DaRythymDivine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coping With Traumatic Stress & Karma

+2
seraphim
Flames
6 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Coping With Traumatic Stress & Karma Empty Re: Coping With Traumatic Stress & Karma

Post  seraphim Mon 25 Jul 2011, 21:42

Thanks Flames I really appreciate you sharing this Smile
It's come to that point where we don't know what else to do but beat each other up and ourselves. But you certainly are not going to beat yourself up anymore.

Traumatic experiences purged from conscious memory and trauma submerged in collective unconscious:

This video may seem funny and it is, but what is it that makes us react like we do, why we react with certain behaviors. Is it the animal part in us that keep us in flight or fight. But what was the trauma that kept us reacting like this. I understand it's about survival out there and we need to be on alert with some kind of awareness all the time, but why the ongoing exaggerations and overreactions.
seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Coping With Traumatic Stress & Karma Empty Re: Coping With Traumatic Stress & Karma

Post  KapitanScarlet Wed 27 Jul 2011, 01:03

Flames - cheers for the inquiry , nicely presented , i may add comments at a later time on this subject
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

https://darythymdivine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  seraphim Wed 27 Jul 2011, 07:07

For all this thinking how are we going to do any work on ourselves! Laughing
For one thing, I do believe we are tested all the time. And that whatever energy we put out usually comes back to us.

And then beyond all those happenings if we recognize that coincidences are not that all the time and that there are reasons for everything. Really Flames it true!
It's funny, I just watched Donnie Darko this year and I really enjoyed that movie, because he really was using willpower which I think is about handling those dual energies that are around us. And to catch ourselves when we put out certain energy especially negative.

I also think that spiritual got mixed up with being good, and most want to be that way, because they have so much bad inside of them, whether from physical or DNA trauma. It's really a sad situation. And you don't really get to many places with bad, but lots of places with good. Or there are some people who were put down in childhood for things that were not necessarily bad and later on in life try to be spiritual, when actually they really want to be bad and act out and do all the things in childhood they were forbidden to do.
I certainly do not want to be spiritual, it's silly. Or whoa wooo who, I am awake, enlightened, I can see. The mind can not be enlightened in it's state and if it thinks it is, it is most likely delusional. All false. What is being this way or that way in this world, it's nothing that's what. So someone is this or that way, it's all fake. But a person who has become true and knows thereSelf is something though, and that's the place one ought to be, but how when we have no tools.

I would just like to do what I want in a clear and aware way, not acting from some messed up past life or karma, without trampling on others. So how would I know if I'm doing the right thing then if my behaviors are tainted and I don't know. Well I think getting in touch with one's heart is a key.

What a person can do when they get over all these things, is to build up love in their heart, because they can do so many things with it and clear up karma. A person can a lot with evil to, but in the end they won't get anywhere with it in my opinion, plus it's not even as strong as love.

I say people are not really good or bad. Just trained to be that way.
I've heard mankind as a debt that can never be repaid. And it's about mankind got out of that!

seraphim
seraphim

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Wed 27 Jul 2011, 08:05

With psychology or any form of "help" it is a subjective experience and one should take from it what they will.
I have met therapists that were doing good work back in the early nineties using the information provided by John Bradshaw.
He tried the route of religion, but realized its shortcomings.
I found his lectures to be very insightful and having depth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bradshaw_%28author%29

John Elliot Bradshaw (born June 29, 1933) is an American educator, counselor, motivational speaker and author who has hosted a number of PBS television programs on topics such as addiction, recovery, codependency and spirituality. Bradshaw is active in the self-help movement, and is credited with popularizing such ideas as the "wounded inner child" and the dysfunctional family. His books are mainly works of popular psychology. In his promotional materials and in interviews and reviews of his work he is often referred to as a theologian.

Bradshaw was born in Houston, Texas, into a troubled family and abandoned by an alcoholic father. Bradshaw won scholarships to study for the Roman Catholic priesthood. He earned a B.A. degree in Sacred Theology and an M.A. degree in philosophy from the University of Toronto in Canada.[citation needed] Six years after his 1963 graduation, Bradshaw returned to academia at Rice University in Houston, Texas, doing three years of graduate work in psychology and religion.[citation needed] Bradshaw says alcohol addiction and other problems led to his decision to end his plans for the priesthood.

Bradshaw is the author of six books, several of which held top slots as New York Times bestsellers; his book Homecoming reached No. 1. During the 1980s and 1990s he hosted a number of PBS television broadcasts based on his books. He has served on the board of directors of the Palmer Drug Abuse Program and as the national director of the John Bradshaw Center at Ingleside Hospital in Los Angeles, California.

Bradshaw resides in Houston, Texas, with second wife, Karen, an artist.

Throughout the 1970s, John Bradshaw served as a management consultant at Drillco Manufacturing Company and as a leadership trainer at Denka Chemical Company.[citation needed] He was also director of human resources and served on the board of directors of Texas General Oil Company.[citation needed] Bradshaw is the developer and presenter of workshops for forty Fortune 500 companies and thousands of evolved non-profits and for-profit institutions.

He has presented lectures and workshops for educational, professional and social organizations since 1964. He has served as: member, board of directors and as president of the Palmer Drug Abuse Program (1981-88); national director of Life-Plus Co-Dependency Treatment Center (1987-1990); founder and national director of the John Bradshaw Center at Ingleside Hospital in Los Angeles (1991-1997); and member, national board of directors of The International Montessori Society (1990-present). He is an honorary lifetime board member of the Council on Alcohol and Drugs in Houston.

Since 1999, Bradshaw has also been a senior fellow at The Meadows Institute.[citation needed] The Meadows is a multi-disorder inpatient facility in Arizona specializing in the treatment of a range of addictions. The facility's intensive treatment focuses on drug and alcohol addiction, sexual addictions, depression, eating disorders, psychological conditions, affective disorders and compulsive behaviors. It takes a holistic approach to addiction recovery and includes a wide variety of therapeutic approaches, including the Twelve-step program of Alcoholics Anonymous.

In 1991, Bradshaw was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Talk Show Host for his series Bradshaw On: Homecoming and his newest book Reclaiming Virtue, published by Bantam, a division of Random House, is Pulitzer nominated for this body of work

Bradshaw has appeared on Opra"h, Geraldo, Sally, Dr. Ruth, Tom Snyder, Donahue, Politically Incorrect, CNN-Talk Back Live, and Sirius Radio.

Bradshaw is the author of six books, three of which are New York Times Best Sellers, and he has sold over 10 million copies and is published in 42 languages.

In 1999, Bradshaw was nominated by a group of his peers as "One Of The 100 Most Influential Writers On Emotional Health in the 20th Century."

Many of Bradshaw's video lectures are now available on youtube. There was much I was able to take and use from his information and insights.
I highly recommend them for perusal at least once by everyone.
It was an interesting perspective at the time and Bradshaw was able to go into great depth concerning this subject.
You can check his bibliography on his wikipedia page and search youtube to find more lectures and television appearances should his information be valuable to you.

John Bradshaw..."On The Family"...

John Bradshaw..."Healing the Shame That Binds You"...

John Bradshaw..."Homecoming"...
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sputnik Wed 27 Jul 2011, 12:43

Coping With Traumatic Stress & Karma Soul_retrieval_mending_the_fragmented_self

A read this book a few years ago and it is based on the traditional schamanic practice of soulretrieval. I tried it out and I liked it a lot...I would say it worked for me.

Very intersting talks by Bradshaw, I am going to watch the vids..thanks for sharing Q.
Sputnik
Sputnik

Back to top Go down

Post  quicksilvercrescendo Fri 29 Jul 2011, 17:43

I don't think there is another pop psychologist, as in one that has gone so public and somewhat commercially, that can come close to the substance of what Bradshaw has taken the time to address. His first video was on the eight developmental stages of man, but I am not able to find that one available for free anywhere. Should I locate it, I will post a link.
quicksilvercrescendo
quicksilvercrescendo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sputnik Mon 01 Aug 2011, 09:10

Nietzsche once said there are no facts, only interpretations..

I think it's a balancing act between seeing the existing beauty and the abuse..and I think both should be adressed. I think that those people who try to only focus on the "positive" are in a state of denial. I am not saying that Jim Carrey is in a state of denial, but I would go a step further and say...I am consciousness and all there is INCLUDING that which hurts my own sense of beauty. If I can perceive abuse, pain and injustice it means I am THAT too...but I think it is at this treshold were people go into the new age "all is wonderful if I only focus on it strong enough" positivity trap. So yes, I agree that we are limitless consciousness...with all the flaws in it...and if I (we) want a less flawed reality we must first accept the world "as it is", and it is ourselves and how we react to "as is" before any change in the outer planes of existence can occure.

It is okay to say that one does not like the world "as is"...I would think this is the beginning to confront oneself with ones partizipation (and responsibility) in the creation of a completely mad society..and I doubt the news media can be blamed for all of it as the madness of our human misery is many centuries old..

But maybe it is true and we are at the treshold of a major shift in consciousness...
Sputnik
Sputnik

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Tue 02 Aug 2011, 01:32

and I doubt the news media can be blamed for all of it as the madness of our human misery is many centuries old

The problem is that theres no way for sure that an existing person in this moment can truly fathom how consciousness came to be as they are experiencing it in its rythmic roller coaster ride inside the restrictive palms of joy and despair
There is the illusion of free will , but if you truly analyse free will, you are faced with its many restrictions . which you can then choose to interpret as
Obstacles to be overcome or signposts of failure , you weave your own fate
or its more comforting and less work for some to think of fates dealing hand as Gods will

And there are others whom sway between both perspectives

But at the end of the day, one still must sleep with some big question marks remaining regarding existence
Then the challenge is to make the days meaningful for your self and those you choose to be around
And there are infinite ways of achieving that
And yet still there is some other branch of consciousness that rejects all of the above and just hurts inside from a dis-satisfaction with being
Whats that all about

Here is the theological fantasmic answer - God and the devil are one loving entity whose flavours are the Testing and forming influences of human spirit, character and destiny and each i-consciousness is responsible for its own choices of flavour which in turn weave its own I destiny

I will come back with a more reasoned interpretation of your subject in the next introspective burst flames

KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KapitanScarlet Wed 03 Aug 2011, 21:40

I look out the car window and notice a light pole turn on at dusk, exactly the same time as the night before, and the night before that
Possibly a dusk to dawn sensor on those but
really excellent stimulating thoughts flames - can add more myself sometime here Cool
KapitanScarlet
KapitanScarlet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down