)
Self Projection: Because the Self is so powerful, it contains both the concepts of Good and Evil. It is only projected onto transcendental figures, either images of God or the Devil, or religious leaders who are divinized by their followers.

Possession by the Self: Because the Self is associated with the deepest levels of the collective unconscious, it is extremely powerful. When possessed by the Self, the ego loses control of the personality through positive or negative Inflation (literally meaning "blown into"). Positive inflation results in megalomania as the ego identifies with the power of the Self and is carried away by the unconscious (in myths, this can be symbolized as deification;
Herakles, for example, loses his mortal body in the funeral pyre but his spirit is carried up to Olympus by Athena). Negative inflation results in annihilation of the ego, which is completely overpowered by the Self, resulting in a state of complete withdrawal or catatonia (in myths, this can be symbolized as being swallowed up by a monster, turned to stone, etc.).

Integration of the Self: Because of its unconscious, transpersonal nature, the Self can never be truly integrated by the ego. What the ego must learn to do surrender its need to always be in control by recognizing the value of the Self's guidance and deferring to its superior wisdom. In myths this is often symbolized by the ego-bearer's learning to trust the mystical figures who are directing him/her even when their advice seems dangerous and contradictory. On the other hand, the ego must always maintain a safe distance from the unconscious, recognizing the dangerous power that can never be defeated or controlled.

This positive and negative inflation is interesting
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sun 07 Nov 2010, 03:11

According to michael flatley, {riverdancer} in 1916, Carl Jung offered to psychoanalyse james joyce, but joyce refused, beleiving he would have had things to teach jung

A letter from jung to joyce regarding ulysses

Here is the letter Jung wrote to Joyce, after he finished Ulysses:

Dear Sir,

Your Ulysses has presented the world such an upsetting psychological problem, that repeatedly I have been called in as a supposed authority on psychological matters.

Ulysses proved to be an exceedingly hard nut and it has forced my mind not only to most unusual efforts, but also to rather extravagant peregrinations (speaking from the standpoint of a scientist). Your book as a whole has given me no end of trouble and I was brooding over it for about three years until I succeeded to put myself into it. But I must tell you that I’m profoundly grateful to yourself as well as to your gigantic opus, because I learned a great deal from it. I shall probably never be quite sure whether I did enjoy it, because it meant too much grinding of nerves and of grey matter. I also don’t know whether you will enjoy what I have written about Ulysses because I couldn’t help telling the world how much I was bored, how I grumbled, how I cursed and how I admired. The 40 pages of non stop run at the end is a string of veritable psychological peaches. I suppose the devil’s grandmother knows so much about the real psychology of a woman, I didn’t.

Well I just try to recommend my little essay to you, as an amusing attempt of a perfect stranger that went astray in the labyrinth of your Ulysses and happened to get out of it again by sheer good luck. At all events you may gather from my article what Ulysses has done to a supposedly balanced psychologist.

With the expression of my deepest appreciation, I remain, dear Sir,

Yours faithfully,
C.G. Jung

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Sat 18 Aug 2012, 15:42

Although i believe jung researched and synthesised materials that had already been touched on by ancient predecessors like Plato (who still not fully credited for his brilliance or even understood today , in my humble opinion) , without always crediting them, because the ego works in very complex manners in disguising where its sources of inspiration come from, in fact even as jung was apparently working to reveal the unconscious for others , his own conscious/unconscious relationship was probably perversely and ironically transferring / encrypting to jungian talk, certain aquired reels of thought in order for his own ego to suck some attention, after all , everyone thrives on attention , especially if its in an honourable field of endeavour, and deserve it

i certain concur with the hero and depression themes touched upon by this commentator in this piece

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down